TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I haven’t gotten a decision either and I applied early action and I am holistic review

@fishfamx4. I know Opportunity Award, Lecher, and CLEN UG DT Scholarships are awarded a couple weeks back. Last week, Brown and Brown supplemental scholarships are added. I think there are more coming … it’s still pretty early.

You can get more info here http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2171560-texas-a-m-scholarship-notice-p1.html

I hope this helps.

Also is it a good sign if I am an Engineering major and the change of major and withdrawal button are still on my AIS and Howdy Portal?

@jumbo7 all engineering majors are “general engineering” engineering their freshman year. Everyone takes the same classes. You apply and compete for your desired major and he spring of your freshman year. PSA students who make the required 3.25 will be admitted to the college of engineering for Thor sophomore year and go through ETAM after the fall or spring semester. We looked at this option two years ago. The better choice imo is to go to one of the engineering academies and transition in. That way you take the TAMU freshman engineering class your first year. It is required for ETAM. You don’t take that class at the System schools. There is a separate thread on that subject.

what happens if you get denied admission to the engineering academy at blinn bryan? since it seems as though they are reviewing to decide who gets in

@arkeldi I guess PSA would be your safety net but not sure if there was any indication of that in the engineering options that went out last Thurs /Fri…whereas the week before when the waitlist options were released there was mention of guaranteed PSA in that offer. Also not all engineering courses participate in PSA. check out @trinley #3232 on this thread about Blinn Brenham engineering academy -you can apply to that directly for admission - it’s not an option decision given out by TAMU application

Well, that’s it. My AIS just updated to PSA. I guess from here is my backup UNT.

UNT is still a great choice!!! best of luck my friend!!@Stonek

@Stonek My advice, for what it’s worth, would be to sit down & reflect over the next few days. Give yourself time just to breathe & process, consider all options and only then begin to formulate a plan going forward. Talk to those whose opinions you value/trust and then let your heart & mind guide you.

PSA here too. That is not what my daughter wanted so she will be going elsewhere.

It does hurt as an Aggie to see my school reject my daughter. She will be the first of our family to go somewhere else but she said from the beginning that PSA would be the one reason she would not attend A&M. Her scores were in line with others here who have been accepted, but she missed the top quarter which we now realize probably killed her chances.

It is eye opening how many other state schools are throwing money at her to get her there but A&M just doesn’t have room for her. We have one more child to go through this with. I do hope getting rid of the top 25% rule will help some of these amazing kids who go to huge top tier high schools get into A&M next year. Good luck to everyone with whatever decisions you make.

Sorry it was not the decision you wanted. I would strongly encourage you to also consider Texas Tech. They are about to open the state’s second vet school. That might be an easier way to your goal to be a vet.

(NOTHING against UNT - that is actually one of my HS junior’s top in state options for her major)

D just got PSA. Heartbreaking.

So after going through the agonizing wait with this group over the past few months I just couldn’t leave it while decisions are still pending. I’ve been praying for all of you, and I log in each morning hoping that many of you are getting the positive news you’ve been waiting on. So, it’s been a very sad day to see the anger, frustration and disappointment on this board. That being said I know all of the students on here are bright, worthy students who are going to be very successful wherever they end up. Keep you heads up, you have a great future ahead of you. One of my children actually attended three different colleges until she finally landed at TTU and happily graduated with a degree and experience that she was very happy with. I think Galveston TAMU might still be open for applicants, and we had a very positive experience touring that facility. I’ve had a niece very happily graduate from CC A&M, and I have known a student both at Commerce and Kingsville who started at those programs expecting to transfer after their freshman year who enjoyed it so much they decided to not transfer and continue on with that location. I really do wish each of you the best of luck, but do remember this is just one phase in your life. It doesn’t diminish your worth or potential. Don’t give up on your dreams and believe that a great future is in front of you. Sorry so long, just really just wish all of you the best!!

Hi guys! I have been following this thread for a few weeks now and thought I’d go ahead and create a account. I was holistic review and applied for Kinesiology. Just like a few others my AIS just updated and I was offered PSA. Yes, this is definitely not what I had wanted or expected, but I will most likely go to Blinn Bryan then do PTA. I know with God no matter what everything will turn out ok. Congratulations and good luck to all those who have heard back or are still waiting to hear back!

So if i didnt Get PSA today, is that a good sign for me to hear something good soon?

who knows man

Thank you to all the sweet souls on here praying for others and wishing nothing but the best. Our son received his PSA a few minutes ago… so disappointing. It’s a tough pill to swallow knowing others stats were lower and got in. However we wish no ill will and nothing but success for everyone who’s dreams are coming true. Time to move on… good luck, thank you and God bless you all!!

Still nothing here…We just told him this past weekend that he needs to decide where he wants to go (admitted to 4 other schools) if A&M doesn’t work out. One of his other schools is Tarleton which is a PSA school. If PSA isn’t offered, could he still transfer after Freshman year? He is graduating with an Associate’s Degree (60+ hours) and is MEEN

just a theory here… could a&m be PSAing qualifies students for more room?

Yup, PSA. Going to deep dive into that offer vs. enrolling into Blinn cc in CS.