TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I went to graduate school at UTD, though it has changed a lot since then. It is a very good school academically and really moving up in the rankings. It has an exceptional CS program that rivals UT and A&M. Engineering, Science, and Business are also strong. The campus is quite modern and in a thriving urban/suburban area. The international student population may not be that large, but there is a majority of American students of Asian and Indian ethnicity. The student profile leans toward the more computer-geek, studious type. There were even t-shirts in the campus bookstore that had a saying something like “UTD - Nerdy since 1969” and “Keep UTD Nerdy”. They have had a nationally ranked chess team and do not have football. S18 had nearly a full ride scholarship to UTD and we toured the campus, but for him it was just not the right fit. But for many students it offers a lot of wonderful opportunities and a great learning environment. I highly recommend you visit and see for yourself.

My son was accepted into engineering today! Everyone check your AIS, today may be a big wave of acceptances! I’m so relieved and happy that the wait is over.

@TexasAggie99 Congratulations!!! Hoping today is the day for many!!

TexasAggie99- congratulations!!! So nice to hear kids starting to be accepted. :slight_smile:

I just checked my AIS portal and got accepted to engineering as well! Woohoo!!! The turnaround was really fast, considering I applied Oct 6.

hurricane314- congratulations !!!

OOS son was accepted to engineering today (surprised the decision came out so early). I’m curious, if one gets scholarships where (what tab, etc.) will it show up in AIS / Howdy? Will notice of scholarships, if any, also come via regular mail?

Would you share your OOS son’s stats please @BurOak

Congratulations to all that were accepted today. Can I assume these admits are all auto and academic admits?
I am holistic or review… even though I made the ENG early decision deadline will I hear now or have to wait into the new year?
Any insight would be appreciated.

@BurOak my son is OOS as well. So happy they let the OOS kids in this early!

Sallye- I believe that all the kids who got accepted so far ( in state or oos) are kids with very high SAT/ACT scores. 34-36ACT and high 1400- 1500’s+.
Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s what I see so far :slight_smile:

@MomOfTeens77 …just chiming in here to say my son is still in engineering review. ACT 34 (math subscore 35) and SAT 1460 (math subscore 770)…top 11% and an Academic Admit. He applied July 1. I can’t seem to figure out just how engineering admissions decides who gets notified first.

We are in state. I am hoping he hears something soon as TAMU is his top pick for college.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to get admit news!

USAFwife2000- I’m sorry, I don’t have any idea either:-) I just see that TAMU is not releasing admission to engineering , yet. There are some kids who got notified already ( I don’t know the reason) but they have one similarity - quite high SAT/ACT scores.

Your son has great scores. Don’t worry, he’ll do good :slight_smile:

Sallye ---- Son has a 1560 SAT (770v/790m) and GPA of 4.0/4.3.

Also still in review today… SAT 1410 (680 math)

Still in Engineering Review also, 1440 SAT

Still in Engineering Review as well. Top 8%, 1500 sat with 740 math. Applied at the end of september

@S18D20mom: “S18 had nearly a full ride scholarship to UTD and we toured the campus, but for him it was just not the right fit. But for many students it offers a lot of wonderful opportunities and a great learning environment. I highly recommend you visit and see for yourself.”

This is a very good point. There were a bunch of kids from my daughter’s school that got a full ride to UTD last year. If you want an excellent education for a discounted price, this might be a good way to go. And Richardson definitely has a good Asian / Indian community… that’s not a bad thing. Has to do with UTD being in the “Tech Corridor”

It says I was accepted into engineering review. Does that mean I got into engineering?

@pewfec Engineering review means they’re considering you for engineering. General engineering will be the major.