TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

What do you mean by top 10% is only based on the 6th semester standing?

@Ocean2togo It is your class rank at the end of your Junior year, or after 6 semesters of high school.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Does anyone know what is considered the best for when it comes to housing? And Does Texas A&M have honor dorms?

@Ocean2togo There are several options for housing on campus. Hullabaloo is the newest dorm and is usually one of the first to fill up. The modular are some of the biggest. I think it really has to do with what the student wants.
I don’t believe there is a “honors dorm” that only houses honors students. If they are in University Honors, then there are certain dorms they must live in their freshman year. If they are Engineering Honors student (and I believe there are others), there are a couple of different options of housing, but it is not required. However, some College Honors, like Mays Business Honors, do not have housing options.

Thank you for your help on the housing advice

Thank you @AggieMomhelp I saw a lot of your posts when I was reading the Class of 2024 thread. Your advice is helpful.

Last year today was the day that their AIS accounts switched over to being accepted. It was late afternoon. There were parents that were able to go ahead and get housing done that morning but I checked and it isn’t an option available for mine today.

@Ocean2togo I am understanding it that as long as your transcript shows top 10 on the 6 semester one you use to apply, you are good. They are not going to require your 7 semester transcript to be top 10. However if you aren’t top 10 on your 6 semester but are on your 7 semester, you become auto admit. I could be wrong but that is how the school counselor explained it to me this morning. She called me about my younger daughter and asked how the applications were going for my oldest.

Thank you !

I’m not sure about 7th semester ranking qualifying as auto admit. The application process is closed prior to that ranking being available. Required documents deadline December 15.

For colleges like UT and TAMU, I think what UTmomOf Aggies says is correct. They have to have things submitting before you would get semester 7 rerankings. For colleges like TTU, that having rolling admission, so you can submit after rankings have been refigured after semester 7. However, if you are that close to top 10%, I assume you would be accepted before the Top 10% posted.

I have learned in the last few months, that the answers depend on who you talk to. Basically she said if you were under review and hadn’t gotten an answer you resend the transcript, notify admission of the change and they would automatically let you in due to the top 10. BUT again, that was what one counselor at one school said her experience was so that is why I said it could be wrong. At this point I’m taking everything with a grain of salt.

I’m really curious how test optional and covid in general is affecting admissions. A good friend’s daughter has the 6 tabs. She is not top 10% and wouldn’t have even qualified for the old Academic admit. Her mom had been told on their campus visit that holistic review kiddos wouldn’t start being notified until October. She wasn’t thinking they would know anything for another month but of course now is anxious since she has the 6 tabs.

I just checked and mine has the top 10% check marked green but I still do not see any update change saying admitted.

Always best to defer to admissions. I’d hate for a student in this 7th semester position to lean on the assumption and it not hold true. Last cycle definitely had some curve balls under this cycles circumstances exceptions to the norm will occur. Again - reach out to admissions.

@Ocean2togo That is what we are all seeing. My sons has been that way since August 8. We are waiting on pins and needles… Hopefully soon! Good news is that you know what the outcome will be, just need it to be official.

Absolutely.

Question for those that are experienced. Do they get an email that they are accepted or do they need to check AIS or Howdy?

TmClanton I am thinking anyday also.:slight_smile: I wonder if more kids have applied this year due to not having to submit ACT/SAT. Maybe that is why it may take a little longer.

@BEPLBC What major was your friends daughter applying for? That is awesome that she has 6 tabs and is not auto admit.

@wish85 not any of the extremely competitive ones like Engineering or Mays. She wants to be a physical therapist. Mom thinks she chose Biology and Kinesiology- Exercise Science and motor behavior concentration but can not remember which was listed first.

A transfer student posted on a different thread that they received their acceptance today. Hopefully soon!!!

Does everyone have the Academic Success Center, Study Hub, University Writing Center, Library, and Class Search icons at the top of Howdy? If so, do you have 6 tabs as well? Also, can anyone login to Library and show an account with their name on it with a zero balance? Just curious if that is a sign of future admissions. We can also login to the meal accounts site. My son is not an auto admit- so just hoping this is a good sign, although we do not have the 6 tabs others talk about. (Fingers Crossed its good news!)