TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@beanonymous Thank you! I was told that they select from the pool of engineering applications. Is there a separate application to submit to Blinn or engineering academy I should know about just in case?

@cjrm11 I donā€™t think so. I believe most kids ā€œadmittedā€ to Texas A&M and applying to engineering will likely be offered one of the alternative engineering programs if not admitted directly to College Station.
It might be a good option for some, but might not be for others. While itā€™s likely less expensive, youā€™ll have to deal with fees at both institutions and commuting. Also, thereā€™s no guarantee of admittance to A&M. So thereā€™s a chance you could go and spend a bunch of money only to be told you didnā€™t make the cut.

@cjrm11 The residual act is scored in 24 hours and reported directly to admissions since itā€™s done at TAMU. It also shows you are serious about TAMU. The fee is more than normal ACT cost.

Also, no separate application at this time for Academy. If offered that option or Galveston or McAllen, youā€™ll get instructions to follow to complete the process.

As for the commute to Blinn and TAMUā€¦ buses run all the time. This is a non issue. Thereā€™s also various parking areas that you can drive part way to campus and pick up a bus. OR get a parking pass at both campuses. The drive time is about 15 minutes. Again, non issue. Everything here takes 15 minutes to get to, lol.

@cjm11 I am in a similar situation. I plan on doing the TAMU residual ACT second wk of Nov to push my app into Academic Admit. My plan is to accept only a full admit or TEAM.
I would rather wait a year and ace my SAT and/or ACT again and reapply for full admit next year.
I am not sure what to do if I am admitted to the school, donā€™t get engineering but get accepted into the humanities dept. (2nd choice). I could work the transfer into the ENG school from the inside or defer a year.

@aggiemomhelp Thank you very much for the information! That is very helpful!

When did you apply: 10/8/19
Class Rank: 6.5%
GPA: 4.0/4.80
SAT (with Sub Scores). 1600 (800 Math, 800 English)
ACT (with Sub Scores)
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/15/2019
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: 1) CS (Engineering)

Can anyone please comment on the post that I sent? I really want to know my sonā€™s chances and based on your feedback will ask my son to take the next steps

When did you apply: 10/17/19
Class Rank: 14/765
GPA: 3.87unweighted/5.2 weighted
SAT (with Sub Scores). 1260 (590 Math, 670 English)
ACT (with Sub Scores)
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/21/2019
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: 1) Biomedical Sciences/BS

IB Diploma Candidate

@Aggie2002Dad With engineering he has a good chance at getting some type of offer. If itā€™s possible, he needs to get to TAMU and take the residual ACT (google it for details or search this thread). He should bump a point to become academic admit which may help his chance at full admit engineering. Best of luck and keep us posted.

Thank you very much @AggieMomhelp. He will be taking the ACT Test on 26th Oct i.e. coming Saturday. Do you recommend to appear for the residual ACT too?

When will scores come out for the Oct. one?

@AggieMomhelp the score will come during mid of November

@AggieMomhelp, I checked and found that the ACT score for his test on 26th OCT will be published on 12th Nov.

Thanks

Then I would wait. If itā€™s not at the 30 mark plus required sub scores for eng and math, then Iā€™d schedule the residual ACT at tamu.

@AggieMomhelp - Are there any dates that the Engineering review folks have to hit for early admits? Our son was accepted in September so just wondering if they have to let everyone know by mid November? or December? Sorry to ask redundant questions but it just seems so random. Also I am assuming you donā€™t have to accept admission until the review is done? Or does it help?

If you met the early admission deadline Oct.15 and are auto or academic admit, they will let you know about engineering admit in December. Or they have time until December. It can be sooner, but thatā€™s what they say on AIS. You really canā€™t accept admission if you choose major engineering and waiting for review. You will accept it once they admit you to engineering, or if you change major to something else.

Just registered for the December ACT date to try to get my scores up! Super nervous but hopefully it will bump my scores up to be eligible for some scholarships

Last year there were those that were admitted it Tamu early but were deferred til January for engineering decision. I donā€™t know the percentage but it is possible that in December you get the message that youā€™re deferred. Hope not, just donā€™t want anyone to be shocked if it happens.

When did you apply: 10/24/19
Class Rank: 25.3% (i know)
GPA: 3.1/4 UW 4.1 W
SAT (with Sub Scores). 1400 (670 Math, 730 English)
ACT (with Sub Scores)
When did you receive your admission decision: waiting
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: 1) BIMS then Bio

Iā€™m super close to being an academic admit, but since there are so many people who apply here and I think I might get rejected. What are my chances of getting in?

@laurawrites I would take the residual ACT at Texas A&M campus - taking the test in December will be too late. You will get scores within 24 hours. https://testing.tamu.edu/Exams/ACT

@kime100 My son applied for BIMS major last year with a rank of 12% and ACT of 29 (met minimum for both English and Math sections) - he was a quarter of a point from 29.5 which would have rounded up to 30. He got PSAā€¦which is still a rejection; however, he is at TAMU CC doing very well (As so far) and plans to transfer for sophomore year per PSA agreement.