TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Hi all, My son aplied in late July. We are in an agonizing waiting situation as he has offers pending from other schools and A&M is his dream school and has been since 2nd grade!

He applied for COE - Computer Science.

GPA - 4.18
ACt composite - 30
Math27
Reading 35
Science 33
STEM 30

He missed Academic Admit by one point in English.

He has four years in band, lots of ther clubs, tons of leadership positions. He’s done an interniship with computers, lots of volunteer work. He’s taken three AP Comp Sci courses, AP Calculus, and all the AP Science he can.

I feel like at this point we are looking at Blinn Engineering? Is no news on that good news, and if so, when should we hear about that?

Thanks all! This has been soooo stressful.

Someone pinch me!
Please tell me this means what I think it does?
Level : Undergraduate Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-ME Location: College Station

AIS still says in review.

Yep, he’s in :-)) Congratulations !!!

Boogie818: I told you so :-))

OMG- He doesn’t even know yet - LOL

It will be nice surprise :slight_smile: Don’t worry about AIS, it will update eventually. I think that for my son, it took about a day to update.

Congrats @Boogie818

@Boogie818 did Howdy portal just update today for him?

I noticed these last messages and I found out at Howdy that under Manage Applications, my son’s 1st major (Bus Admin) is no longer mentioned but now his 2nd major (Econ) is with location College Station. Is this a good sign he has been admitted for his 2nd major? Application Status still says Under Review.

@Dutchie2024 That is what that means!
Congratulations.

Yes- just this morning

Wow! That is great news. But before telling my son, we will still wait to see AIS change his status.

I am still under review. Any chance they update later in the day? Or should I just set my mind to whenever the next wave may be…

Skinnerss- Actually, I saw my son’s status changed at night. But nothing the morning before. I guess, it can be updated thru the whole day.? That would be my guess.

In Howdy portal under manage applications it says my daughters first choice major - public health and then location it says college station. Does this mean she is admitted?! Application status still says in review.

@AggieMomhelp @aGGieENGiNeeR @AggieMomAgain Whenever you guys refer to an admissions wave, does it mean just the day of or like the rest of the week? Like for instance Boogie’s kid got into engineering today, but is there a chance that not all of the cstat admissions came out this morning? I am really hoping to get into cstat for engineering.

@kreed23 I noticed that my daughter only has political science and location college station. She had history as her 2nd. Did the 2nd drop for your daughter too?

Kreed23 - are you seeing something like this?
“Active Applications”
STATUS: Under Review LEVEL: Undergrad MAJOR: (the major they chose) Program: (program they chose) LOCATION: College Station
“Change Major” “Withdraw application”

My Son’s app show’s:
UIN Name Admission Type Term Major College Degree

XXXXXXXXX Freshman 2020 Fall Computer Science EN BS

Still shows in review. Does that mean he is in?

We are from the midwest and want to schedule a combined trip to TX this spring. My son has already been admitted to Baylor and TTU. We’d love to include TAMU also, but he’s an OOS holistic review candidate, and we are still waiting for a decision which I know could take until March. It has remained “Under Review” in Howdy> Manage Applications the entire time.

So I’m reaching out with his stats to see if one of you super chancers can give us an idea of whether or not it is worth waiting on TAMU. I’m still hopeful we’ll hear this month, but maybe I’m just being optimistic. Thank you in advance!

Applied 8/11/19
OOS white male
Major: Statistics
GPA: 3.9 UW, 5.7/6 W
SAT: 1310 (720 Math)
All Honors when available, 5 APs (Physics 1 & 2, Calc BC, Stats, Macroeconomics), 2 dual enrollment, AP Stats score 4
Sports, volunteering, good essays, great recommendations