TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Still plenty of time for engineering.

And @m0tionsickn3ss do not withdraw. That would be absolutely ridiculous. I’m frustrated that it would even be a thought of yours. Lol I know, I get attached to y’all and want you to succeed. What is your second choice? You’ll get in based on merit not major, so if business is full like we think, then what’s your second choice and what is your career goal? For instance my son (class of 2022) wanted Mays so bad. He got into A&M in December of his year but it was full. He wanted to do something in finance so he went by way of economics. Great major and sets you up nicely for anything a finance major can do plus more. He then realized he’s not as great with numbers as he thought lol. So he applied to mays as change of major. Got in with a Tamu gpa of 3.65. Going into mgmt pre law. My point… you’d don’t know what you don’t know. If you pull your app then you’re potentially taking away a huge opportunity you aren’t even considering at your young age. Does that make sense?

My daughter is in agony waiting for the holistic review… TAMU is the only school she wants to go to. It has the very best program for her major. It’s the only one this state. It never fills up (smaller major in agriculture) but reading everyone’s stats, I’m nervous.
GPA 3.95 weighted
18% in her class
AP Bio 4
AP World History 3
29 hrs Dual Credit
SAT 1220 - refused to use accommodations for Dyslexia ?

2 yrs of JV tennis

4 years of FFA with numerous awards
Raised animals for local and major shows, participated in leadership and career oriented UIL, served as an FFA Ambassador for state convention

Achieved the highest award in a career oriented contest at the national level in direct connection to her major. She received a letter from Auburn congratulating her and basically recruiting her. Now she’s thinking about applying.

NHS
Volunteer Organizations
Part time jobs year round
100”’s of hours of volunteering every year
The advisors already told her she would automatically qualify for scholarships if she gets in. They said Blinn team is not a good options and none of the other schools have her major. Now what?

And she did all this while missing the max number of days you can miss under the UIL rules plus missing 5 days that were filed as a field trip every year for 4 years. I believe everything should be holistic like a job interview in the real world. When I see the top 10 students lined up for graduation and they have no MHS stohl and no extra curricular, I’m not impressed. My daughter could have been top 10 if that’s all she did.

She applied in September.

Where will we see tabs at? Just worried sick:( also how often and when do they normally let people know decisions?

When did you apply: Early Action
Class Rank: Unranking
ACT (with Sub Scores): 33 Composite (36 Math, 34 Science, 32 Reading, 30 Writing)
When did you receive your admission decision: Early November
Admit Type: Academic
Major/College of Choice: 1) Engineering 2) Business Administration

I’m confused why I’m in the top quarter of my graduating class… my high school counselor told me that I’m in the top half (my school doesn’t do official rankings, but she gave me an approximate), but TAMU said I’m in the top quarter.

@tp3208 that is a good thing and along with your strong scores it allowed you to be admitted as academic admit. Congratulations! TAMU has an algorithm they use for non-ranking schools but no one knows how it is calculated. Your counselor likely just gave you a generic answer.

@AggieAgMom The waiting is so hard! But, you all are in the home stretch. Decisions will be out soon!

Your student is clearly a strong student. And, “stats” are only 50% of the picture. TAMU loves students who distinguish themselves, and pursue their passions. Not seeking an impacted major may be helpful too. I think that if your daughter was able to convey her distinguishing features with strong writing and supplements, that she has a solid chance for admission. Still, please have backups! It’s great when kids know what they want, and go all in for it, but in college admissions, ALWAYS have backups. So, she should apply to Auburn (if she still has time), if for no other reason than to weigh all of her options before May 1st (decision day).

@hannahaodell the six tabs will appear in the Howdy Portal (not AIS). Don’t worry because you’ve not heard yet. A large amount of decisions will be rolled out over the next 7-8 weeks.

Waiting is the worst part :frowning: I looked at the forum from last year to try and find when people started to receive their 6 tabs but it’s just making me obsess!! TAMU is my dream school, and waiting is just so so hard. But fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone :slight_smile:

We didnt hear until the end of February last year.

Thank you so much for that! That was his response, as well! I guess we will sit back and wait. He’s been accepted to Texas Tech, and UNT which were his match schools. And then, of course, 2 safety schools. Of those he’s leaning toward Tech for the better pre-med programs, but he really wanted TAMU. I’m keeping my fingers for a PSA at the minimum, but hear some prefer BLINN TEAM, I need to read into both further. His first mindset would be no to either, with his rationale being he could just stay local for the year, if he were going to do that. UT was his second reach school. Not expecting that one bit. I have a friend, herself a TAMU grad with 3 TAMU grads of her own and a 4th at A&M Corpus this year on PSA who has decided he wants to remain there and not move back to B/CS. Her advice was not to count him out, yet…but from I’m reading he might have a 10-15% shot, not very hopeful. What’s the earliest regular admission decisions are received? Or does it seem to be truly rolling?

@cookmom You can get more information from the links below. Look closely at the pathways for your son’s major. Blinn TEAM is better since PSA is for those who are denied freshman admission.

With Blinn TEAM, you are take 2 courses at CS and the remaining courses at Blinn college Bryan campus.

http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted

http://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

Hope this helps …

@icedmachiato “In my opinion, without knowledge, other things only have so much value.” I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. My husband and I have owned our own business for 20 years now, and hiring kids fresh out of college, we’ve learned one thing…if there is no drive and passion, the brains don’t matter. You can always teach and train if there’s a will to want to learn it. Of course, this is all within reason of there being some intelligence there. The well rounded individual shows they can handle the stress of several projects, as well as the social aspect of working as a team player. We’ve seen way too many kids that graduated from good colleges (to include A&M), the grades came easy, but they couldn’t adapt to the working environment nor could they work as part of the team. This is simply what we’ve experienced over the years. We now put a lot more emphasis on a potential new hire’s drive, attitude, and willingness to learn and work as a team member.

Does any one know what majors are full? Is Public Health full? If so, what will I be admitted to? General Studies or my second choice major?

At this point, based on previous years - Mays and Viz are full. BIMS is also popular- though I don’t think enough people have reported for the folks on this board to guesstimate.

I was hoping to wake up to 20 plus notifications. Ugh. I guess we wait another week for those 6 tabs to show up. Hang in there people.

Me too. Been checking constantly to see if they are notifying later in the morning, but I’m guessing we’ll have to wait for next week. I’ll still be checking often though! Can’t help myself

How long did it take for you to receive merit scholarship information after being admitted?

We are suffering waiting anxiety here too, and since he’s already been admitted to TAMU Galveston he already has his six tabs. So, we can’t use that as an early sign of acceptance. Just a quick hang in there to everyone else on here in the same boat. The waiting is SO hard.

My guess, judging from last years’ release dates, is that early or late next week could be a wave… we’ll have to wait either way, but something to look for!