TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@burnerphone415 I think my question would be - if you choose an option now, are you bound to that decision (like early decision)? I honestly think you are not bound until you officially accept by signing up for NSC or something like that. They are asking you if you want to be considered for a spot in any of those options, once they offer, it’s still an offer. Can anyone else confirm?? @AggieMomhelp @BlueBayouAZ

Then don’t. There is no guarantee how many spots will be left in 4 weeks. Let someone who wants it have the spot.

I chose option 3, the academy, but that does not count automatically as an admission decision, correct? Can I still wait on results from other schools?

So should I just put down Galveston as I am interested but unsure? Or am I forced to go there if I do that…

No change here

@burnerphone415 Just curious as to why you won’t choose academy at blinn-bryan? And no, I don’t think you are “forced” to go there if you choose that option. That’s what I was trying to say earlier - you choose what offer you want, and IF offered, you still have a choice to accept - waiting for others to chime in and confirm.

My howdy portal hasn’t changed yet… this wait is excruciating.

Yesterday, my son accepted the Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan (TEAB-Bryan) offer. Today, my son’s AIS says "Congratulations. Your request to Join Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan has been approved. " Next step is to register for NCS or decline by 5/1/2020.

I will probably go ahead and accept the offer for Galveston… you don’t have to commit until you sign up for NSC right?

Congratulations to your son @jxdjxd !

@burnerphone415 that is correct. You are accepted by TAMU first. Once you register for a NSC you are then formally accepting that offer.

@hardy8635, @Desperateseni0r …what Major/College? We’re waiting for Liberal Arts, University Studies

@2NDGENAGGIE My majors were Psychology and Philosophy. I’m pretty sure Pysch is full but i’m still taking my chances with philosophy.

No change here for Liberal Arts either :confused:

@burnerphone415 Jacey also commented on this but you do realize that Blinn/Bryan is in College Station and you are dual enrolled with TAMU receiving all the same benefits as any other TAMU student. Unless you just love Galveston this is usually the preferred option when offered. But you should do what is best for you. Just want to make sure you understand the options. :slight_smile: . Congratulations!

So, my daughter got offered Galveston, Mcallen, Blinn/Bryan
— So Galveston and McAllen are full offers?
–Blin/Bryan is the Dual College – assuming this has limitations?

I am asking her to take the full offer at Galveston–but not sure if this is the right route as she wants to do greek life and the whole College experience…which she will her second year…but just wondering if anyone has any idea how Galveston is.

Our Daughter got the choices for Galveston - McAllen - Blinn Engineering Team today!!! Whoop!!! We chose TEAM!!! So excited! Finally an answer! Gig’ em!

Agriculture

The only difference with Blinn/Bryan and full admit is that you take some classes at Blinn and some at TAMU. Everything else is exactly the same as full admit including living in the dorms and then you smoothly and seamlessly roll into full TAMU. No one in College Station knows or cares which program you are in and everyone is living the Aggie life. Don’t be deterred by the idea of Full Admit vs Co-Enrollment, your are still a Full Aggie with Co-Enrollment and even have a TAMU Student ID. Please believe me that the Blinn/Bryan is the first option to go because most people want to be in College Station so chose carefully. But as mentioned before do what is best for you or your student.

This is SO PAINFUL…nothing has changed in our sons Howdy portal or AIS! Praying they make changes throughout the day and not just the morning.