TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

A day or two but sometimes it’s been even longer. Don’t fret though, it’ll update.

Just noticed 6 tabs in Howdy and it is now showing under review for Engineering Academy at Blinn College-Bryan program. OOS :frowning:

same for me… still no changes and I also applied regular decision for engineering

Daughter finally got the “Congratulations” on her AIS around 11:00 am today. We had a small surprise breakfast for her this morning to tell her she got in via Blinn Team, even thought the congratulations notice wasn’t yet there. We knew the 6 tabs was the golden ticket, along with the change of major to TEAM. She was so happy she cried! So did I! This Aggie mama couldn’t be happier! All of my girls are 4th generation Aggies! This is a confirmation for us that this is where the Lord wants her, since it was all in His hands to begin with. He has graciously given her this opportunity and we are thankful.

Applied: July 30
Class Rank: top 25% (home schooled, so rank given by TAMU)
SAT: 1300
Over 600 hours of community service
ECs: Varsity volleyball, student council, 4-H
Leadership: Volleyball captain 2 years, Student council, 4-H
Honors: Honor societies, Volleyball all-stars 2 years, etc

Waitlist for full admit/TEAM: 1/24
Manage applications major changed to TEAM: 2/18
6 tabs in Howdy and AIS major changed to TEAM: 2/19 7:30 am or so…
Congratulations, Kendall! message on AIS: 2/19 11 am or so…

I also wanted to let y’all know that my daughter’s friend had been given the three engineering options on or around Feb. 7th. She chose Blinn-Bryan Engineering and today she also had a change of major to TEAB. I asked her mom if she had 6 tabs and she said yes! (I had to tell her all about the magical 6 tabs… LOL!)

And I just heard of another engineering “waitlisted” applicant who got TEAB!

So it seems as though some of the “waitlisted” engineering applicants are also starting to receive notification of acceptance… Whoop!

I was waitlisted on 01/24 and got Blinn-TEAM today! I saw the 6 tabs and new something was up. I couldn’t be more excited! Now I need to choose between TAMU or Alabama. Good luck to those who are still waiting!!

what major did you declare? @tamuletmein and @AgMom94

N/A

@MommaReed6 My daughter had applied for Wildlife & Fisheries, although with TEAM she will be general studies.

My son was offered PSA today. He plans to major in Business. Am I correct in understanding Business majors are not an option via the PSA program? His second choice is Sports Management.

This is a question for those of you TAMU Engineering majors.
My DS received the offer for Pathway on 01/31/20 with the choices of Galveston, McAllen and Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan.
He chose EA Blinn-Bryan that night and his AIS status still shows "you are being considered for the Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan.
Checked his HOWDY page and it shows the 6 tabs: Home, Applicant, My Record, My Finance, Student Life, My Howdy.
Question #1: Are these the 6 magical tabs that everyone is referring to?
On the very top of his AIS, his major shows “Engineering Academy at Blinn” and Degree shows “BAC”. The location shows “College Station”.
Question #2: Does anyone know what BAC stands for?
If I recall, his degree was previously shown as BS.
At the bottom of AIS, the button for “change major” disappeared and the “Majors” box choice 1 shows “Engineering” for College and “Engineering Academy at Blinn” as the Major, with “BAC” shown as the Degree.
Previously, his Choice 1 Major showed “Mechanical Engineering”.
Right below this box, it says “Note: Your major may change as a normal part of the admissions review process”.
Anyone in the same boat, waiting for Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan acceptance?

I’m pretty sure that “BAC” means Bachelor’s. The direct apply academies are “NDS”, non-degree seeking.

@joonha0806 That’s pretty much exactly what my DD has seen. She’s in the exact same boat. I know a lot of the waitlisted people (Non-engineering) from 1/24 who got 6 tabs today actually saw a “congrats” on their portal today, but I don’t believe any of the engineering waitlisted students saw that today. But you are correct in that those are the magical 6 tabs that you are seeing. I’m hoping that the engineering students who got the 6 tabs today will see a congrats tomorrow. Whoop! Congrats to your DS!!!

Has anyone on only the waitlist had an answer yet?

I’m still being “considered for TEAM” and no change on Howdy :confused: Anyone know if they’re going to sent out more acceptances for blinn team or are they done?

@mommareed6 I chose public health as my first choice and biology as my second. But if I participate in Blinn-TEAM, I will be general studies until I fully transfer to my major. @maddiegurley I’d bet they are still sending out blinn-team offers. However, from what I understood from the admissions counselor I talked to, they will be sending out offers on a rolling basis until enough people commit that they don’t need to pull anymore off of the waitlist. I was so surprised that I heard back today. My best friend’s boyfriend got into the Naval Academy and some of my other friends got into their top schools. I just decided I would look at Howdy for the first time in a week or so and the magical 6 tabs were there! Good luck everyone! Good things come to those who wait :slight_smile:

@YankeeTexan33 First of all, congrats and good luck to your DD. I am really hoping to see a congrats status tomorrow. I will be checking the AIS all night! When people mention “waitlist”, does this mean “you are being considered”? Or is there a specific status that says “waitlist”? I also tried to go into “on-campus housing” to try and get a head start but it would not let me log in. Have you tried anything for “on-campus housing”? It’s a big relief to hear from someone in the exact same situation but still super anxious. Saw some posts saying that if the button to change major has disappeared, it usually means PSA (Program for System Admission) where you have to attend a different campus for one year? This will be a bummer for my DS. Do you know if this is also somewhat true for Engineering students and Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan candidates still under consideration?

Still waiting here too. Wondering what’s up. Just wish we’d hear something…anything

@joonha0806 We have been calling the engineering students who were offered the three choices as being on a “waitlist”, although TAMU didn’t call it that on line, but the admissions people were telling us it basically was. We too have been trying all day to get on campus housing and put in our application, but have been unsuccessful so far. I’m really hoping that we’ll be able to do it tomorrow. It almost appears that the 1/24 waitlist applicants were given the Congrats messages today.

I don’t think TAMU would be offering us a PSA if they were giving us 6 tabs. It wouldn’t make sense to allow us all of the back office tabs of housing, parking, and meal plans, if they were going to offer a PSA. I truly feel that we should have the “congrats” in our AIS pages tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Good luck and Congrats to your DS!!!

Can someone please explain what those 6 tabs are. Thanks

@SDS2000 I can explain, but first are you using a computer or your phone to login to Howdy?