TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@mcbarry02 your preferences are totally irrelevant. For instance… say you put down 10 different dorms now (phase 2) and then when parade 3 comes along you see there’s a spot in a completely different dorm., then you can select it. By putting down preferences it wj allow tamu to try and place you if you for whatever reason don’t pick a spot when it’s your time. Nothing you do after phase - counts for time slots and just because you list a preference doesn’t mean you’ll even get close.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news lol but yeah, nothing counts until you select a dorm room(late spring). So that actually should help with the stress level. Right?

As for my liberal prof statement… that is across the board on most public campuses. It doesn’t mean they flaunt their opinion/beliefs or will sway a person to believe something different BUT it is always good to hear differing views points so you make your own decisions based off knowledge and not just because you’ve always believed xyz.

@laurarwrites My daughter was accepted to UT Dallas as well in BioMedical Engineering back over the summer. It was her first acceptance letter. I looked up the stats on their student population. 1 out of every 5 students on campus is international, but that % is really low in the undergrad world. If A&M falls through, we’ll be up in Dallas touring. Good luck!

@AggieMomhelp - what do you mean by they “round up” on the ACT taken at TAMU?

Did I read somewhere on this thread that last year October 12 was a big wave of engineering acceptances? Anxiously waiting!

I got an email yesterday saying my A&M application is completed even though it’s been completed for over 2 months now. Anyone else get this? Or maybe get this right before their admissions decision? I just thought it was kind of strange.

@laurarwrites Yes. DD also got that email and was kinda like huh? It’s said Completed and in Review on AIS for over a month. She is a holistic review so I am sure it was just an update. Not hopeful on hearing on anything this soon. :neutral:

@laurarwrites My son received an email last night that said his application was complete, in review… Had a dog on the top and subject was that he was one step closer to becoming an Aggie! So I got excited… but nothing on AIS has changed and he’s had his app completed since July.
I wonder if they will add a decision to AIS even if declined admission? I hope so.

@kbbeale if it’s a 28.25 then they score it as a 29.

My son got the same email saying he is “one step closer to being an Aggie”. He is also holisitic review and applied back in August. I am hoping this means they are starting to review these apps now.

@emptynestpls they do let you know when you’re decided admission, but that won’t happen till maybe March. I doubt PSA admits will go out before then either. only the full admits will hear early… :frowning: my daughter is also a review admit and got the same email yesterday. My son is a junior and he never got an email like that so it must be a new thing?! or they just forgot to send him one? LOL

@KC5402 I saw your question about UofA or ASU? I personally prefer Tucson to send my child but I think Tempe area cleaned up a bit more than when I was in school (I went to a PAC-12 school so visited both campuses for football games). I’d think U of A is a better school academically but I guess ASU is improving. :slight_smile:

A&M is so diverse and very open to people of different ideas/ethnicity/sexuality etc. etc. 2 years ago the students body president was an openly gay man. Last year it was a girl. The Corps had a female corps commander 2 years in a row just a few years ago. Conservatives today, for the most part, is NOT what the liberals make them out to be. We are open minded and inclusive.

as for liberal profs… my son has had some. Not too bad compared to other campuses, but you need to be selective. My son took a Texas History course, which he was really looking forward to bc he’s a 7th generation Texan, but the professor basically made white people bad. :frowning: He even said that Sul Ross was a bad guy!! A&M wouldn’t be what it is today with out Sully!!! ugh!!! needless to say my son struggled to remain calm in that class…

@gogogogobruins Thanks for the infor. Will look more into these two schools this weekend just in case A&M falls through. keep my finger crossed.

[QUOTE=""]
A&M is so diverse and very open to people of different ideas/ethnicity/sexuality etc. etc. 2 years ago the students body president was an openly gay man. Last year it was a girl. The Corps had a female corps commander 2 years in a row just a few years ago. <<<

[/QUOTE]

None of these things qualify the “A&M is so diverse” comment. If A&M is so not diverse, that one gay SBP and a female corp commander or 2 are used as examples to cite diversity, the best you can state is that it is what it is.

New parent here. My son was accepted to A&M but has not received anything yet for acceptance into Engineering other than it is under review. Here are his particulars:

When did you apply: 8/20/2019
Class Rank: #22 of 620
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1370 (Math 700, English 670)
ACT (with Sub Scores)
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/19/2019
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto Admit
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science

I have read on here about how some have already received their Engineering acceptance. Our son is at a STEM magnet high school taking all AP classes in the math and science areas. Varsity basketball player, STEM leader, Volunteer, very high GPA, etc.

As an old Ag I see much has changed and was wanting some idea of chances for this type of student being accepted.

Thanks

“He even said that Sul Ross was a bad guy!! A&M wouldn’t be what it is today with out Sully!!!”

Well, I mean he WAS a confederate General so… but I DO agree that he was very instrumental in A&M’s development and did a lot of good in that department.

I don’t see why people are so scared of being exposed to other viewpoints. If your point of view is correct, then it shouldn’t matter what other people think. Just my $0.02.

@Petefred based on those stats, I would be surprised if he didn’t get main campus engineering.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know when the final decisions are made? Sounds like they are already sending out those notifications so just curious.

My daughter has been waiting for a decision. She got the same email yesterday.

I called admission at the beginning of the week inquiring about her status since she submitted and completed application in July. They couldn’t really give me an answer just a vague one.