TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@Mommmm430
Could I ask for her stats as well? I also applied for health and my secondary is public health!

with 60k+ applications, they have to. if they admitted every single qualified person they wouldnt have any room at all, unfortunately.

We are Aggie parents here too. Long line of Aggie family members, been supporting the school financially and in many other ways for the past 29 years since we graduated. Apparently that means nothing. So much for the Aggie family. I wouldn’t assume missing the top 25% was your downfall. Our D was 16%, tons of AP credits, dual credits, so I can only assume her SAT score just didn’t hold up. Who knows? Second D to go through this nonsense.

I hesitate to post this, but feel it might be worthy information for someone with younger siblings/children. I feel bad this won’t help the students in the class of 2024, but it might help those that have a younger sibling that will want to attend TAMU. Knowing how competitive it is to be accepted to A&M, my friend’s kids took a different route to getting accepted to A&M. He planned for his kids to graduate from HS in the fall of their senior year and apply to A&M for spring admission (the semester after HS fall graduation). It probably took a lot of planning starting their freshman/sophomore HS year to graduate early. I am not sure of their ranks/scores/resume, but I am almost certain the parents knew it would be a hard road to admission in the fall, so they applied/were accepted early. I am not sure of the stats for Spring admission vs. Fall admission, but it might be something to think about for your wanabe young future aggies. (I know this route comes with some drawbacks - no prom, no graduation with classmates, no spring activities, etc.) There are many NCAA football athletes that take this route so they can go through spring ball with the college team. There are some kids that just don’t do well their freshman year in college (unfortunately) or realize they may want to go back home for the spring semester so there are spots to fill at TAMU. Now, I am not sure about room and board, but with some planning, it can work. Again, just a thought.

As others have said, TAMU is not the only university and others are ‘paying’ for you to come enroll. WOW - that is great news and you should be rewarded for all your hard work!

Were any waitlisted kids from the first wave offered PSA today? (non engineer or mays).

Guys I got rejected. I got psa rip

Is this your daughter’s major. It does look like it has a clear PSA path. http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-psa/LA-US-SEL2021.pdf

@KMH2502 nope, no changes for me

O

What does it say in Howdy or AIS to let you know you got PSA?

@Beckyspaw5 You’ve Been Offered the Program for System Admission (PSA)!

It really depends on the major. But for my daughter the answer was a hard No. It was not logical.

But that SEAL major I just looked up for @2NDGENAGGIE sounds really tempting.

Applied July 2019
Offered PSA February 4th 2020
Major change button was still up Friday night, but was gone this morning.
Offer came in sometime after 11 am.
Class rank 82/701 —> Top 11/12%
SAT 1140 taken 3 times and got the same score! 570 math 570 reading
Many AP classes, NHS, varsity sports all 4 years, mild amount of service hours. Full time job junior and senior year.
Not mad about the PSA offer as I still get the chance to be an Aggie and living on the beach for a year at TAMUCC is a big positive coming out of this. Feels good to not be stressing anymore waiting to hear back!

I see a lot of people turning PSA into a negative but for a lot of us who want to be an aggie, but for instance like me didn’t have a great SAT score that kept them from getting full admission, PSA is a considerably generous option that most schools don’t offer. Besides you’ll still get 3 full years in Aggie land and at the same time get 2 college experiences!

Where do I see what psa system schools offered me?

@Beckyspaw5 it says “You’ve been offered Program for System Admission (PSA)!” In bold maroon letters that are highlighted in yellow.

Thank you @trinley and @Hope2Baggie.

@2NDGENAGGIE when comparing the two options (junior college or PSA) pay close attention to the individual course work sheet for your major. You will need 30 hours and a cumulative 3.2 for almost all majors if you go the juco route. Also, the courses in bold must have a grade of “B” or better for juco. PSA requires 24 hours, 3.0 gpa and in many cases you can get a “C” in a bolded class. Also, if you have AP credit for a class that is bolded, you will need to take that class even though you received AP credit. dual credit can be used for the bolded classes.

@patrick24 hit the “next steps” button

@trinley
It’s just says to decline or request participation

yes, @trinley 
our daughter worked VERY HARD to gain Freshman admittance to CS. Not to sound bitter, but, did you look at your letter’s subject: Freshman Deny, it is more than heartbreaking. She’ll move on to become a 2024 TAMU Grad. If you want MY opinion about PSA, it’s “guaranteed” b/c TAMU knows all they admit will flunk out by end of Freshman year, so, opens up spots for Sophomores.