TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

update; i think it’s my school’s wifi that isn’t letting me log in. if i use data it’s fine but still pretty slow, guess it would be easier on a computer though

@BlueBayouAZ My daughter is still on waitlist/blinn team. She is a University Studies/Society Ethics & Law major.

@BlueBayouAZ My daughter is still on the Waitlist/Blinn Team Consideration - no change in anything. She is Chemistry or Biochem (2nd).

I am afraid it will be another month until we hear anything. I also wonder - would we hear anything after May 1 when all the decisions have been made and they for sure know what spots are truly open?

We’re not able to access the phase 3 housing either. I think their server is just overloaded with people right now.

@BlueBayouAZ yep. Still here waiting

Not waitlisted? Just waiting?

@BlueBayouAZ her status is “You have been placed on the waitlist and being considered for Blinn team“ hasn’t changed since we agreed to be considered for both

Is there anyone still waiting that HAS NOT been offered a waitlist?

It was around this time last year that the final rounds of PSA went out (maybe a week or so later).

I suspect at this point all decisions, with the exception of people placed on the waitlist, have been handed out.

Though no one has said what happened if they elected not to go on the waitlist. Did they then get a PSA notification soon after declining the waitlist?

@BlueBayouAZ my daughter got offered PSA last year on 3/4. I know this because she applied as a transfer this year and got her acceptance on 3/3 and at that time, she told me the next day would be one year since she didn’t get what she wanted at A&M. (She chose not to accept PSA because neither of her majors were even part of the program - so I’m not sure why they even offered it). This time last year she was a very sad girl, but this year she’s an Aggie so she’s one happy camper!

@HopingtobeAggieMom Can I ask what school she transferred in from and what her major was? My daughter got PSA this year and I don’t think that is the route she is taking because her major isn’t offered. She is still talking about trying to apply next year as a transfer student.

@ang2297 last year she applied as a business major and I cannot recall her second choice off the top of my head, but neither were PSA. After a year of college under her belt, she decided she wants to major in communications and minor in business. She thought she wanted to be a CPA, but a year into school has changed her mine and communications allows her more flexibility in classes to take, etc., although she still plans to minor in business.

Good luck to your daughter if she decides to transfer. It took my kiddo a while to get to that point. At this time last year she was very upset & I wasn’t sure she would go this route. But some time and some reflection made her realize, she’ll still be an Aggie if she transfers in!

Congrats to your daughter on her transfer!

My daughter’s change of major disappeared March 1st, 2019 and the official PSA notification came out on March 4th, 2019. So your daughter and mine were in the same wave.

I believe there was one more wave after that one, involving BIMS and I’m not sure what other major(s) if any. That happened about a week or week and 1/2 later.

i received a blinn-team offer on 2/19. do blinn team students receive an A&M banner? if so, has anyone else received there’s yet?

@alexandriagibson Indeed you will get a banner. Should receive it any moment now. Congrats on TEAM… great program.

DD received her banner today…she was from the waitlist.

did she get accepted on the 2/19? i still haven’t received mine as of today and i was waitlisted as well

She was. Yours should be there any day now.

Boy, this board has gotten so quiet. So for the waitlist group - what are your thoughts on when we hear something since schools are closing? I wonder how it will affect those who are waiting to hear something??

Schools have gone online. They aren’t close for faculty and staff (yet). So decisions will still be made.

I sent in a question in my Howdy portal and they replied by saying that waitlist decisions should be in my mid/late-March