TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Pssst! Non-engineering Auto & Academic Admits who have applied early, and have complete applications in review. Check Howdy.

My senior, auto admit for Fall of 2020, woke to up six tabs!

@nomatter How exciting! Congrats!

My son woke up to 6 tabs this morning! I can’t seem to register for housing though. Keeps telling me I need to login but I’m already logged in and the link it gives me doesn’t work. @nomatter were you able to apply for housing?

Can you tell me the significance of six tabs? (My senior is still asleep!)

@DaisyDays it means they were admitted.

6 tabs as well.

Has anyone been able to apply for housing? I can’t get it to work. Not sure if it’s me doing something wrong or their website.

@TexasAggie99 Do you have to accept the admission first to do the housing?

1 Like

@KC5402 I’m not sure. I went to the housing portal link they gave me on his admitted page cause it says he can sign up for housing. That link tells me my session has been timed out and to log in. But I’m already logged in. I think there is something wrong with their page.

Ok we’re in the Howdy account. Across the top are tabs labeled Home, Applicant, My Record, My Finances, Student Life, My Howdy. These six tabs have always been there. I guess she’s not admitted yet? Because nothing looks different. Not sure what we’re looking for. She should be an Academic Admit! This is nerve wracking.

@TexasAggie99 I went back checked the last year’s thread, similar housing problem, could not stay logged in , need to wait a bit, maybe next Monday to do so, hopefully.

When did you apply: 7/1/2019
Class Rank: top 10%
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1450
Math: 740
Reading: 710
ACT (with Sub Scores): N/A
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/13/2019 at 7:45 AM
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Engineering(Biomedical)

@DaisyDays she probably had 3 tabs originally because everyone did. 6 tabs means admitted but if you want to be sure go to her page where you check on her app, her AIS page. It will say flat out, You’ve Been Admitted. Welcome to the Aggie Family.

@TexasAggie99, no, he didn’t attempt to apply for housing. He just checks his accounts before going to school (lessons learned from here on CC, in the event that something has been requested). My student does’t participate in these CC forums, but I’ve told him what six-tabs means. Also, his AIS status hasn’t changed yet. It still says that his application is complete and in review. We saw that last cycle too
 it sometimes takes a while to catch up.

@DaisyDays are you certain that all six tabs were there all along? Typically, there are two or three tabs until the decision is imminent. For acceptances, three tabs turns into six. At any rate, Congratulations! Just the balm for frazzled nerves. Go to the “Student Life” tab, and see if you have the option to apply for housing.

Where are these tabs located once logged into Howdy? My senior logged in but I am seeing numerous tabs so I am not sure if we are in the right place.

AIS SHOWING:
Congratulations, XXX! You’ve Been Admitted!
Welcome to the Aggie Family!
You have been admitted to Engineering Review (UNEN). Your NSC Registration will be delayed until the College of Engineering review has been completed. Files completed by October 15th will be reviewed and a decision notification posted here by mid-December. Decisions will post in mid to late January for files completing after October 15. You may apply for on-campus housing immediately by visiting http://reslife.tamu.edu/.

Welcome to Aggieland!

@KimWill they are across the top of the page in the maroon section. 5 tabs titled Home, Applicant, My Record, My Finances, Student Life, My Howdy.

Does anyone know when the next round of admits goes out?

Also - my son missed being an academic admit by a hair with his ACT comp score of 29. He is taking his ACT’s again tomorrow to get that up. If he does, will he be able to make the jump to academic admit by the next round? Not sure how this works

@TexasAggie99 Yes, I think you’re right. Those six tabs weren’t there all along, my Senior was not looking at Howdy before. So, good news is 6 tabs but AIS still says app is complete and in review. Ugh. Normal for such a delay?!

@nomatter I think my senior was wrong, she wasn’t looking at Howdy before so 6 tabs must be new. I clicked on Student Life tab and it says she can apply for on or off campus housing. Those are all encouraging signs but her AIS still says “My App is Complete and in Review”!

I’m not trusting any of this until she gets the congratulations message. ??
Thank you for helping me out!

Congratulations all!! My daughter has all six tabs but not the welcome message yet on AIS. Hope I haven’t jumped the gun with my excitement