TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Finally your wait might be coming to an end! Hoping you receive great news this afternoon!

BTW… I too had a screen name change for a short time on this site. I logged out and logged back in making sure I was using the correct email address. Somehow I had two accounts, one of which was associated with an incorrect email address I must have entered at one time, and “they” must have assigned a screen name.

Anyway, I’m excited to hear some good news from you this afternoon!

@SlimJim001 Here waiting with you. Seems like we may be stuck waiting until after April 1 to hear anything. By that time, I’m not thinking we are going to like our housing options.

@jfhspc I know test scores aren’t everything, but I had hopes that mine would help. This is a bummer. Again, I have other college options and transfer later but …

@SlimJim001 Same boat. Other offers, but this is daughters 1st choice so we wait…

I have a nephew interested in the Corps for fall 2021. Is it easier to get into A&M if you’re willing to be in the Corps of Cadets? Engineering major.

<<<<if you’re willing to be in the Corps of Cadets?<<<<

That is interesting wording, the corp isn’t full of people “willing” to be in the corp, it is people that live to be in the corp.

@tristatecoog I don’t think it works that way, but I could be wrong. It’s my understanding that you have to get into A&M before you can apply to be in the Corps of Cadets. Daughter was considering that as well, but has had a couple of surgeries on her knee and is afraid she won’t be fit enough for the physical aspects.

TAMU states explicitly that expressing interest in the Corps has no bearing on your application.

Thanks everyone. Yes, for me it’s “willing to do it.” For him, he’s a die-hard military guy. Wants an Academy but only Naval so it may not work.

He really likes TAMU. God bless those who commit to serving our country!

I agree that is true - with one major caveat - if the student has certain ROTC/military scholarships.

Daughter got 6 tabs today. Her AIS page used to say waitlist and considered for team, now it’s back to “your app is complete and in review.”

@mliefer did anything change in Howdy on the “manage applications” page? When we got 6 tabs, my daughter’s major changed to “TEAM” but it still said “under review” for a day.

@finsup No, change. And her still her major is still listed as business.

Update: no message in AIS yesterday afternoon as promised, but I was able to log in to the housing portal today and get that done… So there’s something!

Received a reply yesterday to the second inquiry sent through AIS on 2/27 that AIS should update Tuesday afternoon (today).

Twilight zone.

@jfhspc I think they are speaking about the options for waitlisted people - Just Blinn Team, Blinn Team/TAMU Admission or just TAMU admission

I’m so glad you could apply for housing! Definitely looks like they are having technical difficulties! Thank you for keeping us updated. Praying for quick resolution so y’all can have some finality.

AIS has updated and he is officially in!

@AJAggie13 WHOOP!! :smiley: Happy for y’all!!

If anyone feels something is off with their application process, reach out. They admitted to techincal issues. Also, only use Google Chrome with the housing portal. Some of the log in issues are from other browsers. My kiddo could’ve been two weeks further along in the housing/NSC process if he or I had reached out sooner.

@AJAggie13 Awesome !! Congrats !! Can you post your son’s timeline again so we reference it in future ?