TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

What does it mean if the “change major” button has disappeared on the AIS and Howdy pages? This is the first change that we have noticed this entire time. LOL

Typically means PSA will follow.

@AggieFam24 just checked my daughter’s and the same thing just happened. It was there this morning. Not sure what it means, but at this point we just need some answer, so we can move forward.

@ang2297 That is exactly how we feel. Just tell us something so we can move on to plan B.

@AggieFam24 Just got the PSA letter. :frowning:

@ANG2297 We did too. He has already been admitted to Tarleton which is a PSA school. He just needs to decide now if that is what he wants or wants to choose a different school altogether.

@ang2297 where do the letters come? To your email, your child’s or within AIS under “My Letters?”

@hmporter64 yes under my letters.

Just got a PSA letter.

@AggieFam24 @ang2297 @somehighschoolgirl a couple of quick questions. 1) are you all engineering? and 2) if not, were you on the waitlist previously? Thank you!

@anxiousaggie73 she was engineering.

@anxiousaggie73 yes Mechanical Engineering. The problem with PSA is he is coming in with an Assoc. Degree (60 hours) There aren’t 24 hours of classes that he can take at a PSA school Not sure what he is going to do.

@AggieFam24
ugh I’m sorry :frowning: plus Mech Engineering isn’t a participating major in PSA…though other Engineering majors would be an option.

Question though: Did an advisor tell you PSA wouldn’t work with him having 60 hours? Not understanding that…?

My screen name has changed… we are the “glitch” family.

Received a response back from an inquiry in AIS (from 2/21) that read:

Sorry for the confusion. There has been a technical issue. Your account will be updated on Monday afternoon.

So we will see what this afternoon brings… The saga continues! :slight_smile:

@collegemom1313 @AggieFam24 Where do I see what engineering majors are offered under the PSA? My daughter is wanting to do Aerospace.

@ang2297 If you go to admissions.tamu.edu/psa it lists the colleges/progs that participate in the PSA prog. Just click on College of Engineering.

Seems to me like your call and inquiry are finally getting you somewhere!

Yes. So glad I listened to yall and had my kiddo make a move! Good news or bad at least we can get a decision.

I was in 2nd Quartile - almost 3rd and applied to Mays (didn’t expect it) w/back-up College of LA (econ major). I’m surprised I haven’t gotten into Blinn TEAM yet. I had a 34 ACT and a 1460 SAT. I have other options, but when will TAMU let me know about Waitlist &/or Blinn TEAM?

@alwiggin What does it mean “to request an option”? What option are they waiting for people to request?