TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Last admissions cycle, the first engineering admissions came out Oct 5.

FYI: The Early Decision date of Oct 15 is arbitrary. Every cycle, since the Engineering Holistic Review was instilled (A&M Class 2021), there are auto and academic admits who applied by the Oct 15 deadline who will be deferred to January and auto and academic admits who applied after the Oct 15 deadline who will receive a decision before January.

Review applicants to the university are largely deferred until January-March. A few many get an admission decision but most will be after January. All auto and academic admits must be offered a seat first somewhere, and with the Deadline for applications being December 1, that forces the review applicants to wait for a decision.

Scholarship question: I was admitted to the general engineering at college station. I submitted my scholarship application a few days ago. I was just wondering if scholarships get posted on the Howdy portal or if they send me an email with the information. Thank you

For kids going Corps, is there any reason to race to put in the housing application?

Will sign up for engineering LLC be required to live in commons ?

For corps, no need to rush. Just be sure that’s what they want.

To my knowledge, the commons is the current llc for engineering. So yes.

Ok
does this mean he’s been accepted into Engineering? His Howdy Application Status just now changed from ‘engineering review’ to:

Application Status: WHOOP! You have been ADMITTED Level : Undergraduate Major: UNEN Program: BAC-UNEN Location: College Station

Is there another place I can check?

@fishfamx4 are you seeing this in the TAMU AIS portal?

@fishfamx4 “UNEN” is the code for engineering review.

@mathew214 Thanks
 bummer. I was going to be so excited for him. I guess we continue to wait.

@fishfamx4 Was there even a real release yet? There are only a couple of people that said they were admitted into engineering.

@mathew214 I have no idea. I have only seen people on this thread list they have gotten informed already. But, I am not looking anywhere else either.

My daughter received an email from admissions congratulating her on acceptance into engineering. Good Luck to your son!

Good Luck to your son @Boogie818!

I am sure that this has been covered on here and I apologize if it has been recently. I used the search tool for the topic and can only find something from last year. My daughter is a review applicant. She has been told that she won’t find out anything until March.

Yesterday, however, her My Howdy had “six tabs” rather than the previous three. I have read that often that indicates acceptance is on the horizon. She also seemed to have an “Account Number”. Yet, there is nothing on her AIS that would indicate acceptance.

Any input or experience as to whether that change in the AIS could indicate something positive? We are out of state and she is scheduled for an Overnight Visit at months end. I hate to sound cheap (LOL) but I am holding off buying that ticket until the last minute! :slight_smile:

@Flea68 did the email come to student’s personal email or under My Communications & My Letters in the Applicant Information System?

@lkmmidwest76 6 tabs is acceptance on howdy. Ais should update soon. Please provide stats for your daughter.

I got an email and also in my letters of AIS.

Thank you & congrats!

@Allen01 are you a national merit semi finalist/finalist?

My daughter received acceptance this morning! Whoop! She got what she wanted with a BS in BIMS - so happy for her!