TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Agree! We are in the same boat. My son was accepted to Texas Tech a long time ago but really has his heart set on A&M. This waiting is driving us insane and pushing Tech closer to our #1 spot everyday. Wish A&M would just give us a response one way or the other so we could move on with our lives and know where he’ll be headed.

Thank you! And I totally feel your son’s pain. Hope he is notified soon.
My stats are as follows:
Intended major: computer science
26 ACT composite
Rank is 19%, categorized as 1st quarter
3.7 weighted GPA
Member of National Spanish Honor Society, computer engineering club, volunteered w/ A&M alumni for years and got a letter of recommendation from her
Lots of AP classes and honors classes. (My GPA is quite low due to the fact that I transferred to a new school at the start of my senior year and my school rejected lots of my credits and therefore my GPA was cut accordingly)

Hope this helps!!

Our daughter was offered Gateway 5 years ago. I would say that Gateway is one summer session where all the students need to do is pass the 3 classes plus take the one that teaches them about study habits and college life. Other than giving up 5 weeks of summer, she was automatically a full time CS student when the Fall classes started up.

Now, if you student is wanting into a more competitive major, like she wanted Mays for business, she had to complete 30 hours at A&M with a minimum 3.5 (at that time) GPA. She did that and submitted her paperwork to transfer into Mays and she got in. Her Gateway roommate moved immediately into her major after Gateway summer classes, but her major was I believe in Sociology or something like that. It just depends on the major.

@ Ag Dad ‘92 - any idea if decisions are only announced in the morning or will they be throughout the day? Thoughts on what majors they will be offering today?

Truly I’m not 100% sure, other than I know that Admissions has said more than once that they’ve been told that the plan was to get most, if not all, decisions sent out before Aggie Saturday (next Saturday)

I’ve seen on this board that Tuesday and Fridays are the 2 most active days…and normally early in the morning is the most active. Again, we can only assume that this is correct based on what has been happening here with the members that announce what they received.

I’m in the same boat as some on here as far as the wait & see game. No Changes on either AIS or Howdy. We do still have the 2 options to change major or withdrawal, so I’m hoping that what was said earlier about “still being in the game” is correct.

We were elated that my son was offered Gateway yesterday. While it seems pretty doable for him to obtain the necessary 2.0 in the summer session to get full admit in the fall, I feel hesitant to share that he got in. Can you consider Gateway as an admission?

My son just found three options on his AIS: McAllen Engineering, Galveston Engineering, and Blinn-Bryan Engineering. He is to choose one by April 1st. There is also an option to decline all three.

He has applied to the Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham and is supposed to hear back about that by the beginning of April.

If he chooses one of the three offers on AIS, does that mean he’s officially accepting it, or just that TAMU will consider him for that option and let him know later on whether they’ll take him?

I received an email today that said admissions decisions will roll all the way until mid-March. Whete did you find they’re aiming for next weekend?

Although decisions might very well go past next Saturday, my daughter had a admission counselor appointment last week and was told that they are pushing to get all done by Aggieland Saturday. Just my $0.02

If you all are getting email updates, that’s more than what I am getting. I’m only speculating based on what has been on this forum, talking to my daughter and just “gut feeling”

Look y’all, when you call admissions you are talking to a student worker who has been told what to say. Some are told different things. Every year they say oh no there are still full admits available, or no, the 6 tabs mean nothing or even as one was told yesterday “gateway was an error”… it wasn’t. So take anything and everything you hear from admissions with a grain of salt. And yes they do try to have most positive decisions out by Aggie Saturday. That doesn’t mean it will happen, but that is their goal every year.

@ Ag Dad ‘92 - same here …no change in either and still have the two options, change major or withdraw. Not confident thats a good thing or a bad thing. The wait is absolutely killing us tho!

@Rdy2Fly Gateway is an offer and I believe the percentage of “passing” the requirements to roll right into the Fall semester is extremely high. You would have to basically not try at all! It’s a fantastic program. Think of it as a boot camp in college (without the partying).

So yes, scream from the top of your lungs that your Son is an Aggie.

@WTXMama I replied to your other thread.

If our daughter gets Gateway offer…HELL YES she’s an AGGIE in Fightin’ Class of '24!! WHOOP!!!

can someone post what the email updates are saying? i haven’t gotten any email since getting my UIN

Thank you, @AggieMomhelp for the answer on my other thread. So if he clicks today on Blinn Bryan Engineering, is he “in”? Or does he still have to wait for acceptance to that program?

I called Admission Counceler last Friday…she said, and I quote, “we are trying to make ALL offers by Friday before Aggieland Saturday.”. That’s where I learned that “deadline”.

I did NOT talk with a Student. I “forced” my way to a genuine Admissions Councelor.

Yes! Gateway is a full admission in my book! As I mentioned earlier, our oldest west through Gateway to ultimately get into Mays Business school. She was considered 100% full admission in the Fall of 2015. Depending on your son’s major, he may or may not be put directly into it once the summer is over. Our daughter had to fulfill some requirements but it’s attainable!!! Congrats on his offer!!! Gateway students already feel like they fit in once Fall rolls around!!!

@ccjjmm @cookmom I empathize with you on the waiting … But I suggest patience at this time and not get discourage because you are seeing others being offered. Your sons are already accepted to TTU so they are going to be there in a week or two.

TAMU is a wonderful university and I think it is still worth the wait … Good luck to your sons both …