TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Yeah it would totally make sense to pull by major. Sad they don’t rank within the major tho. I would love to know the back end process. It’s got to be such a hard job having such a big decision in someone else’s life.

1 Like

Thank you!

Are u a review student? Did you get the choices today on AIS?

I am a review student (I’m OOS), my AIS hasn’t updated from when I submitted all my documents back in October/November

Are we still holding out hope a wave may happen tomorrow or Friday for non auto, non engineering majors? Or did I miss that wave?

What major did she get in UT Austin?

My son has similar stats. And he is also waiting since November. No change in the portal. Keeping fingers crossed. Best of luck to all review students still waiting with no change.

1 Like

Honestly I was sure there would be one because on this thread (although a small number of people), we have not seen one yet.

This is such a crazy year that I don’t want to give false hope because it’s just my opinion based on prior years. I hope I’m right that we will see something this week or next. But with option offers coming out, I just don’t know.

Keep the faith and know that you have done all you can do at this point.

5 Likes

Thank you for your honesty and hopefulness. I do know we have done all we can and we will just continue to wait to see what path my daughter ends up on. It’ll be great no matter what.

4 Likes

If given TEAM or taken off the waitlist, how is one notified? How long to accept that offer once given?

Now I’m really confused. I looked at the Blinn website and it says to apply to the Engineering program through them. Is this the same thing as the TEAM option through A&M? It sounds like it is but before I send son off to sit with an advisor to change his major over at Blinn, I want to make sure.

Be clear if you are looking at blinn Brenham or Bryan. Brenham is a separate application and is not given as an option through Tamu. Blinn Academy is an option only Tamu can give.

Brenham is less than an hour away from cstat. It’s a great junior college and follows the same ETaM program as any other Tamu, Galveston , blinn academy, McAllen offer.

Hope that helps.

How far is Blinn academy from College Station campus?

If offered blinn academy it’s 10 minutes. If you apply blinn Brenham then it’s about an hour or less.

They gave us option today to pick 1 out of 3. So we clicked Blinn Engineering. I was worried …now I feel much better.

Lol yes. It is close. And you can live on Tamu campus. It’s a great offer!!! Especially for engineering since only one year!

Bus schedule can get them there often throughout the day. I’ve never heard any complaints.

To be honest, I don’t know what I’m looking at anymore. It says Brenham but also mentions taking courses at A&M. It says live on campus in Brenham. They need better distinctions between all these names. Gateway, PSA, PTA, pathways, TEAM, ETaM. I’m so out of my league. Just tell me if my kid got in or not. This is ridiculous.

Sorry. Just so frustrated because this is what he wants. And he wants to be a Cadet and commission for the Air Force. I’m just coming down from the stress of helping him with trying to get into the Air Force Academy and now this. Make it easy for us parents and the students! We have enough going on right now.

5 Likes

Just throwing another option out there that I don’t think I’ve seen mentioned or at least mentioned in a while… The TAMU Engineering Academy/Austin Community College Chevron Engineering Academy. This is the same concept of the academy at Brenham except it is in Austin and there aren’t any dorms. What with covid still and if you live in Austin area, it looks like a great way to go. I had looked into it for my son last year (listened to a podcast; emailed with Professor Saad Eways, etc) and actually thought it could be a better pathway to success for him because of the smaller classes. Also, I’m sure they are anxious to ensure their students are successful and transfer over to the College Station campus to boost their statistics.

You can google Texas A&M Engineering Academy/Austin Community College to find more information and/or contact Professor Eways below.

Saad Eways
Professor, Science, Engineering, & Math
512-223-3219
seways@austincc.edu

1 Like

My question still remains about how long and how difficult it is to get accepted into Engineering at Blinn once you accept the offer.

@bp2021 Below is info on the bus that goes between main campus and Rellis (engineering academy). There is also a bus that goes between main campus and Blinn Bryan (Team). There may even be the option to park at either but its my understanding that the busses work great for the students. You can get more info about busses by googling “Tamu bus” or lots of info in general by googling “tamu ???” In recent years I’ve heard that some of the classes at Rellis can be smaller than on main campus, which is great for the students.

https://transport.tamu.edu/busroutes/Routes.aspx?r=47