TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

His second choice of major was Biology, and he is in state.

Oh wait let me clarify. Accepted Into BAC-ENGE-CS

When did you apply: 9/28, SAT Recieved on Oct 14
Class Rank: Does not RANK. Estimate between 15-25%
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1480 720R 760M
ACT (with Sub Scores)
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/29/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: CS

I think 10/28 to 10/31 is a wave in which TAMU sends admission decisions

My son received his acceptance to General Engineering for College Station campus yesterday!! We are all excited. He has received a couple of other acceptances and is still waiting on a few more but A&M is his first choice!!

When did you apply: August 1
Class Rank: assigned First Quarter
SAT (with Sub Scores) did not take
ACT (with Sub Scores) 33 composite ( 33 math, 33 science, 33 english, 32 reading).
When did you receive your admission decision: Sept 13
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic Admit
When did you receive your Engineering decision: October 29
Major/College of Choice: Industrial Engineering

I was out of town when my daughter submitted her TAMU application. When I look at her information online, it states that the scholarship application had to be submitted with the application. She did not do it. If anyone knows any way to submit for scholarships after the application has been submitted, I would very much appreciate the information.

@astrodreamsmom Per Apply Texas, she can still apply for scholarships after admission portion sent as long as it is before the app deadline. Read #8
https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/html/faq_scholarship.html#scholarship7

Know that university merit scholarships are few and far between for high achieving students. In engineering, they are a dime a dozen unless National Merit Finalists. Do the FASFA, as any need based aid (including loans) will be determined from it.

Do you know what numbers theyā€™re looking for for merit scholarships? Thanks.

Iā€™m very concerned
I am first quarter, 1430 SAT (790 math 630 English) / (770 Math 660 English)
I applied August 15th for Engineering

I got accepted to the school at the beginning as an academic admit but Iā€™m still in Engineering Review. People who have applied way after me with similar stats have gotten accepted to Engineering. Should I be concerned? Like so many of my friends got accepted and I feel like my stats arenā€™t that behindā€¦(also I applied pretty early)

@icedmachiato large Merit awards seem to be awarded to students whom they are trying to attract to attend A&M. NM Semi Finalists can be awarded the Craig and Galen Brown Foundation scholarship but all of them wonā€™t.

For a top nationally ranked university, high caliber applicants are plentiful and there is no need to try to attract them. They flock in droves. Less competitive universities and colleges will offer students worthwhile merit awards to entice them to attend. While there are students who do receive merit awards, and because there are so many with really high competitive scores, there isnā€™t money for them all and it makes A&M appear stingy. The ones offered through Apply Texas are better than nothing and will be enough to cover partial dorm costs per year.
Here is a list of freshmen scholarships through apply Tx at A&M.

http://scholarships.tamu.edu/FRESHMEN/University-Scholarships#0-AcademicAchievementScholarships

There is the Brockman Foundation scholarship for STEM students and is a 5 year degree program for 4 year undergraduate STEM degree with Business Masters degree. 1400 is the minimum SAT/32 ACT and very competitive. https://brockmanfoundation.org/scholarship-program/

In addition to these, there are need based scholarships that are awarded.

In Short, have a plan of how to fund college at A&M and if a little help comes along the way, great. Just donā€™t hold your breath or wait until May 2 to figure out where the funds are coming from. It happens every year on the forum, where other schools offered money but the student wants to be an Aggie, and then at the end of the day, there was no help coming from A&M and the student has already accepted their admissions decision and the May 1 deadline has passed and now cannot change to another school who accepted them and offered a full ride, etc, etc

@LuckyDudeAggie You will get accepted. There is no rhyme or reason with why certain decisions come out before others. We have tried to figure it out for many years now.
Also, the Oct 15 early application date is arbitrary. It is not uncommon for some who applied after that date to receive a decision by December and those who applied before it to be deferred until January. It happens every year.

@AggieMomhelp I am looking for information on what events are required for freshman who want/plan to join the Corps of Cadets. I know NSC is required for all but was thinking there was something else for Corps members? Iā€™m just struggling trying to find where I had read something. Iā€™m just looking ahead as far as scheduling trips to TAMU this summer as we are OOS. Thank you for your guidance!

@sallye fish are required to report 9 days before classes start. There will be no other time during the summer that they have to be on campus.

Does anybody know how frequently the batches of decisions come out for ENG? Iā€™m getting increasingly nervous as Iā€™m still stuck in review (academic admit), and I applied pretty early (August 30th).

My son is in the same boat. I guess you all have to just wait. I donā€™t even think they have a special order, it looks very random.

There seems to be some loose order to the batches. The earlier batches seemed to be OOS students with exceptional SAT/ACT scores and GPAs and auto/academic admits, but thereā€™s nothing I can do now but wait.
It is comforting seeing that others are in the same situation as I am though. Best of luck to your son!

My son is also academic admit and still waiting for engineering.

My son applied to TAMU in July for sport management. Top quarter (12%). 3.6 unweighted. 4.0 weighted. Soccer. Part-time job. Will complete 8 AP courses. SAT was 1180. I gather that a review admit with these credentials is not likely to get full admission. I wonder about the alternate pathways, i.e., Blinn Team or the PSA program. What are the stats of those who get those options?

My son applied around the same time with very similar stats to your son as a review admit, and he was admitted this week, so Iā€™d say there is definitely a chance for full admission. His GPA and SAT were just a tad higher but really not too much. He is a Meteorology major.

Regarding order of notification of engineering acceptance: I have a completely unfounded theory that A&M notified those who could apply auto admit to UT (top 6%) before November 1 (UTā€™s priority deadline) to perhaps get some students to decide not to bother applying to UT, since they are already fully admitted to A&M. My daughter did not submit her application to A&M until October 15 and was notified of admission to engineering on October 28. Are there any top 6% students who are still waiting on engineering review from A&M?

@astrodreamsmom my daughter is also auto admit to UT and got her engineering acceptance this week.

But she has already applied and been accepted to UT (not engineering yet, though), so who knows?

What is the facebook page I can possibly join?!