TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

For those that receive the PSA notification, even if your child declines the offer, their applications are forwarded to PSA schools. My DD received full acceptance (with a merit award) to Tarleton State. TAMU-Corpus Christi has reached out to her to resubmit her ACT/SAT scores. Don’t fret if the child’s initial reaction is to move on to another school choice, the PSA schools will reach out anyway.

Howdy class of 2024 parents and students! I am so excited for all of your students that have chosen to make A&M or blinn their home for the next chapter in their life! This forum was so helpful to me when I was applying last year and can’t be more grateful for this resource. An invitation I want to extend to you all is looking into registering your student for impact retreat! It’s an amazing opportunity to get involved in the community before you even step foot on campus. For more information, please go to impactretreat.com and consider sharing!! Thank you guys (:

How many are still on WAITLIST only for main campus? I hope that these applicants still get considered the same as they would have and that no rush decision is made during this time of uncertainty in our world. Hope everyone is safe! WHOOP

@Aggiegirl94

My daughter is still Waitlisted. The wait is so hard!

My son is still on waitlist and consideration for Blinn Team.

Good luck to all of you! Keep me posted on the Waitlist!

My daughter emailed the admissions advisor today to find out about the waitlist candidates. He said, staff are continuing to work and processing applications - but he could not make an estimate on when that would happen. He said they should hear something before May 1. So… the wait continues…

Thanks for the update! I actually appreciate that admissions isn’t RUSHING to just hit deny/or get this off the books–as these students who have been in a pending state are great candidates and have been so patient. I think pausing in the situation our world is in–is best at this time to wait and see what happens closer to deadlines. So much is going to change unfortunately for everyone with this pandemic. :frowning: Fingers crossed! Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Just got 6 Tabs this morning!!! App Status still says “under review”, but Level: Undergraduate - Major:BIMS - Program: BS-BIMS - Location: College Station. I’m so stinking excited!!!

Woke up to a change in our status from “Waitlist/TEAM” yesterday to “Under Review” this morning. Just now we were changed to “Admitted”. So, they are working on them. Good luck everyone!

Congrats on those who got 6 tabs and in today. @jfhspc @Cesmorris can you let us know what your majors are? Thank you!!

Admitted Biomedical Sciences.

Thank you @Cesmorris . Sorry. One more question for you. Were you on the original 1/24 waitlist or one that came later? thanks again and congrats

I’m embarrassed to say, but I don’t know. He applied back in December and we were awaiting a letter in the mail. When other schools came in by mail, we went in and checked for him over the weekend and noticed the waitlist notification. Me being me, I kept checking when someone else posted in the string that the waitlist could update after March 15. Anyway, today was clearly a day of activity.

Hi everyone! I just found out that I was admitted yesterday! I was apart of the 1/27 waitlist and admitted as biomedical sciences. So excited!! Very thankful for all the helpful comments on this thread :slight_smile:

@anxiousaggie73 Daughter is Biomedical Sciences and we were on the 1/27 Waitlist. I’d like to join @nsttsn in thanking this thread as well for all the help and support through this stressful process

Congrats to all! Our fingers are crossed to hear soon.

Happy for you guys. Crazy times at the moment so I’m glad there’s some positive info!!!

Daughter got acceptance letter into engineering (TEAB) on March 18. She was a review admit, was given 3 choices (Galveston, McAllen, TEAB) on Jan 31, 2020, and made her selection on Feb 4, 2020. After months of daily checks, we missed TAMU’s text with the update, and only realized when she got her financial aid email a couple of days later. She’s finally an Aggie! Thank all of you for the invaluable info and insight. Good luck to those still waiting to hear anything. Stay healthy and safe.

Anyone here going the Academy route through one of the Jr Colleges? Son has been accepted to several other schools, and also TAMU Corpus Christi for PSA but my heart just tells me he needs to stay home for a bit and pursue the Academy route.

He’s been approved through the Jr college and got the link to apply direct to TAMU, which really wasnt an application - it was more of just personal information and that he’s not a criminal, etc. Now more waiting. Wonder how long this wait will be… lol