TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

The waitlist finds out very late in the process. When you find out you are late on choosing housing, NSC, classes, perhaps fish camp, and on top of that you have to continue with a “plan B” by that time and maybe plan B wins out. The student may have already picked a dorm and a room-mate. I think the waitlist is one of the harder options because it will be so late in the game. I completely understand why someone would be hesitant.

1 Like

My daughter was in same boat last year. We are OOS, but hubby is a Texas resident. Her admissions advisor encouraged her to apply for Both TEAM and Waitlist as it would give her more options. She got full admission to TAMU mid April. Waitlisted applicants are last to hear anything as we were told that they have to see how many applicants that were given an offer - decline which then opens up spots for waitlisted and TEAM. She was able to get housing on campus, attend virtual NSC of her choice, Fish camp, Impact camp without any trouble - even though her acceptance was so late. Her back up plan was to attend Blinn if she didnt get in and got PSA.

2 Likes

My daughter had only one major listed on hers as well and doesn’t remember having an opportunity to add a second choice. So, she emailed through the “ask a question” and asked to add a second major. They ended up adding her second choice for her after a day or two.

Congrats to your daughter! Do you know how students are chosen off the waitlist? I’m wondering if they place more competitive students toward the top of the list or if the list is just randomly compiled. I’m also wondering what happens if my daughter is accepted to Blinn but doesn’t accept the offer. Will she still have the option of remaining on the waitlist?

Keep us posted on how that goes. we are in nearly the exact same spot from a stats point of view. We still have not heard back and as a family are considering moving on, of it we get the PSA offers, want to know what happens if he changes major to non-engineering .

Yea, if this is where you landed, we’re screwed.

Does anyone have any advice? Should we proceed with plan C at this point??

I wouldn’t be so sure, my grades might’ve been solid but there are other things on my app I could’ve done better. My essay could’ve definitely used work but I wanted to submit my application as soon as possible, although seeing as I didn’t hear back at all until 6 months later, it really wasn’t worth it.

Should he get a PSA offer then definitely look carefully into Tarleton State University (Stephenville, TX) -it’s an A&M system school(the original one!) with an established Corp. I know students have successfully transferred into CS & the Corp thru this route.

Its hard to transfer in (frog) into the Corps. Not that the process is difficult but you’ve essentially missed out of your fish year and may not garner the respect from your peers who did. That’s part of our dilemma with accepting a PSA offer.

Has anyone applied directly to Blinn college after receiving PSA offer…and pursuing engineering?

2 Likes

I just saw on Reddit that an engineering major who applied on 12/15 has already received full admission. I guess submitting an application early really doesn’t matter much.

Oh the dilemma. It’s truly an unknown on the best course. And to throw another bug in your ear (who came up with that sayin?) some that got team last year were then offered full admit to cstat around April as well. I cannot recall if they had received team or chose team from those options. Or chose both team and waitlist.

Honestly, I’d choose both and if I didn’t get in and still wanted to be an Aggie (non engineer) I would go to blinn for a year and transfer. A solid gpa will get you into most majors. A near 4.0 will get you into Mays. And if you are wanting engineering, you need to choose one of the options given OR apply to Brenham blinn academy ASAP. They too fill up. But it is also a direct pathway to Tamu. And you can get sports pass to Tamu and do fish camp. At least that’s how it was 2 years ago. Last year who knows what happened with Covid.

From blinn academy, you apply for ETaM just like everyone else. Check it out.

Have you had any movement on your howdy or Ais?

If you have time, scroll down to the ‘PSA -Fall ‘Transfer’ 2020 -Updates, Q&A , Information’ link. Around May/June '20 timeline, there were 2 contributors @Jonesfam5 (Army) and @CadetTAMU (Air Force) who had or were PSA/Corps students at Tarleton who successfully moved over into CStat & the Corps. Perhaps if they still follow this format they may be able to share how this transition has gone both from being a student & Corps member perspective?

1 Like

No unfortunately, I applied in late october and the application was complete 2 weeks after (TAMU had to create their own rank since my school doesn’t rank, hence the delay). Am I out of luck?

Thank you. That helps

What are your stats? I don’t see any post with them. I would say the longer we go in this process with no activity, the more it seems like PSA offers will start coming out next. I will say I’m surprised since we didn’t get a big non engineering wave on this site for January.

What are your stats?

They told us last year that they did not rank the waitlist. Meaning someone #10 on the list could be picked before #1. So I am not sure how they picked last year. Maybe a spot comes open in a certain major, then they pick someone who applied for that major? I am not sure. My daughter got in with Chemistry from the waitlist and as soon as she accepted, she immediately applied to Allied Health and was accepted in 24 hours. So not sure how it all works.

2 Likes

3.5 W GPA 1370 SAT IB Diploma Candidate. I had significant improvement from my first two years to my junior year (junior year I took 8 classes when the regular is 7, 7 of those classes were IB where I only had 1 B and 1 class was physics 1 and I got an A).

You sound like an outstanding student. Hang in there and please keep us posted. I hope you hear soon and get the decision you want. Just remember there are many ways to get what you want. Chin up and breathe.

1 Like