TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I’ve never posted but I’ve been watching. My daughter is the same as many of you. Her major changed to Blinn TEAM in AIS and Howdy. Still says under review but she has 6 tags. But the biggest tell was that she could apply for housing this morning! I wouldn’t have known to go look if it wasn’t for you all. Thanks!

Stay upbeat. We were wait listed 1/24 and looks like several of these were 1/24 wait list. Those wait listed after that could see changes later in the month or next month.

I’ve been watching this thread for several months and have actually read all the comments. Extremely thankful of everyone for sharing their knowledge, insights, predictions, etc.

Thought I would add to the data set since my daughter’s Howdy and AIS changed to show Blinn Team (+ 6 tabs in Howdy).

When did you apply: Late October 2019
Class Rank: top 20%
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1290
ACT (with Sub Scores): n/a
When did you receive your admission decision: waitlist/blinn team option 1/24, change in ais/howdy to blinn team 2/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: review
Major/College of Choice: political science

Does anyone know if you can successfully apply for housing on line once you have the 6 tabs BUT you don’t have the official “Congrats” on your page yet?I’ve been looking all around and can’t seem to be able to log in to the housing portal yet. Do I have to wait till it’s 100% official???

Where can we do that? I see the six tabs but I didn’t know we could apply for housing until registering for the NSC? I would love to make a desposit somewhere and make this official to get the ball rolling!

i signed into the housing portal just fine even though my ais hasn’t updated

Congratulations to all of the students finding out they have been accepted to Blinn TEAM! I remember how excited our family was a couple of years ago when this offer was extended to my son.

My son is a sophomore on BLinn TEAM and will he transition to A&M full time in the Fall. It’s has been a fantastic experience for him and it truly is an incredible program. The classes at Blinn are smaller and more intimate and so far my son has had great professors at Blinn. He lived on campus his first year and met many friends in his dorm. He participates in all A&M has to offer and is an A&M student through and through.

It really is the best of both worlds and is less expensive so that’s a bonus for the parents for

Again congratulations! You are in! Keep a look out for that all important Aggie banner in the mail and have fun at your NSC.

Feel free to PM me with any questions and Gig’em!

One of the tabs is Student Life. You can choose Housing. Then click On Campus Housing. You will see an option to Apply for Residence Hall Housing.

Each time I try to log into the housing portal it says I am not logged in and to return to the university log in page and log in.

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU! I got 6 tabs this morning as well and I’m so excited!!! I’m keeping it to myself until my AIS updates lol!

@YankeeTexan33 YES! We just completed phase 1 of the housing agreement and paid $75! We also received 6 tabs just this morning, but no “congratulations” yet!

How long does it take to get the congratulations after we get the 6 tabs?

I just called the housing office and it seems that our DD’s UIN hasn’t migrated over to the housing side yet, so we’ll have to keep trying throughout the day.

Congratulations to all the people getting six tabs/ Blinn TEAM this morning. Very excited that your wait is finally over!

Update:

1. Homeschooled
  2. ACT 26
  3. 37 Dual Credit hours
  4. 1st Quarter ranking, 3.96 Unweighted GPA
  5. 351+ Volunteer hours
  6. Competitive Dancer
  7. Part time job
  8. Lots of EC’s
  9. Political Science

1/24/2020 Waitlisted
2/18/2020 Manage app changed to: Major: Team/Program: BAC-TEAM/Location: College Station yesterday at approx 6pm
2/19/2020 Approx 7am the famous SIX tabs appeared and AIS updated

Now…just waiting on the official Congratulations!

Thank you for the support…And good luck to the those that are still waiting. I promise that whatever God has in store for you will come to pass.

I just got off the phone with Admissions Counselor. Even though my son got the 6 tabs this AM like others after signing up for TEAB program on 1/31, according to Admissions office, he is still not in and the notification was to inform us that he is now under review!? I am hoping that the info just hasn’t trickled down officially yet??? This process sucks! As a TAMU engineering grad, the Eng College has really cr@pped the bed on this process.

I am hoping their systems just haven’t matched up, but can’t go through another process like we did on 1/31 thinking that we were in to the TEAB program.

JUST.
CAN’T.
HANDLE.
IT!

Gonna start day drinking!

We have TCU season tickets too (my alma mater). Looks like we may have to adjust our football plans if DS makes the TX Fightin’ Aggie Band!

im pretty sure that we are in, but thats what they’re supposed to tell us. why would they let us look at meal plans, housing applications, parking permits etc if we were only in “review”? and our change major on ais is gone as well

also other waitlisted people havent had this change happen to them

Not surprised if this is true. I gave up on TAMU Admissions a long time ago.

Please know, Rellis is NOT a PSA option. Rellis is a “partner” of TAMU & Blinn. Our daughter received PSA offer. She is going to complete requirements for PTA. We met with a TAMU Admissions Counselor last week in CS. I created a 5-page spreadsheet with requirements & questions. The Counselor was VERY helpful, and spent more than our allotted 30 minutes. We toured Blinn campus, and signed Housing Lease (our daughter found 3 other roommates for …one Gateway, one TEAM & one PTA). They are ALL VERY excited to be class of 2024!!