TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Just checked my kids’ Howdy accounts, they have been admitted into Engineering, not sure when the status has been changed since we have not checked for over 2 weeks.

@ATTX does is say “UNEN” or general engineering?

She received a personal email and it is on AIS.

My UIN starts with a 2. It’d be really interesting if that meant something.

It says “General Engineering”.

You can email A&M admission office to update this info.

@ATTX you think it’s best to email admissions@tamu.edu or go through my AIS and email them?

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp Hello ladies!!! I see you are braving it once again this year. :slight_smile: DD is loving College Station! Thank you for your help last year.

For all the newbies here…you are in very good hands with thees ladies. They are very knowledgeable and supportive. This was the only way I made it though last year. Good luck to all the Class 2024!

Hello everyone! I am currently finishing up the A&M application before the Early Action deadline (October 15). I have a question about the Engineering Honors Program.

The website says that the application to this honors program is due December 1st, so does that mean we don’t have to have it submitted before the EA deadline? Or will I have to finish the Honors Program application before the EA deadline? Thanks a lot in advance and good luck to everyone applying!

You can apply to Honors separately and after you finish your regular application :smile:

Great, thanks so much!

New to this forum: I have one daughter at A&M she was top 8% auto-admit in 2018.
Senior daughter Class of 2020 is top 21% of class.
GPA: 4.0
Sat 1170 superscore 1190 Doesn’t test well on standardize test
Requested major: Communications (1st Choice) International Studies (2nd Choice)
Holistic Review
Bilingual- Has been in Spanish Immersion Program since 1st grade. Speaks fluent Spanish. She wants to Major in Communications with a minor in Spanish. She has over 300 Hours in volunteer, 4 AP Classes, 6 years in Spanish, 2 years of Dual Credit English with all A’s. Varsity Sports, Team Captain, Lots of other school activities. She is nervous. Wondering if she should take the ACT. She has application complete in Review. Has two teachers sending recommendations. Any Suggestions or Recommendations. What are her chances?

One of my sons used admissions@tamu.edu to update his application data. If I remember correctly, that is the email address A&M said to use if needs to update any “application info”.

If you can find another email … it doesn’t hurt to send the update to both of them, just mention that you also send the same info to the other email.

@AggieDreamin oh I’m so happy To hear she’s enjoying it. Freshman year, especially first semester, can be rough on every level. Keep lovin on her. First round of exams done, now on to round 2! ? FYI if you need care package idea or restaurants that deliver, let me know. Even though I live here, I still use them for my son.

@JewelW27 standardized test are so tricky. I feel for her. To answer your first question, yes, I’d try the ACT. It can’t hurt. My son did much better on that than sat. I think the bilingual aspect will set her application a part which is good. Her test score may hold her back sad to say, but again try the act. Also look into the residual act at tamu. Google that exactly and you’ll find it. That is if you live close. They score it within 24 hours and it only counts towards tamu. It’s a small setting and you can schedule at time. It’s not a national testing date. Good luck and please keep us posted. Be prepared to wait for admission decision til after the first of the year.

@AggieMomhelp thanks for the advice. We will check into it.

Does the student have to ACCEPT ADMISSION (on howdy under Applicant - > manage applications) before continuing in the engineering review process?

My son is thinking to change his major from Agribuisness to Crop Science… is that something he can go ahead and do now? He is a review admit so still waiting for admission decision…

@tam1233 Absolutely not. You don’t have an engineering decision yet, do you? Basically by signing up for the NSC you are saying, yes I accept. HOWEVER, it’s not a contract, just an indication, at that point as well.

@sallye Yes, he can change it on his AIS now or he can wait til after he’s admitted. It will not make it easier to get into TAMU or harder since as a freshman, major doesn’t matter (for the most part).

Thx @AggieMomhelp! Ready to see that decision!