TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

There are a whole bunch of parents on this forum who have shared the results of their conversations with TAMU Admissions personnel. Now, whether the answers they were provided with are correct or of any real use…

@hmporter64 Hmm…that is a first … very strange. If I were you, I would called and asked admission - say something like “can you help me clarify on a few things ? My son was able to accept his financial aids, does that meant he is accepted to TEAB ? If not, why was that option available ?” Tell them you would like to know whether you want to commit to a loan if he is accepted into TAMU.

Hope this helps … and please let us know so we all can reference this in the future. Good luck …

Today’s posts have got me thinking that this could be glitch. I am going to have my son call admissions - I sent an email in desperation but I draw the line at calling unless something goes very wrong. But before he calls, can we say with assurance that people don’t get financial aid offers and rewards until accepted? or can you being offered financial aid before acceptance? I want to give him all this knowledge to work with so they can’t give a canned answer.

@hmporter64 Yes, it is safe to say that is the case with all the universities I have dealt with - TAMU, UTD, and UH. There is no reason to offer financial aids to attend a school that you are not accepted to.

Btw, there is no right or wrong here for you to call on behalf of your son/daughter. Admissions dealt with this everyday and expect as much so they understand. If your son can call personally, then it is even better.

@hmporter64 : Maybe also ask about "how to sign up for housing " when your son makes that call since that seems to be part of the glitch.
Good luck!

I had to giggle as my husband brought in the mail this evening… what arrives but the financial aid paperwork from TAMU. Geez.

Thanks all for the encouragement, advice and wisdom. I will definitely keep yall informed.

@hmporter64
Since you have the 6 tabs…

In Howdy, do you see a link for My Profile at the top…
If you click it, it goes to a page that includes a tab for “Curriculum, Hours & GPA”. That page should have the Program, College, and Major he is accepted into.

Do you see info for him there?

how long does it take for the banners to send in the mail? i received my “financial aid” letter (which was just loans…) but nothing else

@bargainshopper75 Ok I did this and it says

Bachelors Degree - Unspecified
Level:
Undergraduate
Program:
Engineering Academy at Blinn
College:
Engineering
Major:
Engineering Academyat Blinn>
Department:
College of Engineering
Concentration:

Minor:

Catalog Term:
Fall 2020 - College Station

Is this a positive thing?

My daughter has not yet received the banner in the mail. She received her admission decision I believe on the same day you did,(Feb. 19th) so we are thinking it will arrive this week, hopefully!

I would take this as a positive thing for sure!

I agreed … looks very similar to my son’s profile (full admit). His looks like this:

Degree:Bachelors Degree - Unspecified
Level:Undergraduate
Program:BAC ENGE-Computer Science
College:Engineering
Major:General Engineering>
Department:College of Engineering
Concentration:
Minor:
Catalog Term:Fall 2020 - College Station

@hmporter64
I agree with the others, the info you see populated into the My Profile (along with having 6 tabs) is a very positive thing!

It means your son has been assigned to that program by A&M. If he wasn’t yet assigned, those fields would not be populated for Fall 2020. So it is inevitable and just a matter of waiting a bit longer for AIS. Let us know when it’s official!

OK guys, my son called today. Of course they held the party line that Howdy tabs are meaningless. They also said that everyone receives financial aid offers so they are ready to proceed if accepted (any experience with this?). But what was different was that she said we would hear something regarding a “decision” in “two weeks or less.” Which is different from the canned response of “April after the deadline to respond to engineeering offers.”

I was not expecting them to say, “oh golly look we made a mistake, let me puch this button and fix it!” and I warned my son about that. Just hoping that maybe a call got someone to look at this discrepancy in his account between AIS and Howdy.

@Raider97 Same with my son. He applied beginning of August. Nothing in mail and nothing in his AIS or Howdy. It is extremely frustrating.

I am parent and getting most of updates for TAMU from this thread. My daughter already rejected by UT and as well TAMU . Reason CS was the major . However TAMU gave these 6 TAB , followed by Financial Letter ,call by some one from TAMU and had discussion with my daughter . In another 2 days ,TEAB-CS Blinn-Bryan offer letter .I am worried signed NSC etc . She has UT D computer science , CAP Austin (No interest and had appeal) . She is counting on GTECH Superscore as she has 770 in math and 35 in ACT English and as GTECH super score ,she think she has chance . She could have easily bumped the English score but Rejection all over place . Her mistake to take all AP in 12th grade and does not have ranking …she landed in 26% .She has 4.5 W and 3.78 UW. So I keep watch on this thread and learned about TEAB /TEAM etc …but still worried and moving along with TEAB option —that hurts. but who knows if this turns out to be great.

Time Line - TEAB /G/M. 1/31 - Option to select by Apr 1. . Six tab when every one around FEB 8 or so … Feb 20 - Financial aid mail --no acceptance yet ,FEB 21 - congratulation .Yesterday - TEAB offer in mail box.

@1450satACT32

TEAB is great offer. And senior year has no bearing on rank, just FYI, so she didn’t shoot herself in the foot, if that helps!

Hmm… my son may be experiencing something similar but a bit behind you in terms of timeline. This gives me hope that something will happen soon. Thanks and congrats to your daughter!

TEAB - After NSC signing only ,we are getting all emails related to admission ,programs from TAMU’s different departments including housing ,corp of cadets ,some program etc. In offer post mail Blinn has one page letter along with TAMU TEAB offer .Blinn has sent email for account setup .Need to submit immunization record at both institute .The way it is going it appears that Blinn for TEAB will have minimal role for some classes only . I think TEAB is based on department alignment .CS may be one releasing sooner than others. Engineering college has upper hand on TEAB offer . I hope your sone will get the good news .Financial aid --no one does without any reason .