TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Even I don’t see 2 majors. Only one. But in my son’s case he does not remember if he chose a second major.

It says that If I do not get into the option I choose I will be considered for a PSA, but there is an option that says “Decline all Engineering Options.”

My daughter checked again, and hers shows two.

|1|Agriculture and Life Sciences|Animal Science|BS|

|2|Education and Human Development|Health|BS|

Are you sure it doesn’t say if you don’t get the option you select, you “will” be admitted to PSA?

Last week when some students were asked to select from ‘Waitlist’; ‘Team’; or ‘Both Waitlist & Team’ there was a final sentence indicating they were guaranteed a PSA offer should their selected choice not come to fruition. Just wondering if there was a similar indication in your 3 choices option also?

Here is what it said:

Texas A&M University receives more applications from high achieving, academically prepared applicants than we can accommodate in the freshman class. The admission limits on the College Station campus have been reached and very few additional offers of full admission will be made; however, in recognition of your academic and personal achievements, we would like to consider you for admission to one of the following Engineering Pathways:

Please make your selection by April 1. This is not an offer of admission, it is an offer to be considered for admission to one of the below options. If we are unable to offer you your choice below, you will be offered the Program for System Admission.

NOTE: Once you make a selection, you will not be able to make a change.

You may request consideration for one of the options below or decline all options.

Ah OK …unfortunately I have no insight into if you were to select ‘Decline all Engineering Options’ how that would pan out.
BUT I would suggest if you’re considering the Blinn option at all then grab that opportunity now - last year I seem to recall it filled up quickly and some people were disappointed when they were ready to make a decision after considering it… it was no longer available.
Perhaps @AggieMomhelp can shed more light on this?

ENGINEERING…ENGINEERING…ENGINEERING…so many would-be Aggie engineers!

Back in the Ol’ Army days when I was at A&M, it seemed like every other person I would meet in the fall semester was an “Engineering” major. I would see many of those same people in the spring or the next school year, and they had changed their major to sociology or economics. :smiley:

I understand the desire to dream big, and I am certainly thankful we have so many brilliant students who are willing to be our STEM leaders for the future. The reality, however, is that many students who are so fixated on being admitted into “Engineering” will soon realize that making a good grade in high school Calculus or high school Physics does not necessarily equate to success in Texas A&M’s Engineering Department(s).

Additionally, there will be many students who have the intellectual ability and aptitude to handle the rigor of Engineering, but they will find out that they really do not like the subject matter and cannot see themselves in this career the rest of their lives; so they, too, will move on to something else.

Remember, “To thine own self be true”. Saying to your parents or to all the folks back home that you’re going to study Engineering at A&M sounds great; but many, many students come to the sobering conclusion that they like the idea of being an engineer much more than they like the reality of being one.

Best of luck and GIG 'EM!!!

Class of '90

7 Likes

yeah so you’re not “considered” for psa the same way you are for the academies you’re guaranteed psa if the academy you choose is full, if I read it correctly

also in ais for me it shows I’m in review for engineering at blinn but still also has my second choice listed (non-engineering) unlike other people here whose majors disappeared after choosing an academy so does this mean I’m still being considered for cstat?

We finally see 6 tabs (today) but still in review for engineering. Cstat . What does that mean?

Wow congratulations. Did u get it now? Or morning?

Today is the first time we have seen the 6 tabs on Howdy. Does that mean he is “in” officially? I don’t see where there is any other place to get get additional info. Again, the AIS says still in review.

Today as of 4:00 pm

Okay so I see you are auto admit. You either got academy or full.

Check under manage application. Should give you more insight. And tabs had to have changed this morning. They don’t change throughout the day.

Yes it will fill up as it has in years past. Decide quickly.

My daughter was offered consideration for TEAM only, consideration for Waitlist Only, or consideration for Waitlist & TEAM. She didn’t apply until 12/14. Could this play a role in not being accepted? I’m wondering if choosing “consideration for Waitlist and TEAM” will lower her chances of full admission. Why would anyone just choose “consideration for TEAM only” if they can choose to be considered for TEAM and still remain on the waitlist as well?

1 Like

Just a guess but more people probably choose Waitlist Only than TEAM Only. Most probably check all three. If you check all three, or both solo options, is priority given to Waitlist or TEAM?

My daughter has to choose one option. If she doesn’t choose an option, she will be offered PSA admission prior to May 1st. It just seems odd that someone would choose the “consideration for TEAM only” option and decide to not be placed on the waitlist as well. Why would someone eliminate their chance to be on the waitlist and (maybe) gain admission to A&M?

1 Like

@AggieMomhelp I’m an OOS Biology major do you have any idea when I might hear back? Thank you!!

My daughter is considered an OOS applicant and heard back today. We are Texas residents but she attends high school in another state, so she is considered an OOS applicant.

1 Like