TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

My son was offered PSA back in 2016 and he chose to attend Blinn in Bryan instead. He successfully transferred in after one year at Blinn. For him, this was the fastest route into A&M, but there were no guarantees. He really studied hard and got a 4.0 at Blinn. A lot of this depends on your major of choice. He was an Ag major. He graduated a semester early this past December!

https://www.aggienetwork.com/ring/eligibility/

@2NDGENAGGIE - Thank you!

Iā€™ll break down the aggie ring:
90 total college credits
45 of them must be at TAMU

These are all completed hours, not in progress.

Make sense? Nothing to do with ECsā€¦

Thank you, Yes. So does Blinn hours (TAMU Offered Academy for Enginnering TEAMB?) will that count too? Or does it have to be Texas AM class hours only?

Hey yā€™all,
Iā€™m wondering if anyone has heard from TAMU yet? I applied for College of Engineering and am waiting. I was told any day now.

What other schools have other people said on this forum are very similar to TAMU?

@Mommmm430 I have had people tell me that OSU has a similar feel to TAMU but cannot speak from experience.

Is LSU or Purdue the other ones that have the same feel as TAMU?

@Mommmm430 They often call Auburn the Little A&M. Great campus, super friendly folks, amazing traditions. Great education.

Can anyone give me an idea of where you think we are in the process?

No Waitlist invitation
No PSA invitation
Both buttons (change major, etcā€¦) still on AIS and Howdy
1st Major still has Mays (I knowā€¦I knowā€¦)
2nd Major still has Agribusiness
Truly, no changes since day 1 when the info showed up on AIS.

Are we destined for PSAā€¦but are just having to sit and wait until all the other admission decisions have been finished?

Is there still a chance for Blinn-Team? Gateway?

With all of the other clues as to what is going to happen (i.e. ā€œchange of majorā€ disappears = PSA) what is left for those of us that has shown no clues?

@AgDadā€™92 I believe there is another hint, when you have 6 tabs in Howdy. Also a hint for gateway would be the term changing to summer 2020 and I believe a major change to general studies? Other than those clues there really is no telling until something in your app changes.

unfortunately it still may be a while for any changes to appear for people who havent had any decisions or waitlist offers yet. ive seen decisions come in during march so who knows when things will happen

In years past, have Blinn-Team and Gateway offers been around this late in the game?

@ag dad ā€˜92 , yes, i remember seeing a blinn team offer in march. you can look through the last pages of last years thread and people have reported getting decisions even then

Ive posted this a couple weeks ago. Itā€™s last yearā€™s decision timeline.

2019 - Class of 2023
1/15 full admit decisions for engineering - both already admitted auto/academic and review candidates
1/23 full admit decisions for engineering - both already admitted auto/academic and review candidates
1/28 - Engineering academy offers
1/30 - Wave of review candidates to majors other than engineering
2/8 -Review candidates (would NOT call a wave) to majors other than engineering/College Station and academy engineering offers
2/14 Blinn TEAM
2/20 Blinn Team/Engineering Academies
2/26 - PSA
2/28 - Gateway
3/2 - PSA
and the PSAs continued through mid-March.

Noā€¦ only hours taken on TAMU campus count towards the ring. But all they need is 45 at tAMUā€¦ thatā€™s 3 full 15 hour semesters. If they are on team, theyā€™ll have 12 their first year, 30 the next etc. so no issues whatsoever. My daughter did 3 semesters away before coming to TAMU. Got her ring on schedule.

Oklahoma State (OSU) is amazing and very much a solid feel of tamu. While I love TAMU and graduated from here in 93 and lived here ever since, I wish my daughter would have stayed longer than a year thereā€¦ but she wanted to be back in Texas. It was quite the drive for us. However, for anyone in Dallas area, itā€™s not too bad. Definitely check it out. The campus is gorgeous. The sports are fantastic. Advising was way better than what weā€™ve seen at Tamu. And itā€™s smaller. Soā€¦

Oh, also UofA is a great feel like TAMU and OSU.

Question on acceptance rate. I see everywhere that A&M has an acceptance rate of 60-67%, however Admission said they had close to 50k freshman applicants and looking for a class size of 10k which isnā€™t too far off of last years numbers. That would be a 20% acceptance rate. What am I missing?

ā€“We are non-engineering wait listed since 1/24 in the first wave with change major button still active. (hoping for at least Blinn Team)

@SECDad335 auto admits (top 10%) and academic admits make up for the majority of admitted students. everyone else is review and alternate pathway

edit: just reread and now iā€™m confused as well. iā€™m not sure how that is