TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

franknd- I can say it in this instance- I told you so lol. Congratulations :slight_smile:

Congrats, @franknd !
Our kiddos will be classmates at Mays. So exciting!!

@Tam1233 Yes you did it right. You canā€™t add a parent account until they are accepted to the University. At that point the student account gives permission for the parent account and what they can seeā€¦grades, finances, etc. I have a parent account for my two current Aggies and then Iā€™m just using sonā€™s account (applicant) to check his status. Hope that makes sense.

As for gradesā€¦ @aggiemom20and22 means Mid terms and final grades. You canā€™t log into their daily class ecampus stuffā€¦ nor should you. lolā€¦ itā€™ll freak you out. = )

@MomOfTeens77 Hi! I saw physics and had to comment. I have a degree in Astrophysics from UCLA. as I went to a different school LOOOOOONG time ago, I know things are different, but from my experience, physics is so much more versatile and flexible as far as careers are concerned. Also from my experience, physics is so NOT competitive. While the materials covered can be challenging, the atmosphere is so much more relaxed in physics than engineering. And getting into physics is so much easier than engineering because physics is ALWAYS looking for more students :slight_smile: so I would highly recommend physics. Having said that, BS in physics is NOT as employable as BS in engineering. Physics is applicable to broader field, but most would expect a phD in physics. so if he wants to get a job straight out of college, engineering might be easier. but like I said, it would be in a narrower field. I hope this helps!

p.s. unfortunately so far my oldest is a history major at A&M (junior in the Corps with Army contract) and my DD in high school applied to international studies/diplomacy (possibly contracting with AF). no science major thus farā€¦ I do have 2 more kids to go!

OK sheā€™s accepted. I think I figured it out with only 2 chats with the help desk ?

@KimWill scholarship notifications will be on roll out. different committees meet at different times and notify as they are decided. I know that Corps scholarship committee starts meeting in late January, early February. Some departmental scholarships wonā€™t notify until after May! And as the awarded scholarships donā€™t get used, they get given away to other students (e.g., the recipient chose not to attend A&M etc.) so they could be given all the way to late August!

gogogogobruins- thank you for your reply. Yes, I was thinking pretty much the same. More relaxed in the way of competition and craziness :slight_smile: Everybody wants to go for engineering these days, my son included :slight_smile: But heā€™s slowly changing his opinion. He loves physics but wants to work in Aero. I think he can works is Aerospace somewhere in the future. A lot of physicists work together with engineers in their field. And yes, itā€™s wider work field option with physics. We will see if heā€™ll decide to change his major. When we talked to academic advisor, he said that it would not be too much problem to change from physics to engineering, if my son decides to go with physics. My son wants to go all the way to PhD, but thatā€™s a long stretch from now:-) but definitely to Masters, at least. In engineering or physics.
Thank you very much for your info. I appreciate it. I calmed down a little lol.

When did you apply: August 13th
Class rank: 26%
SAT: 1370 English 650 Math 720
ACT: 30 English 25 Reading 29 Math 32 Science 32
When did you receive your admission decision: In review
Auto, Academic, or review admit: Review Admit
Major: Engineering

Anybody have an idea when we might hear back about a decision? Weā€™ve been impatiently waiting for a while now and hope to get some insight on the acceptance timelike

Our son was admitted a few weeks back to the Mays school. He is also applying to the Honors program. Does anyone know when the notifications for Mays Honors typically come out? Our son goes to a school which does not rank (400 Seniors). He scored a 32 on the ACT and a ~1450 SAT, 3.9 GPA. 4 year Football player (3 years on varsity), 4 year Lacrosse player (3 years on varsity), 2 year Wrestling. He is a Boy Scout (Life Rank) and a member if multiple clubs, NHS, etc.

Finally yā€™all!! My son woke up to the six tabs! Now the wait for the engineering review. Whoop!

@fishfamx4 Congrats!!! Will you repost quick stats for the group?

@maysdad I donā€™t think youā€™ll find out about honors until after the new year. I could be wrong on thatā€¦ anyone else know?

@Punkymagoo You were so close to academicā€¦ ugh. With that, youā€™ll probably hear after the first even though you applied early admit. HOWEVER, since you are right on the cusp they may review you sooner than later. Best of luckā€¦ youā€™ll get some sort of admittance for sure. Just make sure you review all the alternatives so you are ready when the offer comes in!

My son got his admission notice last week and his portal says he has been accepted into Engineering. Great news

Havenā€™t made a final decision on A&M as he thinks UT is his first choice. However, given that he is NMF and UT gives zero $, we are going to go where the $ is.

We may look at UT Dallas and possibly Tech and Rice, but A&M is looking like a go right now. Tech does give full cost of attendance which is very tempting.

@AggieMomhelp - Here are his stats:

When did you apply: 7/22 (colorado resident)
Class Rank: 23% weighted; 26% non
GPA: 3.65
SAT 1230 - 610 english, 620 math
ACT - 1st time: 27 composite, 24 english, 27 math, 32 science, 25 reading
Retook ACT 3 weeks ago: 30 comp, 30 eng, 30 math, 28 science, 32 reading
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/3
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: ?
Major/College of Choice: Engineering

*took honors Calc, honors Chem as a Junior. taking A/P Calc AB, AP Chem, Physics, and engineering now as a senior - holding a 4.0 current semester. Fingers crossed they think he is a candidate for engineeringā€¦

@fishfamx4 So now we know they take weighted rank since that popped him into academic admit. Thatā€™s so awesome. Congrats again and thanks for the stats. It helps those that wait!

@macarthur Where exactly did you see that your son was accepted into engineering? Just wanting to keep an eye on that page for my son.

His says ACCEPTED to Engineering??? Not REVIEW???
Does anyone else have the ACCEPTED and major changed to ENGINEERING yet?

Still says REVIEW

Yes, it says accepted to engineering. Got the email too.

My daughter was accepted into engineering too! YAY!