TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Yes, that is my daughter! Her application was complete much sooner on her TAMU portal than on her UT portal. I’m not sure why it takes TAMU so much longer. With the enormous increase in review applications this year, it seems like TAMU would want to get the auto admits admitted quickly!

My son got 6 tabs a week or so ago for TAMU, but no notification yet! I thought it would come through within a week. Anyone know what day of the week they usually post?

Thank you for posting about UT Austin. I just checked and my son received auto admittance too! Yay! That’s early for UT, isn’t it? I thought TAMU usually sent out acceptances earlier than UT.

@LSchTX Congratulations!! What major did your son get? Or does it say yet? And, I haven’t looked back into last year’s UT threads but it does seem like UT is getting this rodeo going sooner than later! Maybe TAMU will get a fire lit under them and start sending out some acceptances this week too!

He applied as a Math major to UT and a Stats major to TAMU. No Stats major offered at UT. UT is second choice. For UT it just says “You’ve automatically been admitted to Class of 2025 at UT Austin” across the top.
Then 2 things to do are

1. Accept or Decline admission
  2. Enrollment Deposit

Regarding The Dec 1 deadline for scholarships. We are scrambling to complete app by Oct 15 for engineering. slowed by postponement of the SAT subject tests. Can the Scholarship application be submitted separately, closer to the deadline. Thanks

@mscherer Yes, the scholarship app can be submitted after the application, at least thats what we experienced using ApplyTexas. After submitting his app, my son went back to ApplyTexas a couple of weeks later and completed the scholarship app. There were a few short answers for him to complete.

Hi all, can I ask why the engineering application has to be done by Oct 15? We had been targeting the 12/1 scholarship deadline as the deadline to also submit his application. I want to make sure that S21 hasn’t missed noticing a deadline…or rather make that me, Mom, not noticing the deadline since I seem to be the one driving this whole application process for our son. Thanks so much!

@kethra I have no answer for you… but I feel your pain. I feel like I am pushing him through this process instead of him taking the lead!

@kethra From what I see on the admissions website, Oct 15 is the early action date for engineering apps. In the past, if someone submitted their eng app by Oct 15, they would get a reply by a particular date, in theory.

Your son has till early Dec to complete his application, but keep in mind that there is no benefit in waiting (on-campus housing, NSC, departments/locations filling up)? Yes, its hard to get them going and getting things done - its so far away!

From the website…The Fall Early Action Deadline for Engineering majors only is October 15.
The application deadline for Fall is December 1. All other required documents will be accepted through December 15.

Thanks so much @Eggscapgoats! I will write down 10/15 as his deadline on the spreadsheet that I have going for him.

@tmclanton – Yes, I wish he was leading the process instead of me pushing him, but because he might end up qualifying for some merit scholarships, I don’t want him to drop the ball, which would end up costing a lot of money potentially. So here we are nagging and pushing! :slight_smile:

@kethra

October 15 for engineering applicants is the early decision date to hear back in December. This has been an arbitrary date since its inception for the TAMU class of 2021.

Very few, if any, review admits received an engineering decision before January and many auto and academic admit (prior to this cycle) who applied by the early decision deadline, were still deferred to January.

Over the years, many have come up with the thought that it is simply a ploy to get applicants to get those apps in as early a s possible so that they are not over run with a ton of last minute apps, since the engineering review can take additional time and all auto admits must be processed first so they know how many spots are open for review apps.

Don’t sweat the Oct 15 deadline.

Is your son NMF or NMSF contender?
Mine was NM commended and received zero in merit awards (TAMU class 2020)

@Thelma2 Thank you so much for the info! Sorry to hear that NM Commended didn’t net any merit awards! My son is National Hispanic Recognition Program recognized. He unfortunately missed NMSF by one point! :frowning: My understanding from the TAMU website is that TAMU has a National College Board recognition scholarship for $3,500 per year x 4 years guaranteed for National Hispanic scholars, and we are chasing merit at other schools like UTD, UCF, ASU, etc. Right now his 10/3 SAT test locally in WA got canceled, so we just registered for a 10/3 test in Idaho, 4.5 hours away!

According to Betsy Hardi, the Western states Regional Admissions Advisor, regarding the admisisions and scholarships process, she said that they “will accept scores through December 15. If they help your application, we will consider them. If they weaken your application, we will not consider those scores.”

So, my reading is that having a good SAT or ACT score can only help your chances for admission and merit aid. S21 is a good test taker, so we expect that his SAT score could only help, since his UW GPA is a 3.5, although with a lot of course rigor. WA doesn’t rank students, so we have no idea where he ranks compared to his class.

Applying from Louisiana for engineering, we are the same boat as several comments trying to scramble to get things done by 10/15.
Any comments regarding merit or at least chance of out state tuition waived.
My son is not NM however made a 35 on ACT with 4.3/4 GPA. On a that note, there is tons of emphasis on the ACT however hardly any on PSAT which it appears carries more weight with merit Scholarships. My 2 cents anyway.

Apply for Brockman Scholarship.
https://brockmanfoundation.org/scholarship-program/

Hello everyone. Thankfully someone mentioned this forum and recommended I ask my question to all of you. My son is top 10% but one of the last ones. If he is accepted but then he falls out of the top 10 on his 7 semester transcript, will it be revoked? We have had a lot of kiddos in the senior class switch to homeschooling or do accelerated English to graduate in December and are no longer part of his class. There is a good chance that he could drop out of top 10.

@BEPLBC It is my understanding that once they are accepted, it does not matter if they fall out of top 10%. I don’t think there is anything to worry about! Take that top 10% and ride on through!

Thank you. The class size dropping significantly is just one of the side effects of Covid that he hadn’t planned on.

He has the 6 tabs and two other potential indicators I saw on the Class of 2024 parent thread so I’m hopeful. Last year the first group was notified the afternoon of Thursday, 9/19 so I’m super curious to see if that holds true for this year’s group tomorrow.

I hope so too. I just saw online that the housing portal opens up tomorrow, 9/18. Does anyone know someone who has already been admitted? Even being auto admit makes the waiting hard. We have had 6 tabs for a long time and everything has been complete and in review for over a month.

@Rmj724 I don’t think anyone has been accepted. I think they do the first batch at 1 time. From looking at past data, it does look like Thursdays are a common day that they release acceptance, so I am hoping that today is the day!

@ all… top 10% is only based on the 6th semester standing… no worries.

I find it odd that many of the auto admits have had the 6 tabs for so long without formal acceptance. I do promise that it does mean acceptance is coming. In the past we have seen roll outs on Tuesdays and Fridays, so maybe tomorrow?

Don’t stress about housing. With 6 tabs you may be able to go through the process already. Housing is really such a small thing but we as parents stress about it the most. It all works out.

Exciting times for all of you. Hoping Fall 2021 has a sense of normalcy for these upcoming freshmen.