TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I have a kid who just finished Blinn Team and another who was just accepted to Gateway.

Here are some of my observations: As mentioned, Blinn is cheap than A&M. You can easily knock out some tougher classes in a easier enviroment. The professors are A&M profs for the most part so the quality is still there. It can be a little challenging navigating the Blinn/A&M bureaucracy. My daughter finished early right into BIMS.

Gateway - Quicker option but you probably have some more work to then get into the major you want from General Studies.

My son is going to accept the Blinn Dual enrollment offer. Is it acceptable for me to tell my friends heā€™s going to be an Aggie?

@TC12Racer My advice would be to accept the Blinn Academy offer and use your time wisely to further investigate this great option. Better to have it in your possession than think about it/decide to accept/find out this opportunity has filled up. Are you waiting on decisions from other applications? if so do you know the time frame for those being released ?
Iā€™m sure you are not ā€˜boundā€™ into anything until you commit at NSC .

HE IS AN AGGIE!! He will get the ā€œclass of 24ā€ Maroon banner, etc. via Snail Mail. WHOOP!!!

@jmg817 Absolutely. He will be enrolled at TAMU and will get the same newest Loudest and Proudest member of the TAMU Class of 2024 banner as all the accepted students (in a few weeks). Take pictures and post them on social media.

I canā€™t figure out how to start a new postā€¦so, is ANYONE that is Holistic Review outside of Engineering hearing ANYTHING!!! Decline/PSA/TEAM/Full Admit ?! Me and daughter are NOW at the point of actually losing our minds!

@2NDGENAGGIE nothing on our end either. My daughter is still anxiously waiting. TAMU is her first choice. She just got her acceptance into Baylor but wants to wait to hear from TAMU. Biology major. Still ā€œin reviewā€

Me either, Iā€™m still in review with no change to my Howdy portal or AIS

Timeframe on those is going to be several monthsā€¦ regular decision applications. I put my app into consideration for the Academy, so Iā€™ll do some research on it over time. Thanks so much!

waitlisted for school of ag/life sciences, but other than that nothing.

Do you mean formally accept (like deposit and everything) @Scotsfi ? Or put the application into consideration?

Same situation and I have heard nothing. Everything in Howdy and AIS is the same.

100% He is. There is no difference to the students.

we got waitlisted for Team and full admit last week. Kinesiology Major. top 25%; 28 ACT.

@2NDGENAGGIE - my daughter is Chemistry or Biochem and she was waitlisted last week.

just wanted to tell everyone that I applied early action for engineering, was a review admit, and was notified around 9 a.m. today that i was offered team, galveston and another option that i forgot ( lol itā€™s been a crazy day, sorry ).
i chose to do team and now i have to wait AGAIN for them to tell me if i will even get into that. anyway, just wanted to let everyone know what happened to me in case you are in a similar situation.

I am OOS and not sure how Financial aid is managed

is @agdadā€™92 still on this forum?

@TC12Racer If you are still unsure/awaiting other decisions just accept the Academy offer at this point (no deposit or financial commitment). Iā€™m wondering if the word ā€˜considerā€™ is the root of your uncertainty in all this? IF you accept their offer PROMPTLY going by the reports from others on this forum you should receive confirmation of your Academy spot within 24-48 hrs. (Some are reporting they accepted Academy offer yesterday and their AIS already reflects their admission.) Should you take longer to decide and then, say in week or so, go back into your account to accept all the spots may have been taken and the offer will no longer be available.

Congratulations!!!
Can you share your stats? My son is the same - early action for engineering and review admitā€¦still waiting and going crazy.