TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Every time I log into my housing portal it says i have to log in through the university and my sessions is timed out.

So if and when AIS displays a congratulatory message, how does a student accept the offer? … by completing Phase One of the housing application and paying the housing deposit?

by registering for NSC

@WTXMama they accept admission by registering for NSC and paying the $225 fee

My daughter was waitlisted on 1/27, no updates as of yet. Anyone else waitlisted on 1/27 that hasn’t changed? (non-engineering)

My son is on the waitlist only route & has had no updates/changes yet (non engineering).

How do I see my son’s waitlist date?
He is waitlist only–and we have had no updates.

@Aggiegirl94 I just happened to remember what day it was she got the news on AIS, not sure if there is a way to actually see it. Actually your son would have gotten an email I think the day he was waitlisted.

When did you apply: August 1
Class Rank: top 29%
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1400
ACT (with Sub Scores): n/a
When did you receive your admission decision: waitlist/blinn team option 1/31, change in howdy to blinn team 2/19, no ais change yet
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: review
Major/College of Choice: Engineering, changed to TEAM-EB

Six tabs this morning.

AIS just updated with “Congratulations, xxxx! You’ve been admitted to Texas A&M-Blinn TEAM!

Her stats:
Applied November 5
Review Admit
Waitlisted 1/24/2020
Received acceptance 2/19/2020 Blinn TEAM
1st choice Nutrition, 2nd choice Health

SAT 1230
Reading/Writing-640, Math-590
GPA 4.2
Private, non-ranking school in Texas, assigned 1st quarter by TAMU.

Over 300 volunteer hours, 2 Gold President’s Volunteer Service Awards - one from Obama, one from Trump.
Several other philanthropy awards. Also received awards at local and regional Science and Engineering Fairs three different years - Best in Fair, 1st place in category, etc. Mentored middle school kids with their Science Fair projects.

5 AP classes (Human Geography, Biology, Physics 1, Calculus AB, 2-D Art & Design)

Part time job with team leader responsibilities Junior and Senior year.

NCL, NHS, Spanish Club, Culture Club, Pre-Med Club, several other clubs at school, JV Volleyball 2 years.

3 strong letters of recommendation (I know they supposedly only read 2)

Congrats to those who received good news today, and best of luck to those still waiting!

When did you apply: July ?
Class Rank: top 24%
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1310
ACT (with Sub Scores): 26
When did you receive your admission decision: waitlist/blinn team option 1/24 change in howdy to blinn team 2/19,
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: review
Major/College of Choice: Health/Education
Lots of volunteer hours and played Baseball 3yrs

Six tabs this morning.
Just received Congratulations on AIS

This is my first time posting, but I’ve been reading this forum for months. It has been very helpful and informative. I am in the same boat as all the parents in the emotional roller coaster of this admissions process. Relieved that we finally have a decision from TAMU. Now the research into deciding 100% this is our choice. My son is accepted to TTU and we have him signed up for a dorm. But I feel his first choice is TAMU. We all loved TTU, the campus and it’s speed of acceptance and some scholarship. So need to really think through decision.

I know that Blinn TEAM has a lot of benefits, many I’ve learned on this forum.

Any suggestions or other forums I should look into on CC, to learn next steps and what is the best dorm to stay at as a TEAM student?

Congratulations to all the others who received the 6tabs and Congratulations on AIS.

Good luck to those still in the holding pattern ??

Tuition question: My son (non-engineering) also got the Blinn TEAM offer today with the other waitlisted folks. AIS just changed also to Congratulations. Just checked Financial Aid and the letter was also ready. It showed the tuition amount as less than the stated OOS tuition on the TAMU website of $39,072, but not as low as in-state tuition (https://financialaid.tamu.edu/Undergraduate/Cost-of-Attendance#0-CollegeStationUndergraduate ).

Is our tuition less because of being a part of TEAM, or did we receive some kind of OOS tuition reduction? Obviously we will contact TAMU directly for clarification, but maybe those familiar with TEAM would know if there is usually a TEAM tuition reduction.

Thanks! And congrats to all admitted today!!!

So I guess the AIS portal is updating people in non-engineering then

@aschultz You will pay 2 separate tuition amounts, one for hours taken at A&M and one for hours taken at Blinn. So I believe the amount you are seeing only includes the A&M portion. The total amount will however be less because of the lower tuition rate at Blinn!

Dude… I promise he is in. Do not listen to the admissions office. They will not confirm anything until it updates officially on AIS and Howdy. It’s their patent answer. He is not in review. He is in. 6 tabs… you are i (TEAM or Full)…

Any engineering applicants that have not had any change in Howdy or AIS? Daughter applied Dec. 1 and she is still showing under review. Absolutely no other changes.

Yes, mine is still also. Applied end of October. Still in review, has major change button, no changes yet. ?‍♀️

@ang2297 Were you offered the 3 options on 1/30 or 1/31? A lot of those offers came in today and the Howdy status changed and we were granted 6 tabs. CSTAT for Engineering is believed to be full so if you did not get an update, a PSA could be in the horizon.

@“Anhphung1%” Was not offered the 3 options.

when does the ais typically update after receiving 6 tabs?