TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

For those who have been offered PSA - after you accept, what happens from there? Do we hear separately from the other college or will we continue to be updated through AIS?

@mantasaur For those being considered for Blinn TEAM

After you accept and select a PSA school, generally you will be updated/notified through email you provided in the TAMU application. Note: each system school will have its own requirements - in addition to the TAMU CS - so you need to check their website and emails to be sure what & when they requested them.

For example, for Tarleton State, here are the quotes from their website:

"Students eligible for the PSA will be notified by Texas A&M University - College Station and directed to the Applicant Information System (AIS). Students must respond appropriately.

Once Tarleton State University receives the application, transcripts and scores from Texas A&M - College Station, it will take 5-10 business days to process the PSA file depending on the volume received. Please check your email that you provided to Texas A&M on your original application for admission as this will be the email that Tarleton will use for communication."

https://www.tarleton.edu/admissions/undergrads/psa.html

I would recommend that you go to the selected PSA school website and get the details info.

Bottom line: I would check BOTH places in case they requested additional info through AIS.

I emailed the admissions team for TAMU and they said business school is full for fall semester. I think Agri should be fine.

On Txags, TAMUAdmissions said they were about 95% through Freshman Admissions.

Wow!!! I wonder if they consider “being 95% through” includes giving answers to the waitlisted people.

@Ag Dad '92 - I feel your frustration. We changed our major last week since Mays is full and thought it might prompt some sort of communication from the school. But we have not heard a thing.
I was reading through TexAgs as well today and the person who got the Blinn Team offer had another post where they stated that their daughter selcted Blinn Team only. It appears that was a faster way to get a decision, even though that is not what they told us when we call admissions.

You can accept the scholarship without committing to TAMU. If your kid decides to go to Texas State, they obviously, he won’t get the TAMU scholarship. My daughter accepted hers and she hasn’t committed.

Point being, why wait for a deadline to accept?

wow it’s been relatively quiet this week. still no updates here from me (non-eng waitlist). not sure what the 95% thing admissions said makes up

@mantasaur same for my DS (holistic review for Kinesiology). He still is under review; has “Change major” button in both AIS and Manage applications; and location is College Station. SO very different for our DD who is a Sophomore Aggie @CS and was accepted as holistic review (LA:SEAL) in mid-December 2018. Patiently optimistic since they seem to have had a record number of applicants this year

@TexasMTDad The problem is the Regents’ Scholarship has freshman requirements. They have not fully explained some of those requirements. He is uncertain if he wants to accept this scholarship depending upon the requirements and depending upon any outside scholarships he may receive. If he accepts the Regents’ Scholarship now is he bound to that decision if he commits to A&M? Or can he decide later that he doesn’t want it after all? This is our first kid, neither of us went to college, and we homeschool, so we have no experience or help on the college process.

@Happymom2020. You can email to scholarships@tamu.edu and ask them directly.

@mantasaur @AMM1989 Same for my DD (Biology waitlist/TEAM). We are visiting his 2nd choice school again tomorrow, but after our Aggieland Saturday visit, he is really hoping for TAMU or TEAM. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day we hear something.

Any other outcome besides PSA after “change of major” disappears?

@ATTX My son emailed them about 4 days ago to ask if there is a deadline to accept a scholarship offer and they have yet to respond. We didn’t know that a deadline to accept a scholarship was even a thing until we saw it in information from Texas State University. Just wondering if anyone knew if A&M has a deadline to accept a scholarship like Texas State. I didn’t see anything mentioning a deadline to accept a scholarship anywhere online, in Howdy, the financial aid portal or the offer they sent in the mail.

So, if true, the most outstanding, untouched applications is 2,450 (that is if the 49,000 applications number is correct).

Based on the non scientific feedback on the board - I think there are more than 2,450 waitlisted and unknowns combined.

Not that I know of in the past two years. It has been the clear signal that PSA is on the way.

Has there been a change today?

So I found the reply from financial aid hiding in his spam folder for some reason. Every other email from them has come to his inbox so that was kind of weird. Just so everyone knows it said, “Students have until May 1st to accept their financial aid offer(s). However, we encourage all students to simply accept their grants & scholarships ahead of time, as doing so does not commit you to attend Texas A&M University. You may accept the awards now, and they will simply be canceled later should you decide to attend another institution.”

That is odd. I have emailed them 3 times and always got the same day reply if not within hours. I did ask about deadline to accept scholarships and whether accepting will bind to acceptance (I did not ask about any particular scholarship) and here is their reply “You can click Begin Processing to accept your awards, it is not a commitment to Texas A&M. You have until May 1, 2020 to accept your awards.”

I hope this helps.

Yes
Change of Major disappeared on Howdy’s Manage Application. Still on AIS.

I’m just glad that we can start moving on from the wait. Time to focus on Junior College and PTA or Straight Transfer !