TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I got into the chevron academy and I am wondering if i will be getting the same acceptance banner as the other students admitted to the main campus? I know its a stupid question but something about that acceptance banner has a deep meaning with me.

No updates on AIS yet after 6 tabs yesterday. Does anyone know how long this takes normallly? We are dying to see the official acceptance before we celebrate :slight_smile:

@rccardenas - when did you get your acceptance into the Academy and which one? From my understanding, you should receive the banner, as you will be considered an Aggie from day 1!

@alwiggin - from previous posts on here - it seems like 24-48 hours. BUT
 since this has been such an “eventful and different” year - we may be waiting - yet again. But, that is okay! My daughter got 6 tabs!!! And, she was able to register for housing.

@aggies8688 Yes we are so excited! Hopefully we won’t have to wait long! My d raughter is living off campus so we didn’t have to do the housing registration.

we got 6 taps too yesterday but now what? How do we know it’s official? Can we start registration for housing and how?

@Dallas03 You should be able to register for housing. One of the tabs is Student Life. Click it, then go to the lower left and you will see On Campus Housing. Click on the + sign. It will take you to housing with the directions on how to start the process. You will click on Register for new housing (or something like that). But, because we are so late in the game, selecting a roommate is not an option so it will have you skip that part. The housing department told me yesterday that they will start making assignments Mid April to the first part of May and that when we sign the contract, the student is guaranteed housing - but not guaranteed a specific dorm, room, or roommate. Also, parking opened up today. But registration for that is not first come first serve - so wait until you get a dorm assignment before getting parking.

@aggies8688 thank you! We don’t need to wait for an email or official letter? We have the 6 taps but it still says in review

@Dallas03 - apparently not! My daughter’s says the exact as yours. Still In Review. I saw a post yesterday that someone on this list registered for housing - so we tried it. When we were registering, it popped up a message 'You are fully qualified for on campus housing " or something to that affect. I tried to register my daughter for a sports pass - but that popped up - you are not eligible at this time. We just clicked on a lot of things to see what it would/would not let us do.

@aggies8688 thank you, we will try it

I got 6 tabs yesterday and my major changed to my second choice major. I logged on today but there was still no change in AIS. Logged on tonight and saw that my major switched back to my first choice. When Blinn Team offers went out in February, their majors changed to TEAM. So what should we expect? Full admit or TEAM? I have no idea

I got six tabs day before yesterday and my major changed to second choice and it said “my app is complete and in review.” When I logged on this morning, the six tabs went away and it was back to “you have been placed on a waitlist and are being considered for TEAM.” Now it’s back to my first choice of Mays business which has been full for forever. What does this mean??

Howdy page says “WHOOP! You have been ADMITTED” with accept, decline or change major!!! No AIS change yet!

My Howdy changed back to 3 tabs this morning and AIS changed from “your app is in review” back to what is was before “you are on the waitlist and are being considered for team” I don’t understand
 How can this happen? I had 6 tabs and now I only have 3
 I even already signed up for housing

@jturner207 exact same thing happened to me. mays was my first choice too. I have no idea what’s going on.

@maddiegurley I know! I’m pretty disappointed because everyone said that getting the 6 tabs meant it was basically official

Have you checked the Howdy page under Manage Applications?

@alwiggin Yes, it changed back to my first choice major as well.

yeah the same thing happened to me and under manage applications it says under review

Whoop! My daughters changed this morning too! Under Manage Applications. Now what does she do? She hit the accept button and nothing really happened.