TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Daughter #1 – Transfer applicant
App submitted: 10/13/20
Decision = 10/20/20
Psychology major
Transferred 51 credit hours with 25 as DC
GPA: HS-3.47 and college - 3.66
She had all required coursework from the transfer guide completed at time of application.
No SAT or ACT scores

thanks for the clarification! This process is awful and I can’t imagine my D being rejected…she’s the whole package and has a very well-rounded resume. This just feels like we’re trying to see the future in a crystal ball that just won’t clear up! I’ll stick with my day job (which at the moment feels like it’s monitoring this board), because I have no future in fortune-telling or tea leaf reading. :grinning:

4 Likes

Education

I am a longtime lurker, first time poster. My son applied for Engineering in early August. Top 12%, 1340 SAT, 10+ AP classes, several leadership positions for his HS robotics team, countless CS hours, etc…

He finally received an offer for Blinn, Galveston, or McAllen. He ideally wants to do the Engineering Academy thru our local CC. He was pre-qualified, and sent in another application for that to A&M. I spoke with someone today, and was told to pick one of the 3 options as a backup plan if he does not get into the Academy. I was also told that Blinn Engineering (is the most popular and most competitive choice) has a max of number of spots as well.

The wait is grueling and he was about to throw in the towel and head to Tech as he was offered several scholarships. The entire process is frustrating and we only want the best for our kids. Hang in there.

1 Like

We clicked on Blinn yesterday right away as they said admission is based on first-come, first-service. Still no confirmation.

Does anyone have a link to what classes you take at Blinn and what classes you take at A&M for the TEAB program?

Although his school does not offer many extra curricular activities, he has participated in karate for 13 years winning several national titles and one world title. He also participates in 3 other forms of Martial Arts. He has been an Altar Server for 10 years, is a church youth leader and is in National Honor Society.

So here’s an unusual question. What would someone recommend for a parent whose child desperately wants to be an Aggie, applied with 2 engineering majors selected, and got into the engineering co-program at Blinn, then decided he wasn’t sure he wanted to be an engineer and might want to do biochem or straight biology? Can you decline the offer for Blinn and still get a PSA offer? If so, that might be the only option, since I don’t think you can change majors if you’re in the engineering co-program at Blinn.

1 Like

I would advise not to go psa. Go to blinn as a normal blinn student. Complete 24 credits with a solid gpa and apply as soon as you can as a transfer student to Tamu.

Honestly y’all, straight transfer is not that hard depending on major (mays, viz, architecture and allied health are competitive).

Just follow the transfer degree requirements laid out by your major. It tells you minimum gpa and required plus recommended courses to complete before application. If you have dual credit, they count towards the 24 hours. AP do not. Meet with an advisor in the desired major at Tamu. Get your name in front of them. Write a great essay about why the major and what you’ll do with it and what you’ll bring to Tamu.

Psa is 30 credits. At a system school. Blinn is a tough junior college. Some Aggie professors teach at both. Tamu has a solid respect for students coming from blinn. And I mean that for both Bryan as well as Brenham locations but for sure Bryan and you’ll be in Aggieland.

@AggieMomhelp so this is what it says on howdy
Application Status: Under Review Level : Undergraduate Major: TEAB Program: BAC-TEAM-EB Location: College Station

but i only have 3 tabs and on ais it says im being considered for blinn and shows college station does it mean I got blinn or does it just mean my application is now for blinn?

Definitely Blinn academy for engineering. Not sure why you only have 3 tabs though. But if you show teab then you will have both Tamu and blinn access. Congrats!

I have the exact same thing too!

2 Likes

My son’s says the exact same thing under “manage application.” I thought that was because he picked Blinn out of the 3 choices yesterday. Hopefully, we all wake up to 6 tabs!

2 Likes

My son just checked AIS. He got in! Pre-engineering @ College Station. You folks keep hope alive! Slots still open and many great options. Thank you all for insight especially aggiemomhelp!

5 Likes

Congratulations! What is Pre-Engineering?
Do you mind sharing his stats.

I just checked and mine says the same thing. I believe it’s just saying you’re in review for Texas A&M engineering at Blinn since we both chose the same option around the same time.

1 Like

I guess the correct term is general engineering. I called it pre because they go through the ETAM process as I understand it.
He had 31 ACT -31 math 33 science-
9 or 10 AP’s including Calc BC, chemistry, biology and physics. 5.1 weighted, 3.96 is. Uw. Internships which included programming and underwater robotics
Varsity soccer. NHS, NHRP, so his ACT wasn’t the highest and His essays were so so but I think course rigor and gpa were helpful.

1 Like

No his said congrats, welcome to aggieland etc.

ACT score 30 and above is excellent. Congratulations again :slight_smile:

That is awesome. So excited for y’all. I envision waking up tomorrow with a lot of the others still waiting, having a decision.

Keep the faith, Y’all.

1 Like