TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

When did u all get the choice? This morning or through out the day?

My friend got into CSTAT engineering today. That means that they are still giving out those offers.

My son applied to UTD last week since we never expected that situation would be that bad this year. I will send my son to UTD instead of Blinn if he gets admission. I will send him where he is assured of his choice of major. Even at Blinn he won’t be sure of his choice of major at College Station. How taking classes at both campuses work? “You’ll take math and science courses through Blinn College on the RELLIS campus and engineering courses on the Texas A&M campus.” Are students commuting between Blinn and College Station.

I had forgotten to check my AIS this morning and checked it around 11:30 when I saw the change.

Oh ok. Thank you

Well, DS has Engineering picked and he’s still Under Review with no comments of Engineering being full. Granted his stats are NOWHERE near what some of you are posting–engineering was really a last minute decision (decided in the last 3 months of Junior year). I’m not sure how to proceed. He’s set on C.S. A&M and the Corps. Should we expect a declined notification or what?

There are buses that run between the Rellis campus and C.S. campus. I believe students can be housed on A&M campus.

@mgm1001001 For engineering at Blinn, there is a bus that goes between the main campus and Blinn (Relis I think). Students still have the option of living on campus and spend 2 days at one campus and 3 at the other. Everyone takes the same classes, just different location. NONE of the freshman engineers are assured of their engineering major - they all have to go through ETAM. If his goal is to graduate with an Engineering degree from A&M, Blinn is a great way to do it. There are other threads on this - some are called TEAM (the eng academy at Blinn). Hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I don’t want him end up doing engineering in a field in which he has no interest. One of my friend’s daughter was stuck with Civil Engineering although she had no interest in Civil

Yes, that would be super frustrating. But even the freshman engineers at main campus go through ETAM. They all go through it together with the same requirements.

So now that my son has selected the Blinn Team option for Mech Engineering, does anyone have any idea how long THAT wait will be before we hear something definitive?

So I found this for 2018 on TAMU site. It doesn’t have anything more current that I could find.

30% accepted as auto admits
17.5% review/academic admits (so I combined since no academic any more)
3.5% Gateway (600 students)
11.2% Team (4000 students. It didn’t differentiate between academy or just Team)
25% PSA (9000)

61% of all applicants got one of these offers. 17000 students were review candidates (academic and review)

Of the 17000 review, only 37% got full admit.

Keep in mind this is considered 4 year old data, but it’s the best we have right now.

FYI Academy is engineering and Team is no engineering. There is a difference. Team is 2 years and academy should be one if done right.

1 Like

Yes team and academy students have full access to Tamu campus living, eating, library etc. they get everything a full time student gets.

1 Like

My AIS only shows my first choice major (Business) and it doesn’t show my second choice. I chose Communication BS as my second choice on the application, and it shows in Apply Texas when I look back on my application, yet there’s no way I can see my second choice on either AIS or Howdy. Is that a sign of something? Does anyone else have this problem?

Towards the bottom of the page, you should see two majors listed. Is that not there for you?

Will declining all options (Galveston/Blinn/McAllen) give me a (even a marginally) better chance of acceptance to C-Stat?

Nope, it is not there for me. Just 1 major. Very odd

If they told you that you must choose between the 3 options, then you will not get an offer for full admit to cstat.

1 Like

Yes
Only one major is shown on AIS

Is there any mention in the correspondence you received that a PSA offer would become your ‘safety net’ should you not be considered for the option you select? I honestly think you have to respond in some way by selecting one of those 3 given options.