TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Did yours also say that if you don’t get into the option you select, you WILL get PSA?

For people who haven’t heard back who are non-engineering majors, do you think we would get blinn team or some sort of offer? Or will it go straight to PSA?

Are there any full admissions left for engineering? Or are there only blinn and galveston offers.

Is your son A&M automatic admission?

I’m still holding out hope that my son will get his second choice major (Econ) or Blinn Team. He’s a Review Admit that applied for Mays.

1 Like

Sorry I already chose blinn and don’t remember.

It said that there were going to be a few more.

1 Like

Who knows at this point!

This is me, an Aggie who is married to another Aggie. Let’s remove the fact that I have a daughter in the same boat as some of y’all.

1. Covid threw everything for a loop
  2. The admission date got pushed back by a week. Apparently LOTS of kids took advantage of that.
  3. After 12/21, when all of the documentation was received, A&M shut down for the holiday.
  4. So starting in January, that’s when they could start reviewing all of the other documentation associated with the non auto admits.

From a practicality standpoint, the perceived delay is not really a delay. If you look at last years numbers, they had over 60,000 kids apply. That’s a lot of paperwork to go through. And quite honestly, I don’t know how you fix the process when you HAVE to admit the top 10 percent in the state then review the rest of the applications. For non auto admits, it used to be more structured, but that kept a lot of good kids out as well.

Now my mom hat is back on.

IT SUCKS!
I hate what its doing to my kid.
I don’t know how to help her other than being super supportive and telling her that anything can happen.

12 Likes

I hear ya!! I’m just worried about waiting all this time and then finding out my son didn’t get it in and being at the back of the line for dorm assignment at another school.

3 Likes

Ditto. I’m seriously considering just going ahead and saying yes to another school!

5 Likes

We said yes to OU before hearing from A&M and then withdrew once we were accepted to A&M. I don’t believe there’s anything wrong with that and at least we had housing set at OU just in case.

3 Likes

Oh that sounds like a plan!

1 Like

I agree! My hesitation is that the deposit for his other top choice is $500 non refundable. Not sure I want to gamble that much!

What other schools are you considering?

Wow, you guys. That’s awesome. Can I ask… Were all of you that received the options already admitted to TAMU and were just under review?

And Blinn Academy and Galveston and McAllen are all good offers. Just depends on where you want to be physically the first year.

I was under review.

1 Like

Right now it’s going to be tech or Oregon State. She’s an animal science major. Oregon State is giving her a $24K scholarship. Tech is giving her $16K.

1 Like

So if you click on the options that were offered for Galveston, McAllen, or Blinn does that open up information about each or are you clicking on it saying that is the one that you choose and then you are locked in?

My son who got the 3 choices was a review admit. He does not want to do any of the 3 options, would prefer to go elsewhere vs. those 3 choices, so we went ahead and changed his major choices today as he really wants A&M, any way he can get in. Who knows whether that was a good move?!

We have already put a housing deposit at UTD, will put a housing deposit at Texas Tech tonight and just booked flights for Admitted Students Day at Tech for Feb 19. I don’t mind losing the money on those if and when he gets accepted to TAMU which is his first choice, but I want him to fully pursue all his options. I know my son will thrive wherever he is planted.

6 Likes