TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Do you guys think I have any chance of getting in??

I applied in September
I’m a review admit
I’m majoring in Kinesiology
My school doesn’t rank but the SAR put me in the second quartile
Sat: 1200
Act: 26, 27 with super score
Gpa: weighted 3.4
Have lots of volunteering at hospital
Multiple mission trips to 3rd world countries
Involved in athletic training, softball and soccer
Received many art awards
Involved in art and med club
Working as a life guard currently
Went to kinesiology medical camps
Volunteer in the children’s center at my church
Tutored classmates in anatomy

Please let
Me know what you think, I know my scores are lower but my resume is well rounded and my essay is strong!

@hannahaodell She applied November 29th.
@mikeinsugarland Sure. SAT 1460, GPA weighted 4.13. First choice major Computer Science, second choice: Aerospace Engineering.

Hi all, I have already gotten into TAMU as I am auto admit. I have since been awaiting a engineering decision.

After mid-december, early applicants such as me were told that decisions would be deferred to January.

My dad has called the admissions office 3 times and they have said that decisions should be out by january but there is no guarantee as they might also take till february.

Does anyone have a REALISTIC idea of when i can expect a decision- when they say january, will it literally be jan 31st until I hear back? Please, does anyone have an idea I am extremely anxious TAMU is my dream school.

Also, now thats Its january- it means I dont really have a chance at full engineering, correct? I am assuming I will most likely get BLINN.

@glitzypink my son is the same boat. He applied the first week of August and is an academic admit. Not very many engineering acceptances have been released yet. My husband read on Texags that there were so many applicants this year that they just ran out of time before the holidays and had to defer everyone else.

Hi @ElenaParent Can you give some more details like whether she is in-state or OOS ? What was her rank % ? And whether she got accepted to CS or Aerospace ?

Just trying to give others still waiting an idea what the profiles are of admitted students … Again congrats to your daughter …

@glitzy @Boogie818 Hang in there I believed there are a few more waves/rounds to be given out before end of January based on what I read in past years. Keep your fingers crosses … we are all rooting for you.

After January though, then realistically and most likely it will be for Blinn TEAM and Engineering Academies, Galveston, etc…

As some already said on this forum, during the mean time, check out all the options for Blinn TEAM in Bryan campus and Engineering Academy in Rellis campus so you are prepared to make an informed choice as soon as a decision is given - as these spots will fill up quickly. Just my 2 cents …

NM

Wait so did a wave come out yesterday for review admits to CStat?

@skinnerss no. No wave. The person who mentioned daughters acceptance, I believe, was for engineering. Was already into tamu probably on academic admit. Pretty solid sat but never gave us rank so I’m not positive on that. But no one has received the elusive tabs from Holistic review that we have seen.

That means next week should be a good wave.

@glitzypink No that doesn’t mean you will get Blinn. Two years ago my daughter was auto admit and she got deferred to January for engineering decision and she got full admit to College Station. It will probably depend on your SAT scores especially math. I think we waited until the very end of January (maybe 3rd week).

@mikeinsugarland
I’ll have to wait for her to actually appear at home to get the answer about the major (she is in the gym every day, and doesn’t come home Friday and sometimes Saturday, staying with the team partners, since her gym is 1.5 hours away, and in another state). To learn about the major, she probably needs to log into her portal, or look for a different e-mail. The letter she forwarded to me was actually an invite to the accepted students luncheon in our area, where they asked her to register for the event, since she is now an admitted student…
Yeah, I know. I want to know the details too. Probably today, after practice I’ll be able to actually at least hear her on the phone… This is her second acceptance in one day, on Friday (the other one was Colorado-Boulder), and she has another three acceptances already, and she is still working on some portfolio for another university, working on application to Honors College at another University, and trying to keep track of her total of 24 applications. Please forgive her.

Her high school doesn’t rank, so I can’t tell you the rank. She is OOS (Virginia).

@ElenaParent even though the school doesn’t rank, Tamu will assign a rank. Definitely need more j info to help out those still waiting. Sounds like she’s engineering. Question would be did she get into Tamu or engineering or both at the same time.

@AggieMomhelp ok, thanks! Fingers crossed We hear back next week. ??

@AggieMomhelp @mikeinsugarland
I got a hold of my daughter over the phone. She is admitted to Engineering, UNEN major is on her portal. Now, can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as Honors College, and if yes, how should she apply?
Also, how in the world TAMU can rank a kid’s position in the kid’s high school if the school doesn’t rank? (ASSIGN rank??) I am confused. TAMU cannot possibly know the strength of all other kids in that high school, especially if it is several states away.
For the benefit of other posters, we are talking about OOS girl with SAT 1460, GPA 4.13, three AP classes. No DE classes. She applied to Engineering with the first choice major Computer Science and second choice major Aerospace Engineering.

Accepted OOS student.
when would I hear about possible scholarships?

@ElenaParent Hmm… if her portal is showing Major: UNEN, then it meant that she is still under engineering review. It probably said that “You have been admitted to Engineering Review (UNEN)”.

If she is admitted to engineering, under AIS, it should says “To accept your offer of admission, you should first complete NSC registration …” and it should give her a button to “Register for NSC”. In Manage Applications, it should show Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-CS Location: College Station.

Hopefully, it is the later … if it is not, then I wouldn’t stress too much … it is probably coming in the next 2 weeks.

Mikeinsugarland, ElenaParent :
my son got admitted in October, that’s what he has on his portal under admission. Level : Undergraduate Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-AE Location: College Station

ElenaParent: Sometimes it can be confusing for people. All the shortcuts

@mikeinsugarland
Thanks, Mike. She is not stressing, I am not stressing. She is comping home later today, I’ll look over her shoulder into her portal then. If I figure something specific from her portal, I’ll let you guys know.
Unfortunately, she says she probably will not go to TAMU anyway, since she got a “yes” from Colorado-Boulder Aerospace Engineering, and is still waiting for several other schools, where she is hoping to get at least one “yes” (but it will not happen till end of March).

I am an academic admit for TAMU. Applied Early action, got into the university in october. Have been in Engineering review since. My mid-december decision timeline was deferred to January due to christmas break. My question is: Will they only send me a decision in January if I actually get accepted into Engineering? That is, if i do get rejected, will I get that rejection in January or will they do it in March. Are acceptances the only thing they send out in January? I really really want to be a full-admit to TAMU engineering at CStat but since its already the 2nd week of January- I am assuming its not gonna happen? :frowning:

Glitzy, re state your stats and app date? I am not sure why you are not admitted. Someone here might have an opinion.