TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

are the people who have their request a major button removed the ones that were not given the 3 options???

Just checked this morning and the Change Major option is now gone from AIS alsoā€¦ so gone from Howdy and AIS. Based on comments and past years, just waiting now for the PSA message. :neutral:

Change major gone from AISā€¦ really hoped for better than PSA.

My ā€œchange majorā€ tab has also disappeared from both Howdy and AIS.
As an applicant, Iā€™ve been quietly watching this forum but this is truly disappointing. I have been waiting 7 agonizing months to be offered PSA, something that many people on here consider a ā€œsoft rejectionā€. Is anyone on here familiar with the appeal process at TAMU? It is my dream school and I am beyond devastated.

@aggiehopeful1023 and @Shellie14 SAME, hope it updates at 0730 and this ends one way or the other.

did you both select one of the three options? (engineering at mcallen, galveston, blinn bryan) ?

Anyone know what AIS will look like when you get full admit? Or is it garunteed that Iā€™ll get PSA?

@arkeldi My daughter is not an engineering major, so no we did not have those three options.

pretty sure it says ā€œcongrats, y/n! welcome to the aggie familyā€ or something like that. im not sure about the technical details though but i would assume your major stays the same and everything else does , and you would get 6 tabs in howdy.

@arkeldi you are confused. Those with missing change of Major button did not get an option for those 3 campuses. Try not to look into this for yourself. Your decision status is completely different at this point. In fact Iā€™m not sure any of theses students are engineering majors.

For those with missing change of major button. It definitely appears the PSA notification is coming. Iā€™m assuming they did this early this year to save trip up here for Aggieland Saturday. And as many of us have statedā€¦ there are so many ways to get to cstat campus. One year is a blip. Itā€™s crazy how fast it flies by.

Just to be clear, If your ā€œchange of major buttonā€ is missing, is it safe to say a PSA message will appear? Can anyone explain what exactly PSA is?

So since my major buttons are gone, Iā€™m assuming Iā€™m getting PSA. I really want to hang on to any hope i have left, so is there ANY chance this could be a full admit?

is PSA even worth it if I got into Texas tech business school? I think my button is missing :neutral:

For at least the past three cycles (that is as long I have watched the ā€œClass ofā€ decision threads) nobody has received a full admit after having the ā€œChange Majorā€ buttons be removed from HOWDY.

And this cycle - none of the full admits had the HOWDY change major button remove.

Like @AggieMomhelp said - there are a lot of ways to end up at TAMU if the decision is PSA. And there are also many other quality options all over the state of Texas that are worth a second look.

@gpen0100 PSA is an alternative admission decision where you can attend one of A&Mā€™s system schools & IF you attain 24 credit hrs and a 3.0GPA (engineering requires a 3.25 GPA) with required courses completed/passed you are guaranteed admission into your major (HUGE!) the following Fall semester to College Station. However, NOT all majors participate in PSA prog.
http://admissions.tamu.edu/psa. Read up on all you can on this - for some students itā€™s honestly a great alternate pathway into TAMU.

Any updates in AIS for the people who got the academy option last friday?

I really wished for more than this and had such high hopes. I already paid to go to whooping weekend and thatā€™s nonrefundable. I really donā€™t think PSA would be right for me since Iā€™ll graduate with my associates. Iā€™m just really not looking forward to breaking the news to my parents, who are less than understanding as Iā€™m a first gen

IDK if the ā€œchange majorā€ button posters are Engineeringā€¦I THINK they are non-Engineeringā€¦like our daughter.

I thought PSA was 2 yearsā€¦but, if you take 12 hours / semester, that is one year, correct?

Stonek, you hold your head high and give your parents an opportunity to be understanding and encourage you. You might be surprised in their response. You are college bound and that is an accomplishment worthy of praise!