TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I only received one email after done housing contract , did not get the $75 receipt email, I did take a picture of payment successful page . And get the Phase II time.
will it be a problem.

So happy for all of you guys. Even though y’all knew you were in, it’s still great to have the official notice.

As for housing
 every year we see parents and students panic about signing up/time slots etc. please take what I’m about to say with how I mean it. Do NOT stress. You won’t get your housing time to actually select an open room/dorm until April or May. So do not worry about it now. Pay the deposit the day you are accepted and you’ll get a decent time slot. Whether you are accepted today or 4 months from now. As long as you apply within the first few days, you’ll get a good time slot. It’s not based on date accepted. It’s based on housing application date after acceptance. So holistic review students have the same chance at getting the same time slot as an auto admit. Speaking from experience. If that’s changed, I’ll report it back here.

@AggieMomhelp If we don’t choose until April or May, what does the phase II time mean?

My daughter’s AIS updated to admitted too! I know the tabs updated before this, but this is definitely good news.

Am I doing something wrong on this proxy form for housing? I didn’t think I could physically fill anything in, but when my mom opened the link she had some sort of error that said her info was wrong or access had expired or something

And can I still room with people that haven’t been accepted yet if I fill out the housing thing now?

Does anyone know what happens if one applies to Engineer school, is accepted into TAMU, but is not accepted to Engineer school after the holistic review? He/she will be a no-major student at TAMU?

This is very confusing.

@mcbarry02 phase 2 is new this year but in years past we completed the whole thing at one time. You’re going to put in dorm preferences and fill out roommate finder which will allow you to hook up with either random person or your friend(s).

Then in April or May they give you a time slot to select actual room. Then you log on at that time and it’s a frenzy.

@AggieMomhelp applied and paid my deposit
and received the email confirming it, but am not seeing where I get the timeslot for housing in April/May? Does that come via a different email?

What if a friend I want to room with hasn’t been accepted when my Phase II opens?

@lmm130 doesn’t matter. You aren’t selecting a roommate in phase 2. You are putting in preferences and a profile. Later in the spring you can link to a friend or a roommate Match person.

@kellijo you won’t know when your time is until April or May.

I know this is all new to most of you, but try to remember that many students don’t find out about acceptance until after the first of the year. Don’t overthink the housing thing. It all works out. Pinky promise.

@AggieMomhelp we just always need something to stress about

@lmm130 I know right? I’m the same way. Don’t worry, Something else will come up to worry about. ?

My son has been admitted! now we wait for Engineering!!!

@xiaobaomama2020 , I sent you a private message

Hi! I was admitted yesterday as well and was wondering how to see whether or not I am in Mays? Is it just indicated by your major?

@xiaobaomama yes!!! this is my concern too!!! are there a lot of engineering students accepted to TAMU that don’t get into engineering??!!! ugh!! @TXRunningMom please message me too!!

@nishtapatel
The Acceptance letter has the college and major. You can access it either linked directly on the AIS Status page, or AIS My Communications > My Letters. It will say you have been admitted into the college. Congrats!!

if you go into howdy and click on “unofficial transcript” it will show major as well.

@nishtapatel you can also see it on AIS at the bottom of screen. It’ll list major. And on howdy under manage applications. If it’s business, you’re in Mays.