TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@Tusker9e Then a 4.0 in Dual credit classes will look good for her. Shows she can handle the rigor of those types of classes. Keep us posted, but please be patient… you may not hear til after the new year.

Can you share your sons stats?

@Lrbrooks Can you share your sons stats?

@AggieMomhelp both campus locations are still showing “under review”. Thanks for the information and we will keep watch.

When did you apply: July 27
Class Rank: First Quarter
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1300
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Mays

Did anyone else’s status check make you sign up for Duo Mobile and do a 2 step verification to check the status of the application? Still says In Review though.

Hello everyone,
big congrats to all who got in so far and good luck to all who’s waiting. Please, try not to stress, ( I know -easier said than done) but It is still too early.
When did you apply: September 25
Class Rank: 11%
ACT: 31 (M 29/ E29/ STEM31/READING35/ SCIENCE 31
retaking ACT for engineering review.
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/1/19 - today
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic
Major/College of Choice: Aerospace Engineering
My son got in today :slight_smile: Of course, now to wait for holistic review of engineering.

I have a question, my son is thinking to switch to Physics major, he would like to go all the way to PHD, in any major. He’s realizing that aerospace eng. is limited field and with Physics he can find work in the Aerospace field too. And it’s kind of broader field of work potentional. Somebody here with switching to major like that? Or thinking about it?
Thank you

Emptynestpls, it happened to us today. Had to use Duo Mobile.

@emptynestpls Yes! I was also prompted to set up a dual authentication as well. I got an email I believe last week about it but I wasn’t sure the email was legit so I didn’t do anything with it.

First, congratulations to your son!
Second, now I’m baffled about my son. He qualifies for academic admission and his application was complete with class rank assigned on September 12 and qualifying SAT received just before that. But he’s still in “review” status, and the application is for Mays. I can’t figure out how your son’s September 25 application was already acted on. While I’m not concerned about admission as such, I guess I am concerned that if this continues much longer, the Mays spots could dry up somehow based on what I’ve read here.
Any ideas what might be happening?

Hello all. I have a question about scholarships… I am a newbie so please bear with me. Do scholarship opportunities come with the acceptance letter or is that done through FASFA?

@KimWill Neither. FAFSA has nothing to do with what the university will offer in terms of scholarships. If I’m not mistaken, scholarships will come way after acceptance letter. Veterans will chime in @Thelma2 and @AggieMomhelp

franknd, sorry but I don’t have any idea why. They received ACT test before we finished application. We finished SRAR 2 days before finishing application and it was automatically linked once we submitted the application. Maybe because they received everything together with application? It takes them some time to verify class rank and link SRAR together, and we finished that slightly before we finished the application. I really don’t have idea why, I’m sorry. But I believe, he will hear from admission really soon.:slight_smile:

@franknd I haven’t seen any Mays come through yet. It won’t fill up yet. It fills up with auto and academic. So if your son is in that category and stuff was in early (like it was) you should be fine with getting into mays. No reason to stress.

@KimWill I’m sorry… I have no intel in scholarships. Sadly my kiddos had no access to them. ??‍♀️

@MomOfTeens77 I suggest reaching out to admissions to ask how he can do this at this time. For my son, he changed from ag business to econ after he received his acceptance. He did it on ais. The advisor reached out to him to confirm and then they switched it so he could sign up for nsc. As for engineering to physics to see himself up for career… he should speak with someone who is doing what he wants to do after graduation to see if it makes sense. Best of luck and congrats!!!

Thank you.

@KimWill The following reply is based on my daughter’s experience last year. Scholarships from TAMU; notifications were received late last Spring and into early Summer for the Endowed Opportunity Award. Other TAMU scholarships may notify earlier. She received her acceptance in September.

The majority of the scholarships she received were not through the university.

He got the six tabs this morning. Academic admit. Thanks again.

I love being right @franknd lol ? congrats to you guys. Now the fun begins.

Yes it a howdy security thing. I had to set it up for my parent account also on my two current aggie students. It has nothing to do with admissions.

@AggieMom20and22 we got duo set up and added my device. Now I’m thinking that wasn’t right. I need to find out how to set up a parent acct. Any tips on how to do that?
Thx