TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

TAMU received the SAT scores finally … relief. Now it is showing Major as “Engineering Review”. As said before, he is in top 7% so does that meant he is accepted into TAMU but is waiting for acceptance into Engineering, correct ? If so, should I see something under the My Letters tab ? Thanks …

@slimjim001 I believe it’s always been top 10%. I got in that way with a less than stellar score (like 1000 sat). I graduated with a degree in finance in 4 years with a 3.4 GPA. I do get what you’re saying and there are definitely those that graduated with high rank and poor scores that drop within the first year OR have really low gpas like a 2.0 freshman year and then they pull it together. My daughter was top quarter with a 21 ACT didn’t get in. Went to Ok state her fish year and transferred over to TAMU. Graduated a semester early. So test scores really aren’t a great indicator alone nor is class rank. You will do fine regardless, so no worries there.

College is a different beast and even if someone has the rigor, rank, test scores etc, the transition and struggle is real. Everything seems to even out Sophomore year from what I’ve seen. The cream always rises.

Yes, congrats! definitely accepted to tamu. Now waiting for engineering review. Don’t think there will be an issue there. Yes, check my letters tab. Or you may even get an email with status that you’ve been accepted but under review.

Thanks…since our daughter is also holistic review (applied day apps opened), and applied to Unversity Studies: SEAL, I’m curious how you know that (at least) one Education Major App has been accepted? Where are you getting/gathering your stats. Our daughter has not seen any acceptances except for top 10% auto admits.

I was reading on tamu scholarship website. I see some merit scholarships and the requirements are not that crazy. Are these accurate? Or are they just the minimum and there are more qualified students than the funds are available? I read somewhere up here that they don’t give out much scholarship. What are the numbers they (actually) look for to offer some merit scholarship? Thanks.

@2NDGENAGGIE I believe one Education major holistic review candidate who is on this thread was accepted last month. My son was a holistic review candidate in Geosciences and got accepted also last month, so they are beginning to make their way through the holistic review applications.

@2NDGENAGGIE My daughter was a holistic review for Animal Science and was accepted 10/31. Her rank was right under 28% and ACT was 32.

STA-RRRREEEEESSSSSED!

My daughter’s page just bumped to six tabs and under those tabs it’s listing her as Communications Major. But her AIS status is still In Review. When will we know for sure? Stressed, indeed!!

Congrats to you and your daughter, ATX2024. My son is still waiting. He applied for engineering. I am concerned about the size, because the engineering school is larger than most universities. However, he enjoyed the campus visit and loved the engineering facility. Plus, he has multiple friends there (and others who have been accepted). So, he is anxiously awaiting a decision. He is top quarter in state with a 1300 SAT (700 Math). Stats show that he has a decent shot to admission to the university generally, if not engineering, but I expect that there is a a lot of noise in the stats. He is a varsity sports captain with lots of volunteer and leadership roles, but it seems like that is not as exceptional as others on this board. He has strong recommendations, as I expect all do. He is a legacy, but TAMU does not consider that. Also, he is not interested in the Blinn route. So, I feel that he has about a 25-30% shot, as he anxiously clicks on Howdy multiple times a day.

That was my daughter I posted about a few weeks ago-- she was a review admit with an Education major. She applied 7/1… top 25% of her class… 28 ACT… got acceptance around the end of October. She’s thrilled but has no idea why she was accepted already.

Okay so I don’t know what this means… can someone explain to me? I checked my HOWDY portal this morning and a ton of new tabs popped up that were originally not there before like “register” “unofficial transcript” “grades” which should only pop up if I am accepted. My friends said they had those tabs appear once they got their acceptant letters. It is very strange though because on my AIS it still says my app is in review, but the portal looks like an accepted student’s portal. Hoping this is not a glitch:)

@ATX2024 Mine did the exact same! I am hoping this means accepted.

When you get 6 tabs, you are accepted. No doubt. Can y’all both repost your stats for the group? Just rank, scores, anything outstanding on ECs etc

That is so amazing to hear!!! I hope the AIS updates soon!

STATS:

Major: Education
ACT: 26
GPA: 3.8/4.0 Unweighted
Class Rank: 1st Quarter
Activites: competition dancer, dance instructor, editor in chief of school yearbook, national honor society, multiple school and dance awards.

Sure. Still no letter or change in AIS, but lots of tabs. My daughter’s stats are as follows:

GPA: 4.0 unweighted and a 102.2 weighted
ACT: 29 (30 superscore, although we did not send all tests taken)
Lots of Dual Credit and AP classes
Class rank: Top quartile is all AIS said, because not 10 percent, but she’s top 10.3% at competitive school
She’s a varsity volleyball player, has a few other leadership roles, works and over 100 hours of service.

She also applied to Georgia (got deferred) and UT, which we do not expect to get. This was a relief and now. Good luck to you guys. This whole process is way too stressful. It seems like back when I was registering for schools, I filled out a scan tron and sent a check. Ugh.

WHOOP!!! Congrats to you!!! Praying that’s great news for our daughter. 29 ACT, same GPA as yours. Golf Team at 6A HS (Freshman - Junior…interning at Law Firm Senior Year)…only difference is, with that GPA, she’s not top Quartile. @ 40 Service hours/year. Hoping to confirm Acceptance any day now b/c ONLY applied to TAMU! :slight_smile:

Surely, she’ll hear something soon. Good luck!!

For those going into Engineering do yourself a favor and start learning Python programming language. The first engineering course ENGR 102 is an introduction to programming in Python. There are several students that have little to no programming experience and are struggling in this class. If you know another programming language like Java it’s not a bad idea to get familiar before taking this class in the Fall.

I just started stalking looking for any insight as to how the timeline is for holistic review for my daughter. When you say “tabs” on portal , what am I looking for?

My daughter applied October 6th. She applied as Political Science as her 1st choice and history as 2nd. She has ACT of 29, Typical NHS. She has over 300 hours volunteer hours and a lot are involving progressive hours for one non profit. The thing that may hinder her is because she transferred her sophmore year to another school within same charter school system and then transferred back her senior year. The class is only 74 students and although she scores well in her AP testing , she is not 10% due to the transferring.