TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

What do they do with the spots of auto admits that are not going to attend?

@SECDad335 So Blinn Team is not full yet, correct?

We were looking to get the ball rolling with the ApplyTX application for Blinn ā€“ I am not holding out huge hopes that heā€™s going to come off the wait list with anything other than a PSA. I know we canā€™t do anything about PTA until after HS.

ApplyTX wants us to select a campus. Both have his degree, so I didnā€™t know if there was a preference between the two campuses. Is one ā€œbetterā€ than the other?

@TCUFrog96 most people want to be in Bryan which is basically College Station.

Engineering 1/31 review, chose Blinn. My sonā€™s AIS is still reading the same. Sometime today, the Howdy ā€œmanage applicationā€ now shows that his major is TEAB and program is BAC-TEAM-EB. I hope this is a good sign that heā€™s going to finally be accepted into Blinn. (No 6 tabs, yet).

Blinn RELLIS is the newest campus, also in Bryan along with Blinn Bryan. I havenā€™t visited either, and maybe some other posting folks can give you the compare/contrast. There should be bus service to both, although I am not sure which is closest to TAMU main campus, for example.

Sonā€™s manage application changed to TEAM sometime this afternoon!!! Construction Science majorā€¦no change in AIS yet.
Was Waitlist/Blinn TEAM since 1/23

OMG! my major changed to TEAM AS WELL!! non-eng!!

sorry im in shock and i couldnt type well. animal science / wildlife and fisheries major, was part of the 1/24 waitlist/team wave and this morning my ā€œmanage applicationsā€ just had major: ANSC but my major now says TEAM and BAC-TEAM for the program!!!

Ok wait, my sons says: Status: under review, Level: Undergraduate Major: TEAM Program: BAC-TEAM Location: College Station

Does this mean he is just being considered?

sorry but what does it mean when your major changes but no change in AIS?

My daughterā€™s ā€œManage Applicationsā€ wording changed this afternoon as well to Major: TEAM Program: BAC-TEAM Location: College Station. No change in AIS, and she still has only 3 tabs. I hope this is a good sign for all who are seeing this change today! (She was waitlisted for CS and was being considered for TEAM as of 1/24.)

Also, for the record, I have no idea why my screen name is now ā€œTXThinkerā€ as I did not change my name or create a different account. I used to be ā€œfinsupā€ on hereā€¦

i hope the change to TEAM means something good :frowning: i also still have 3 tabs, not six.

Praying it just needs time to update! I believe Iā€™ve read that for others it updated anywhere from 6-24hrs??

My DS was waitlist/being considered to TEAM Biology major and noticed a late afternoon change like the others mentioned above in Manage Applications to Major: TEAM Program: BAC-TEAM Location: College Station. Still have 3 tabs and no change yet in AIS. Hoping this is a good sign!!!

Can any majors get blinn team ?? Mine is molecular and cell biology and Iā€™m on waitlist

My DD is an engineering applicant who was given the three choices on 1/31 and her Major and Program both changed under her ā€œManage your Applicationā€ page to say TEAB and BAC-TEAM-EB, whatever all of that means. Three tabs still. Hoping itā€™s something positive and an end to this long wait!

Tabs should change around 7:00am Tomorrow. Congrats you guys. Definitely on Team.

Welcome to Aggieland.

Rellis is new and is one direction from tamu towards Austin. Blinn Bryan is almost downtown Bryan. Both are close and no matter where you live, youā€™ll be fine.

Blinn Bryan is more of a junior college campus with a bookstore, library and buildings all together.

Rellis is bright and shiny but only maybe one or 2 buildings for classes and then a couple of others farther away (like you can see them but they are far). Those are more office buildings for TTI and research. It is not a college campus feel at all. Too big of space and not many buildings so feels empty. This will change over the next few years but for now. Also Rellis is next to nothing. They will have a food truck that comes out there around noon on most days. Thatā€™s it. No place to eatā€¦ at all. Again, this could change by the fall. A question one should ask.

Blinn Bryan is next to a lot. Everything in college station/Bryan is no more than 20 minutes away tops. With traffic.

Hope this helps. My child would choose Bryan but actually works on rellis campus for TTI.

So I got my major changed to TEAM as well, still only 3 tabs. My application still says under review. hopefully that means blinn team but a friend of mine got it a few weeks ago and hers didnā€™t say under review any more when she got it. Fingers crossed but donā€™t want to get my hopes up yet

My daughterā€™s Manage Applications also updated to TEAM!!! She was on the waitlist for both full admission and TEAM since 1/24. I am in shock!!! We are here in College Station right now looking for off-campus housing because I thought there would be such a slim chance of her getting in. She hasnā€™t checked her AIS in weeks because she knows that I check it. LOL. So now Iā€™m going to wait until her AIS updates with Congratulations before I invite her to see the computer screen. Also, just in case it takes longer than expected to update.