TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@Zertex i am in a similar boat to you, and am expecting either PSA or academy at this point… I’m probably not going here though. I’m pretty sure the class rank if it is below the top 25% hurts you a lot.

If I get the option to choose another major at Texas A&M similar to what some other posters on here, is it possible to switch majors into mays business school, accounting major? I heard they don’t take very many people but if you are transferring interally would it be easier? Also, if this is possible, what major would I choose? Economics? This is if the school decides to give me full admission but to a major other than engineering.

You will not get an option to choose another major.

It is for automatic and academic admits that are engineering major first choice who do not get selected during the review process. It would be exceedingly rare for a review candidate to be admitted and have both their second choice majors filled already. Not saying it is impossible - but highly not likely at this point.

And I have posted this before - but because of all the options - your best chance to get in is through engineering.

I’ve broken down the numbers from the past two cycles for percent of people who applied that were admitted.

Here is it by college 2019/2018
Ag 44% 53%
Arch 37% 46%
Business Admin 38% 48%
Education 41% 48%
Engineering 74% 85%
Geo 60% 67%
Gen Studies 100% (But that is the Gateway etc kids)
Liberal Arts 47% 56%
Science 53% 62%
Vet 68% 72%
Public Health 52% 57%

Mays is not an option at this time because it’s full. After 30 completed hours at Tamu (all 30) with the required courses complete (I think there’s 4 or 5 that must be taken. Math 140 and 142 being 2 of them. Then you can apply for change of curriculum. They take 100 a academic year!

in my case my 2nd choice major is mays, so it would be full. Does that change anything?

have any waitlisted people received a letter in the mail yet explaining our situation? Admissions keeps saying just read the letter, but my mail service is painfully slow!

My daughter applied in the very last minutes of the deadline December 2nd, 2019. She very much procrastinated. She was ranked 156 out of 610 in her class so second quartile for A&M. She took 3 AP at the time of application and was scheduled for 5 this year. Her SAT score was 1280. She applied for Communications. She was accepted on January 23, 2020 for Blinn Team.

i never got a letter/email (i got waitlisted on that one day with the huge wave of waitlist offers so its been a good amount of time). it doesnt even list it under communications

@AggieMomhelp @BlueBayouAZ so do y’all think today was the only time they are sending out gateway offers or do y’all think more are to come

Same, but since it is first-come, first-serve for the offer. So if today was the first round then I think we have some chance of being accepted. (knocks on wood)

I think we do! I got an email a couple of hours later to confirm my acceptance to TAMU. I think you have to accept your admission on Howdy to make it official! See you Fall 2020!
Best of luck, my dudes!

Best of luck to all in these upcoming months…
GIG ‘EM AGGIES!

Checked portal at 6am:

“The admissions limits on the College Station campus have been reached and very few additional offers of full admission will be made”

We would like to consider you for one of the following Engineering Pathways:

Option 1: Engineering at Galveston
Option 2: Engineering at McAllen
Option 3: Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan

Disappointing but expected… unfortunately, none of these align with my preferred track for engineering studies.

@TC12Racer Got the same just now. Can anyone give any insight on the numbers of people that get the Blinn/Bryan offer from years past? It’s really hard to move forward not knowing.

Got the same offer… it says we would like to CONSIDER you. Does this mean it is like a waitlist? Am I not gaurenteed admission to Galveston for example? Also, do I have to make a decision within 1 week or sooner because if so I will decline it.

In the past it has been first come first served. And each pathway fills.

I would advise you to pick one if you think you might want to pursue it.

But am I still gaurenteed if I click on it? As in is it an offer or just a glorified waitlist, can I really wait until April 1st? I am an OOS student so I cannot readily access Texas a&m

In the past it was not a “glorified waitlist.” If you picked it and there was still space available you were placed in it. Within a week or two.

It’s the same with even PSA. You pick your system school and it takes a little while for them to confirm things.

Oh and the waiting until April first means that after that date the offer is gone. Not an option anymore.

I checked my daughter’s howdy the day after she had to claim her PSA offer - and there was a message saying the deadline has passed.

How long do I have to accept? If it’s less than 4 weeks then I am not going to consider