TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I am using a phone

@YankeeTexan33 I totally agree. I think my DS and your DD are very close to the “congratulations” notice any day now. But I am trying to keep my hopes down just in case. Fingers crossed and cautiously hopeful for tomorrow morning. Best of luck to your DD!
@SDS2000 From what I found out about the 6 tabs, I am pretty sure this is the explanation: On the HOWDY portal page, it shows the 6 tabs: Home, Applicant, My Record, My Finance, Student Life, My Howdy.

@SDS2000 When you log in, there will be a button with three lines in the top left hand corner of the screen. If you click on that there will be three tabs “Home, Applicant, and My Howdy” if you are still in review. Once you have been accepted, three more will appear “My Records, My Finance, and Student Life”

@SDS2000: Are you sure about this? You are accepted if all 6 tabs are showing?
Our Howdy shows all 6 tabs but when we go to AIS, it still says “you are being considered”.

These are all the first signs of acceptance. The AIS will be the last to update to say Congratulations. Hang in there!

For those who are considering moving forward to one of the Academys - why is it that Ive read here on CC that you must wait until after graduation? Who’s rule is that? A&M or the Academy college?

Housing is open for engineering!!!

My son is one of the “1/31” engineering kids who have the six tabs, major change, etc. Yesterday I was unable to make the housing deposit, but this morning I had an email in my inbox about financial aid offers in his portal. I can’t seem to log into that however - it just takes me back to the Duo authentification page. Ugh. Hopefully these glitches are just temporary.

However, getting notice of financial aid offers seems pretty darn official even though AIS still says “Being considered for Engineering Academy at Blinn.”

I just tried and was still directed to the “University login” page and stuck in that loop.

Yesterday the AIS showed TEAB in the major fields and I got the 6 tabs on Howdy. AIS still showing “
being considered
” by-line. No congrats as of this time a.m.
Where would the NSC sign up be located if and when I get the green light?

I was able to log into housing portal this morning and complete Phase 1. AIS still says in review. Two “loans” are offered in the financial portal that were not there before 6 tabs on HOWDY.

I started the housing contract but got stuck on the username. I tried the username/password for Howdy portal but it didn’t work. Anybody know about this?

@22hope you might check out this forum now that you are in:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2159381-tamu-2024-after-youve-been-accepted-questions-and-answers.html#latest

My DD just got her elusive 6 Tabs this morning as a transfer and we will be moving over there now :). Whoop! Whoop!

@CAPSgt same, I was able to complete phase 1 of housing but AIS didn’t update to congrats, hopefully it’ll update soon so we can register for NSC

@hmporter64 There should be a “start new application” or something like that at the top of the page that will get you there. I also hit login and it just refreshed, but then I was able to click on the new application button at the top to get started.

@22hope It is the UIN Number which is on your application which is located on the application page under the “my app status” tab in the very top section. If that number will not work, I would contact the university.

We have still heard nothing. Nothing under the letter tab either. Beyond frustrated. He is coming in with an Assoc. Degree out of HS so maybe that has something to do with the delay.

AIS still showing “you are being considered for the Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan” but I was able to start the housing process and completed Phase I. It says Phase II will open up on 02/22/20.
Any Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan student who was waitlisted on 1/31/20 received the congrats status yet?

@joonha0806 not yet unfortunately

So crazy
 i don’t see anything like that. Ah well. I am going to assume that eventually it will have to work, right?