TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@aggies8688 same here. When she hits accept it brings her to the AIS page which hasn’t updated. What was your daughter’s major? My daughter is Liberal Arts - Society Ethics & Law

On Tuesday my DS got 6 Tabs with his second choice major communications. Today we are now back to 3 Tabs and it changed back to his first choice major at Mays. It says he has been placed on the Waitlist and being considered for TEAM once again? We are confused as to what is going on. We thought he was going to be admitted because he had the 6 tabs. Does anyone know a contact email for admissions?

@“Happy@RBeach” its admissions@tamu.edu. I emailed them this morning because the same thing happened to me.

@alwiggin - good to know that the same thing is happening on your daughter’s screen too. My daughter’s current major is Chemistry. But, I am sure that will change - she is already thinking she wants to change majors.

Same thing happened here. Got 6 tabs, applied for housing. Today only 3 tabs. Called admissions and got an email response that says sorry for any confusion but your file is still in review.

Wow, that is completely unheard of y’all. Never have we heard someone get 6 tabs and then drops back to 3. Please keep us posted. I hope it ends the way y’all want it too!!! Need some happy news.

@AggieMomhelp Isn’t this the first year they’ve had a waitlist for a long time? Could that be the reason for the confusion?

Has anyone heard back from admissions to see what might be happening?!?

My sister got an email congratulating her on her acceptance and invitation to join a zoom call. The next day, she got another email saying to ignore the previous email as her application is still under review. In my opinion, this is very unprofessional and unfair to a student who has been waiting for an answer. She had 6 tabs on Howdy with access to housing but this morning it changed back to 3… hope someone can provide some insight or help with any advice.

My son has had 6 tabs for a few days. On Howdy under Manage Applications it says Whoop! You have been ADMITTED. It is his first choice major Political Science - BS. Hasn’t changed back to 3 tabs, but AIS says application under review. AIS changed from Waitlist to Under Review when the 6 tabs appeared on Howdy. My son only chose waitlist for full admission, declined waitlist for Blinn Team.

Update - AIS just changed to admitted.

Same thing happened to my son. Howdy says he has been admitted, AIS still says “under review.” (?)

AIS just changed to admitted! Whoop!

@jturner207 @Happy@RBeach. Have you heard back from admissions?

AIS changed to admitted!!! Yayyy!

@RCAggie @jturner207

The following is the email response that we just received from admissions:

“We are getting ready to release decisions for waitlist folks and in this process, you will notice changes to your AIS and Howdy as these are tied together. When your decision has become final, it will be posted to your AIS portal as a matter of record. You were seeing some of the early stages: however, we’re not quite ready to release these. It will post when it has been reviewed and approved by our leadership”.

A bit confusing as we had already seen the change to 6 tabs on Tuesday and now back to 3 tabs today. Basically back to where we were in January, back on the waitlist for full admit or TEAM.

This is VERY stressful…

I had my Howdy change back to 3 tabs today and my major switch back to my first choice (Mays). I had 6 tabs yesterday and did my housing contract. I‘m not sure what’s going on but I doubt that we will receive PSA. We had the 6 tabs and I’m still able to login to the housing portal. It might be a glitch or they’re deciding whether to give us team or full admission, but I doubt we’re not going to receive some sort of admission.

@RCAggie @“Happy@RBeach”
This is the email I received:

“We do apologize for any confusion.
However, your file is still in review.
Once a decision is made, your AIS page will update first, followed by a letter in the mail.
Please continue to check your AIS page weekly for future updates.”

Very vague. The person I spoke to on the phone said that I may see it flip back and forth as I may be reviewed multiple times.

This back and forth is a bit discouraging. I hope we all hear something definitive soon.

@“Happy@RBeach” This is VERY stressful. Our first major was MAYS and that seems to be a trend on going back to 3 tabs.

@maddiegurley I hope you are right. Fingers crossed.

@RCAggie When you got the 6 tabs, did your major change to your 2nd choice?