TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

thank you so much, its too late to send the other one anyway so im not going to worry about it, thank you

I think itā€™s stated on their website. Youā€™re expected to send them all in but they will only look at the highest in one sitting. Not sure the intention and how/if they will check.

I think part of the confusion might be on the college board website. If I recall correctly- the college board website might have TAMU listed as a school that requires you send all scores (when you are actually in the process of paying and sending- like you get a warning message ā€œthis school may require you send all results - are you sure you want to send just Julyā€

I wonder why that would be the case though. They donā€™t care about anything other than what you send in. Maybe this year is different. My friendā€™s kiddo last year took the SAT and ACT 9 times and only sent in top score from each. FYI, they were admitted. So is this new?

TAMU website just notes that all scores need to be received by deadlineā€¦ that doesnā€™t mean you have to send in all scoresā€¦just the one you want them to review. It even states, that ā€œif you choose to send themā€ it could be up to 2 to 4 weeks once you submit the request but must be in by the deadline.

@icedmachiato can you show me where they said that? i cant find it, i only saw it on prepscholar

@BlueBayouAZ i never got that message when submitting, i really donā€™t know what to do

@AggieMomhelp thank you again, so you think its okay that i only submitted 1 out of the 2 tests i took?

@AggieMomhelp @m0tionsickn3ss

When my daughter sent her SAT scores in the Spring, the College Board site forced us to submit all SAT scores based on A&Mā€™s requirements coded in their system (it would let us submit only 1 score to other colleges, but not A&M even though we were doing Score Choice for all submissions). So it wasnā€™t A&M that would know how many SATā€™s were taken, but the College Board.

Since then, other Parents confirmed that the College Board site let them submit 1 score to A&M. So sometime between Spring & Summer, something must have changed at College Board to allow the 1 score submission to A&M. As long as the site allows you to do it, thereā€™s no reason to submit more scores to A&M unless you have a higher score that would benefit you to do so.

@m0tionsickn3ss go to tamu admissions. Look at FAQs. Also, you can ask via chat. It was after 4 when I tried and they are closed for chat. If I think about it tomorrow, Iā€™ll try again

So I definitely think you are good to go!!! Hang in there. Donā€™t overthink anything but do make sure you have everything in and all check marks are on Ais. Good luck

This is what I recall happening with my daughter.

Regarding test scores and submissionsā€¦ I just spoke to Betty in Admissions office. You only need to submit the scores you want submitted. Whether you took it once or 5 times, you can choose which score to send in. OR you can send in all of them and they only look at the one that benefits you the most. BUT you are NOT required to send in everything. Iā€™m sure they prefer not to have to look at every score. = )

When my son went to SNWC in April, he was told to send in all scores - so thats what he has been doing. Sure would have saved some $ (sending additional reports to other colleges) if he had realized things had changed.

When did you apply: 10/27 but not complete until 11/1

Class Rank: first quartile according to SRAR

SAT (with Sub Scores): n/a

ACT (with Sub Scores): 34 composite (35 math, 35 English, 33 Science, 33 Reading)

When did you receive your admission decision: 11/5

Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic Admit

Major/College of Choice: Mays Business School

@BlueBayouAZ

ā€œ60% is STEM (69% if you include Ag as STEM)ā€

Payscale lists Texas A&M as 30% STEM. Itā€™s also not listed among engineering schools that need to be at least 50% STEM.

https://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report/best-schools-by-type/bachelors/public-schools

Texas A&M Kingsville is listed as 53% STEM though.

Anyone starting to feel like engineering is waiting to really release acceptances until December 15 (or whatever they consider ā€œmidā€ December?

@Boogie818 Iā€™m right there with you. This wait is agonizing. Iā€™m more impatient about it than my son isā€¦

Yeah - Iā€™m not sure how I value payscale. TAMU started as an all male (Hell, my UT Chemical Engineer daddy had already graduated before TAMU admitted women - 1963) Agricultural and Mechanical program. I think that is certainly the precursor what we call STEM. I am just going off the data they (and other schools) are required to report to the feds. The link you provided deals with salary data and is not illustrative of the stem issue.

And if you look at this link - they seem to be reporting Old SAT data. Just look at the numbers. This does not appear to be an updated/accurate source.

https://www.payscale.com/research/US/School=Texas_A%26M_University_-_Main_Campus/Salary

Iā€™m not sure about this site as Iā€™m not very familiar with it. However, I think the fact that TAMU is ranked in the top 25 schools says a lot! Especially when you consider the location of many of those schools. Texas is far less expensive to live in than anything in the North East or in California. Therefore is would make since that the average TAMU graduateā€™s salary would be less than the ones in some of those other places.

My DS was accepted to TAMU Engineering as a review admit.

We are all pleased as we didnā€™t expect a decision this quickly.

especially frustrating as there are some December 1 merit scholarship deadlines out there

Would you mind to share his STATS with us?