TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

It says my application is complete and in review but under my major it now says General Engineering. Does this mean I’m now under engineering review or will it specifically say that on the AIS?

DD got six tabs this morning. In a bit of a state of shock because DD is a review admit for college of engineering, and I thought that review admits weren’t accepted into the university until Dec/Jan/Feb timeframe (and then the engineering school after that). And I haven’t seen any review admits get six tabs mentioned on this site to date. AIS hasn’t been updated though with a “Congratulations…” But I did notice that AIS has been updated with changing the first choice major from “Computer Science” to “General Engineering.” So, DD took that as a good sign as well. Does this mean an acceptance???

When did you apply: 7/2/19
Class Rank: 26.9%
SAT (with Sub Scores): N/A
ACT (with Sub Scores): 32 Composite; 35 Math; 35 English
When did you receive your admission decision: Official is pending (but six tabs today 10/16/19)
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science, College of Engineering
Classes: AP Calc BC and AP Physics in junior year, currently taking Multivariable Calculus/Differential Equations, AP Chemistry and AP Comp Sci
Lots of extra-curriculars with a focus on math and science
Lots of community service
No letters of recommendation were submitted in application
OOS

@nukerules the exact thing happened to me and I’m a review admit as well.

hi! sorry to ask this again, but what are the “six tabs”? My son’s application also changed to “General Eng” in the major column, so I wanted to understand better. Thanks!

Log into Howdy, and at the top of the page (above the content) you will see menu tabs. There are usually 3 tabs, but when they become 6 tabs, they are labeled: Home, Applicant, My Record, My Finances, Student Life, My Howdy.

Thank you! I do see the 6 tabs now, not sure how many were there before as we did not check it until now. AIS still says In Review but the major changed to General Engineering. Should I freak out? :slight_smile:

That’s awesome you guys. Definite admittance into tamu and assuming engineering!!! It is early but if you are on the cusp for auto or academic, and applied early, we have seen this for both engineering and mays last year. So Whoop!!! Welcome to Aggieland.

omg! Well, my kid is Review, I don’t want to get excited yet, I mean, I am :slight_smile: but I want to see it in the AIS too, thank you so much for all your help!

Anyone with an OOS kid that was admitted in previous years know how to handle NSC, Fish Camp, Impact Camp and move in? I don’t want to fly back and forth multiple times to Texas plus drive to Texas for move in day but I’m looking at all the dates and I don’t see another way around it. Any advice from a veteran?

I would select one camp, not both. It’s exhausting. The last fish camp puts you around the beginning of howdy week. I haven’t looked at last nsc. But you could always do early nsc and then last fish camp with move in to tie that together.

NSC is the only required event right?

@Sybylla correct. Besides move in lol.

I’ve received the six tabs in the Howdy portal, however I don’t see any mention about General Engineering in either the AIS or Howdy, it just says UNEN. Is this still a surefire sign that I got accepted into engineering?
(In-state applicant)

So everyone who got 6 tabs today are engineering folks right? No one liberal arts or mays? I’m so anxious waiting for my decision lol. I’m majoring in poli sci btw.

@laurarwrites Yup. I believe that for Poli Sci you simply will be put into that major when you receive your acceptance to TAMU.

@ATHEOM if it says UNEN then you are still in engineering review. It will say General Engineering once you have been accepted into engineering.

@AggieMomhelp we can’t do a super early NSC because he doesn’t graduate until first week of June. Then we have a conflict for the following week. So my plan was to do a mid June NSC, have him do back to back fish camp and impact camps in late July/early August. So that’s still 2 flights and then a drive to Texas for move in. When is move in normally? Mid August, late August? Plus I want to squeeze in a good family vacation before he leaves and who knows what all he has on his plate with friends before they all leave for college.

@TexasAggie99 move In starts the weekend before howdy week which howdy week is the week before school starts. Some dorms allow you to do early move in but there’s a fee. White creek on campus is usually mid August with no fee (I believe my son moved in on the 15th his fish year).

Unless your son is a camp enthusiast I highly recommend only one camp. Both are great. One Christian based and one is Tamu. Fish camp will give him a good group of people and 2 upper class man that will plan outings at the beginning of the year to help with the transition. Both camps are exhausting and most regret doing both if they do them back to back. It’s just a lot. Not sure when fish camp dates will come out. First one is typically the last week of July.

Nsc is just 2 days and the first one is long the 2nd is til like 3 (you leave right after you register which begins around 2 typically). You can also go the pre nsc day at 3 and knock out some stuff before the rush like Id card, sports pass, etc. So you could fly in early on pre day, stay 2 nights and boogies out on a late flight the final day.

But yes, all in all, OOS students don’t get the convenience of instate but it’s doable.

What time are decisions usually released if I got six tabs yesterday?

@cooldude234 My son got 6 tabs on Monday morn. admitted on AIS on Tues and then finally on Howdy on Wed. Still in Engineering Review

@cooldude234 My son woke up to 6 tabs two weeks ago. It changed in Howdy that day. AIS a day or two later. But, he is STILL sitting in engineering review… He was an Academic Admit. His SAT/ACT was not quite as high as the people I have seen already getting accepted into engineering though, so i’m guessing it will be a longer wait for us.