TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Congrats emi788! Please share your stats.

Wow! Congrats!! Are you an auto admit?? Maybe we all should have waited until December.

Just curious between UTD and UTA, which is better? I read a lot about UTD and of course they always claim that they are the second best in UT systems and thus the best in north Texas. People said that they are especially good at CS and engineering. Is it not true?

Congratulations!!!

That’s really interesting. My daughter has been accepted at Galveston but is still under review at CSTAT. She has the option to apply for housing in Galveston but when we she clicks through the housing for CSTAT it takes her to a Spring 2021 page. She doesn’t seem to be able to apply for CSTAT housing for the fall. Also, I asked admissions about the NSC for Galveston and I was told that if my daughter registered for the NSC at Galveston she would have to withdraw her application for CSTAT. We’ve also had the 6 tabs since she was accepted to Galveston. So, we wait…

2 Likes

Generally, UTD’s engineering program is ranked better than UTA. However, there a lot of other factors that go into making a decision. My friend is at UTA and is in nursing and loves it.

thank you so much! as i’m sure you know, not auto-admit to college of engineering, but yes, i was auto-admit to a&m.

@utoram2020 I would say that the “stats” seem to change every few years but I can tell you that UTA has more engineering majors to choose from and that their scholarships are really good! I would suggest visiting both to compare. UTA is quite a bit larger as well. It’s a great location between Dallas and Ft. Worth and they have some nice dorms and special honors housing in one of the best dorms on campus.

1 Like

Hi everyone!! I applied for May’s business school back in august and still haven’t gotten any kind of movement in my AIS. I am top 25% 3.5 UW 4.5 W 1250 SAT: 6 AP classes+6 more senior year. gained credit (extreme course rigor). NHS member, 4 year football, 3 year track, many volunteer hours, started a small business, completed an online course that related to my major, and more. I really want to get in but I am worried I won’t get so much as Blinn Team. Has anyone heard about Blinn Team? When should I expect to hear? Is all hope lost?

thank you! here are my stats:

• in-state
  • rank 1/521
  • 35 act (taken once) - 33 math, 36 science, 36 reading, 36 english
  • 9 ap exams (united states history (4), physics 1 (5), chemistry (5), biology (5), environmental science (5), french (5), lang and composition (5), world history (5), human geography (5)) plus government, macroeconomics, physics c mechanics, physics c emag, bc calculus, english lit and composition, and statistics this year
  • 2 dual-enrollment math courses with UT (A+ in discovery precalculus and algebra 2)
  • main extracurriculars/leadership: varsity swim captain, senior mentor for freshman students, student-athlete leadership team, lots of online french language exchange and english tutoring, national honor society, math tutor
  • worked for a technology company for the past several years as manager of quality assurance
2 Likes

thank you so much!!

You’re not alone. That’s the good news. The bad news is Mays is full. No one has received blinn team yet but some have been offered the option to show interest/choose blinn team or waitlist or both. These were all nonengineering students.

Gateway is the only alternative offer (I use that term loosely because it’s a solid offer), that has been given.

Keep your chin up. If you don’t get the answer you want, please know there are many pathways to end up where ya wanna be!!!

UTA will give you more of the traditional college experience with a true campus atmosphere, sports etc. UTD is just a different vibe and still feels like a commuter campus. I’d give UTA the edge on engineering and their merit aid is better…UTD has slashed their AES and are not nearly as generous as they had been.

2 Likes

The letter that I received from TAMU’s scholarship and financial aid department said that university scholarships and financial aid will be offered in late-January for most incoming freshmen. I’m not sure if they’ll live up to that, but I would assume that would mean that they are eyeing a scholarship release on Friday. Departmental scholarships will likely be offered later.

1 Like

Thank you! Makes me feel a lot better! If I DONT get in is there any way to go to Blinn and transfer into TAMU after one year? Or will I have to do more? Is it too hard to transfer into May’s at all? I really want to be in the College Station campus area.

Straight Blinn is a great option and done my many. There are so many Aggies that take a class at the blinn campus and when you’re out and about town or even Tamu main campus, no one knows or cares who goes where. There are no stigmas here.

So you need minimum 24 graded credits and at least 12 have to come from an academic semester after high school. So you will apply in the spring for the Fall. If you don’t have all of your hours, they may defer you for spring grades BUT you will be considered for the Fall.

Also, make sure you follow the transfer degree requirements for Mays or any other major you want to pursue. They are very strict. Mays only accepts 100 transfers per year. You’ll need close to a 4.0. Not trying to scare you just preparing you. There are other business type degrees… ag business, ag Econ and Econ. You can also minor in business. These are much easier majors to get into.

Hope this helps. If it does come down to this, I’m happy to help with any degree plan/course planning. You can message me on here. BUT who knows, you may be poppin on over to Tamu fall 21!! Hang in there.

Thank you this helped so much! I am in quite a unique situation right now and basically have to make a decision on living quarters by next week. This will most likely be before I get my admissions decision, I really want to go to TAMU and love college station. Should I take my chances on Blinn college if I end up not getting in? I don’t want to go to a community college for more than one year. Is there anything I can do now to help my chances of getting into Mays fall 2022 if I get a negative decision?

Check out this link for requirements. I’m telling g you, it’s a lot! So if you need to take summer classes this summer, you may want to check into that.

http://admissions.tamu.edu/getattachment/transfer/majors/2020-2021-Business-TCS.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

Yes I absolutely will thanks! I have two of the required courses done through AP with credit. But if I have to I definitely will take classes over the summer. What do you think my chances are of getting into TEAM? It would save me a heck of hassle.

My portal today shows that Cstat engineering is full and told me to choose between being CONSIDERED for galveston or mcallen or blinn

My first instinct is Blinn but I’m also 99% sure this is the option most people are gonna be picking and will be more exclusive, thoughts?