TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Change major button is gone in Howdy too (not AIS). Does this button disappear before full admit decisions too? Anyone else?

My change major button is gone in Howdy
 hope it’s not PSA, but I guess it probably is? Hoped for better

My change button is gone in Howdy as well. I’m a BIMS major so not sure how to feel, as it’s not a participating major for PSA

If you go to sbs.tamu.edu (which is Student Business Services), and look at Distance Education Differential Tuition, you’ll see the additional charges for online classes listed by academic department. “The rate to be charged for distance education courses will range from a minimum of $40 per semester credit hour to a maximum of $550 per semester credit hour. Each academic department will have an individual rate that will be approved annually by the President of Texas A&M University. For specific rates for each college, please visit Distance Education Differential Tuition.”

@Stonek - is there a link online listing the participating majors for PSA?

PRAYING THIS DOESN’T MEAN PSA
 uggggggggggg beyond frustrated.

@Stonek and @aggiehopeful1023 - what are your stats? Maybe we can get some sort of idea about which direction we’re going because it looks like the apps are all in the same situation.

A little more explanation of the term differential tuition according to the sbs website – Distance Education Differential Tuition is an additional charge for distance education courses and will range from a minimum of $40 per semester credit hour to a maximum of $550 per semester credit hour (so for a typical 3 credit hour course, it would be a minimum of $120 to $1,650). This charge does not replace regular tuition. It is in addition to regular tuition.

go to: http://admissions.tamu.edu/PSA/. That lists all Colleges and Majors for PSA. Our daughter’s HOWDY just changed too (removal of “change major”)
guess it IS “soft decline”. We’ll have to wait 'til tomorrow I guess
to see what happens in AIS?

Well, this can’t be correct as my son was one of those offered the options last week. He chose option 3, an hour later it stated he was being considered for Blinn-Bryan, then the next morning it congratulated him and stated he has been accepted to Engineering Academy Blinn-Bryan and to setup his NSC.

FYI, he was offered and accepted it on Thursday morning, not Friday morning.

Not looking forward to PSA either. But our daughter’s app was for Public Health (not on the list). Here is the link with the specifics http://admissions.tamu.edu/psa/

@Hope2Baggie . If you go to http://admissions.tamu.edu then look for link on Freshman > How to be Admitted > Alternative Admission Decisions there’s a big link for PSA & the participating colleges/Depts

yes
but
says right on the site (not admitted as Freshman):

Program for System Admission
If you are denied freshman admission you may be offered an opportunity to participate in the Program for System Admission (PSA). In this program you will enroll in one of the participating Texas A&M University System schools. You will begin Fall classes at Texas A&M University College Station after completing the program. We will, as one mom suggested, start at Blinn CC (we have friends that did this as well) and transfer to TAMU. But, it is a complete shame that, those that didn’t score even close to our daughter, were homeschooled, and in top 10% get in. I would have LOVED Gateway

There is still hope! Let’s see what tomorrow brings.

are we able to ascertain if the wording in the 3 x engineering options offer (Blinn Academy; Galveston; McAllen) was any different for those who received it Thurs v Friday?

I’m a first gen with pretty eh stats if you ask me. 1190 (600 something for writing and 500 something for math) on my SAT, 3.7 GPA unweighted, 90 weighted, and long list of activities, community hours, etc.

My change major button disappeared too
 1310 SAT 3.4 UW 3.8 W

I’m also top quarter of my class with rank 49/235

around what time did the “change major” disappear?

@mantasaur Not sure, but I know that I noticed it around 2 pm today

Is there any hope this is anything but a denial/PSA offer? Or are we sure it is one of those?