TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I’m still waiting

I am crossing my fingers and hoping I see something definitive soon. I am literally biting my nails to keep and checking this forum daily. I figured that I should only check TAMU Howdy/AIS once in the morning instead of checking every 5 minutes at work.

So wait mine says BS-INEN does that mean I got in but my engineering is still in review.

SAme My son’s says:

Application Status: Under Review Level: Undergraduate Major: CECN Program: BS-CECN Location: Colllege Station.

It has said this from the very beginning.

I take that back…I can’t remember if I saw UNEN before on my child’s AIS…maybe I kept seeing it in the Forums so I got confused.

I tried, but I cant figure out a way to post it on here.

So I can NOT speak for engineering admits but anyone else you need 6 tabs.

I THINK if you are engineering and majors change they are currently looking at you so you may see a change soon. Maybe someone else can chime in.

My son got admission into engineering today at CStat. He is holistic review candidate - his HS rank is 2nd quarter and ACT is 32.

@Colhopeful728 - I’m right there with you!

HOWDY & HELP y’all!! Our daughter’s Howdy portal: under “Active Applications:”, only 3 tabs still…BUT, “Application Status: Under Review”, “Level: Undergraduate”, “Major: USLA”, “Program: BA-USLA-SEL”, “Location: College Station”. She now has
“Change Major” & “Withdraw Application” fields/options underneath. Are y’all saying this means she’s “Accepted”?!?!

@2NDGENAGGIE I don’t think so - that was always there - it went away when PSA was offered for my son last year. Hang tight!!

OK…just called Prospective Student Center and they said, “only when you look in your AIS, and it says “Accepted”, you know you’re truly Accepted.”

I screenshotted our AIS a long time ago because it did seem to confuse me and make me think I saw ghostly majors changing. So now i can look and see it has not changed. The change major and withdraw HAS always been there for us, we are not engineering though. Screenshot for sanity moms! It does help.

Nothing has changed for us yet. Congratulations to those who are getting decisions! The waiting is tough hang in there everyone!

Thanks! I, as the mom, don’t have access. i TOLD her you were prob screenshotting, and she should start. :slight_smile: Our daughter is checking everyday, and hasn’t gone that “deep” in the portal except for today. She’s not Engineering either…she’s applying to SEAL in College of Liberal Arts.

So, under My Howdy -->Manage your application –
Does it always just have one major under this? Or should it have two (1st Choice and 2nd Choice)I just found this link today, so I can’t compare if there is a change in My Howdy are not.

I go under Howdy-Applicant-AIS (top)- scroll to very bottom you will see both major one on top labeled major 1 and 2.

AIS has not changed, it still has 2 majors. Okay. I guess, I will just have to wait until we get the notification. I am hoping they release more notices through the week.

I am assuming that if the student get admitted, they will send an email or should we keep checking in AIS/Howdy instead?
My child said that only the top 6% at her school heard back, but no one else she knows that is holistic has heard back… we are in-state

Just to clarify it will list two majors, but this will show you what is your first choice and what was your second to see if anything was changed to your second choice. Does that make sense?

Part of me thinks the admissions team would be getting a huge kick out of watching us analyze our kids’ admissions status down to the individual pixel.
“Mmmm - yes - JustWondering noticed the wind was blowing towards the south today and is asking if that means her son got in. MUAHAHAHAHA!!!” Sorry - I’m so tapped out but I also know I’ll be here all evening.