TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Received my engineering decision! So dang happy that the wait is over! Good luck to all that are still waiting!!!

On.kwon, are you international?
Why are you “planning on applying on 11/14/2019”?

@AggieMomhelp That’s awesome to know! Thank you so much for all the information!!

I checked AIS today and it had General Engineering as my First Choice Major. I also checked Howdy and I have 6 tabs. Does this mean i’m accepted into A&M??

@AnikethB, yes and congratulations!

Hi,
I checked howdy and found that my son has 6 tabs but does not specify whether he is in or not. It shows General Engineering as his major and College Station and is still showing “Under review”. Does that mean he is in or still need to wait?

Regards

@Aggie2002Dad When you are in Howdy, go to the applicant tab and then look under “ manage application “. If he is in, it will say Program: BAC-ENGE-XX and location: College Station

My son has 6 tabs and major changed from Mays to second choice. It looks like Mays is full!

Thanks. Yes his Major is saying “ENGE”., Program “BAC-ENGE-CV” and Location is “College Station”. But the application status is still “Under Review”.

Chances for a Review Applicant??? Applied for Health BS
When did you apply: Applied Nov. 11 , About to finish with AIS Stuff so will be submitted in full hopefully by this weekend of Nov. 16th.
Class Rank: 59/546 Top 10.8% !! (so close for auto) :frowning:
SAT: 1150
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Health BS, 2nd Choice: Biology

I’m a review applicant, (applying late ikik) But I have the best hopes of getting full admission or Blinn team hopefully. Any Review admits get in ? My essay, Letters of Rec, and Expanded Resume are pretty strong I believe, but I feel that applying late is not going to do any good for me! :frowning: Any hope?

@Aggie2002Dad Your son is in. Congratulations!!! It takes the AIS longer to update for some reason.

@Aggie2002Dad to add to what I just said. Is what you are referring to in the Manage Applications? Does it say Whoop! You have been admitted? If so then what I said previously is true.

@Petefred , no the Manage Application still says “Under review” but the major is changed and has 6 tabs.

Thanks.

@Aggie2002Dad His AIS screen should update within 24 hours. My sons Howdy page updated yesterday, and his AIS today. congrats!!

@Aggie2002Dad then sorry I jumped the gun. Sometimes the Manage Applications tab is updated before AIS. My son was “under review” from Sept 20 - Oct 22. Then someone on this board indicated that a bunch of kids were just accepted and to look at Manage Applications where it said Whoop! You have Been Admitted. Sorry for my enthusiasm for you. It is an arduous process but hang in there.

Yes, same here. Last time his ais updated first but this time howdy. Best wishes to those still waiting!

My son was accepted into the engineering program this morning at College Station!

When did he apply: 7/2/19
Class Rank: Homeschool - top 25%
SAT: 1440 (730-Math, 710-R/W)
ACT: 32
When did he receive his admission decision: 9/23/19
Are you Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic
Major/College of Choice: Engineering

We haven’t seen a lot of Mays students. Shocked it’s already full. Shocked and not shocked i guess.

@camniicole Girl why did you wait on applying? Your rank may save you, but SAT is really low so you may fall into waiting after new year. Hard to tell. I do think you have a great shot with that ranking, especially if everything else is up to speed. Best of luck.

To all that heard back today
 Cheers and Whoop. Welcome to the Aggie Family. To those still waiting
 just breathe. You got this.

To all who were accepted- congratulations, that is incredible! When did the email come through in relation to the AIS update? My daughter applied July 23rd and we’re dying to hear! She’t top 18% with a GPA of 102.8. SAT of 1320. Varsity dance 4 years, NHS, Hospital clinical rotations and invited to go to Aggie for a Day in October. She’s already been accepted and offered scholarships to UMHB and UT Arlington.

Can anyone explain to me why the late applications? AT is almost the earliest uni application open.