TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

My change of major button is still active on Howdy, but I’m confused when people are talking about the “tabs on Howdy.” Where are these tabs?

I just wanted to say “Thanks” to all of you that have shared info on this page - It’s been a big help in navigating the process!

I’m a political science major that received PSA yesterday. Does anyone have any input as to which system school is generally preferred?

Question- So my daughter received PSA a few days ago but we are going to do the direct transfer route. She is majoring in Bioenvironmental Science and will be living in CS taking her classes at Blinn. I was wondering though, can she complete the recommended courses for Environmental Studies major and transfer into TAMU and then change her major once accepted to Bioenvironmental science?

The reason I’m asking is because the recommended courses for Environmental science are all one semester long courses (there’s like 3 recommended ones and then of course she has her dual credits to go with those) where as for Bioenvironmental major she would have to take 2 semesters worth of courses like Chem 1 & chem 2. This way she could take al the courses she needs this summer and then apply for spring transfer and if accepted to Tamu will start in spring. The courses she needs for both environmental studies and Bioenvironmental science are the exact same, only difference is that she would take one semester of Chemistry which she could easily take after she transfers over to TAMU Or even take during the fall semester while waiting to transfer in the spring. Is this something that we could do?

Edited to add that we know she will still need 24 hours and she will have over 24 hours with her dual credits and the of course the recommended courses and maybe an extra course or two.

for anyone keeping a timeline, someone got accepted into gateway today. 6 tabs as well as the ais message

@kreed23 depending on the plan you are following but she will likely need 12 hours of post HS graduation hours regardless of dual credit. Read all the fine print on that transfer plan and follow it to a tee ?

@AggieMomhelp thank you! I have alot of work to do!

@maddiegurley. so you got the 3 option and you choose just teams?

No. I am on the waitlist and am being considered for TEAM. That’s what AIS says. I still have the change of major option on Howdy. But 5 tabs on Howdy when I first log in, not 6, so I was wondering if that’s a sign or if anyone knows when I’ll actually get an admission decision

@texangurl21

sorry i’m trying to understand. you were waitlisted for normal blinn team right(not engineering)? as in, you got the options to go on the waitlist for full admit only, team only, or both?

where are these tabs that you’re looking at? is it on the top left when you click the three lines? ive never heard of 5 tabs

@texangurl21 When I originally saw Blinn TEAM on AIS it said I had three options. Blinn Team, waitlist or both. I assumed I had gotten an offer for Team so I chose the both option, and then AIS told me I was on the wailtlist and was being “considered for Blinn Team”

@texangurl21 Yes, non-engineering. The tabs I’m talking about is when I log into Howdy there is 5 boxes to click on. One said Library and Another says Class search.

@maddiegurley those arent the correct tabs. the “6 tabs” appear when you click on the three lines at the top left corner of the screen (mobile). they are: home, applicant, and my howdy.

@mantasaur Oh okay I see. Thanks for the info! I see some people saying that getting 6 tabs is a sign of getting accepted. Do you know if that has any truth to it?

@maddiegurley furthermore, when you are accepted the 6 Tabs will be…Home/Myrecord/MyFinances/StudentLife/MyHowdy

@maddiegurley yes. 6 tabs will mean acceptance for full/gateway and blinn team iirc

@AggieDreamin @mantasaur So if I only have three tabs does that mean I will be getting psa? I thought my stats would surely get me into Blinn TEAM but now I’m a little worried

@maddiegurley honestly no one really knows and this year has thrown many for a loop. With regard to PSA, the only real indication has been if you lose your change of major button. That generally points to PSA.

@maddiegurley 3 tabs usually means no decision has been made. if you see the “change major” button disappear under the “manage applications” section as well as in ais, then you’ll be getting psa. but you’re on the waitlist so don’t worry for now.